Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

The ACC needs to move to limit conference playoff participation to three teams. The Big 12 and ND should agree. Otherwise ESPN will push for the biggest tv audiences and biggest fan bases every time.
Or move to guarantee money for each conference at certain substantial levels.
Money alone is a big deal to the ACC, another reason anything close should have gone FSU’s way on Sunday.
As one poster said “this is war”. SEC Conference guy was out politicking, where was the ACC guy? You can not count on anything now, you better negotiate better.

This is all true. College football is awesome. It was more fun when this was all kept in the closet where it belongs.

Might as well just call yourselves the Champions of Life if no one else is going to crown you national champs. It's a stupid ööööing idea.

UCF can claim it all they want. Hell, Penn State fans claim 1994 around here. None of that matters. The wikipedia entry won't give it to FSU. Twenty years from now, only old FSU fans will care. Everyone else will call Washington the champ.
You obviously don’t claim Tech’s second ACC title.

Boos dad was Gene Corrigan past ACC commissioner, and later head of the NCAA. No anti ACC conspiracy there.
I think he grew up in Charlottesville and Greensboro.
We have a power five and a CFP with four slots. Higher Ed at its finest.
I never said he participated in an anti ACC conspiracy. He didn’t do his job representing the ACC on a very obvious issue and as Chsirman he could have made it happen.

Why would anyone want NC State? Have they ever won anything outside of Jimmy V in '83? They are a more southern version of Maryland or Rutgers
Same reason they have Vandy, Miss St, Usce, etc. Everybody needs wins on their schedule.

I never said he participated in an anti ACC conspiracy. He didn’t do his job representing the ACC on a very obvious issue and as Chsirman he could have made it happen.
Wtf. #3 ACC undefeated champ beats # 10. SEC#8 champ beats undefeated number #1. Tuff call. I hate them both but less than UGA. Bama had better schedule. P-5 CFP with four slots. I thought this was college football.

BTW Boo Corrigan is solid fella and pretty cool. You guys are dopes.

..and where exactly did I say you did?

...and he doesn't represent the ACC on the committee any more than Condoleezza Rice represented the GOP while on the committee. Where the öööö do you guys come up with this bullshit?

Wtf. #3 ACC undefeated champ beats # 10. SEC#8 champ beats undefeated number #1. Tuff call. I hate them both but less than UGA. Bama had better schedule. P-5 CFP with four slots. I thought this was college football.

BTW Boo Corrigan is solid fella and pretty cool. You guys are dopes.
If he is a solid fellow and pretty cool why does he go by the idiotic name Boo.

ESPN needs an SEC school in there.

It's the best three schools and whoever from the SEC will get the highest ratings.
It isn't the ratings. ESPN needs the SEC schools in for longer term goals. First, they need to keep up the hype of SEC being the best conference to be able to sell all SEC future games or they can't pay the annual fee. Second, keeping the ACC out of the mix gives them a reason for avoiding renegotiation of their contract since the ACC must be inferior if they can't make the CFP. If F$U was in and the SEC was shut out, ESPN would have a couple major contract issues.

Man, y’all actually acting as if a bowl game matters? FSU and UGA will both be without many players. Bowl games are worthless. Sure, I’m going to Tampa but I’m not going believing we could make some sort of chest puffing statement about being 7-6 vs. 6-7. No one cares because our team will be totally different next year due to the portal. Heck, we don’t even know who will be on the team in Tampa or what coaches will still be on staff.

Back