Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Would love to see it. Have the team there, go through warm ups and then simply not come out for the game and get on the bus and head home. Of course they would need an Elon Musk to reimburse the fans of FSU who made the trip, but eh. Georgia team just standing around looking stupid. Then what would ABC do for the next three hours of telecast? Would be too funny.

Can’t play with covid+ results. Sorry, the entire team just tested positive.

Better yet Michigan crush bama then lose to Texas ... FSU crushes UGA and is the only undefeated team you have to give them at least a share of the mnc

Plus no sec in final game
fsu doesn't have to crush uga, they can lose and make a game of it like we did, and the CFP committee will have mucho egg on face...not that it will matter, except for my extreme enjoyment.

öööö, even if FSU had beaten the pants off Lousiville (which their defense clearly did), they would have concocted some horseshit to shove Bama or UGA into the playoff. ESPN needs an SEC school in there.

It's the best three schools and whoever from the SEC will get the highest ratings.

I sincerely hope that Michigan beats the öööö out of Bama. And then I hope Washington wins the National Title in a lopsided ööööfest.
no let Texas win and FSU is the only undefeated

Let’s pretend GT went undefeated this year and won the ACC. Why would they take us over Alabama? We would have the same good wins. This is why the decision is terrible. The injury gave them an excuse to do what they wanted to do the whole time. It makes the decision even worse in my mind.
I think in that scenario the undefeated ACC team would get in over TX

Better yet Michigan crush bama then lose to Texas ... FSU crushes UGA and is the only undefeated team you have to give them at least a share of the mnc

Plus no sec in final game
Michigan ain’t crushing nobody, especially not Bama

I do think FSU will be super motivated to beat uga though, and they have the defense to do it

First, öööö FSU, I hate them as much as anyone, I can even revel in their misery. Doesn't change the fact that they were done wrong 100%. You win your conference, and are one of 3 undefeated teams and you get left out for a team that has already lost to one of the other one loss teams that were picked ahead of you - that matchup is known, it was already decided on the field! This is less objective than figure skating.

Anyone who is ok with this outcome, that it was the correct outcome, would:

A) be out of their mind with rage if this happened to Tech or perhaps any other team they don't despise, so you are either a hypocrite or driven solely by emotion/getting what you personally want, or both, and are nowhere near honest enough to admit it.

B) must also thus agree that giving Colorado a share of the 1990 trophy was the right call as it's very similar in being decided through a process of subjectivity when there is enough tangible, objective on the field reality to make the obviously correct call.

For the above not to be true, that means you favor outcomes based emotion rather than on the field, maybe you are more suited for women's activities but be careful there are many women out there with more control of their estrogen than you.

All I know is between this and the horse öööö ban the other day I am about down with all this bullshit.

Why? If Bama is better than the ACC team Texas has to be in over Bama.
Because they beat Bama first game of the season? A lot has happened since, TX had a bad loss against OK and Bama went on a run including beating #1. Bama’s strength of schedule is better than TX also.

Because they beat Bama first game of the season? A lot has happened since, TX had a bad loss against OK and Bama went on a run including beating #1. Bama’s strength of schedule is better than TX also.
Huh?

Texas #2

Unlike FSU/UF or Clemson/USC, we actually hate UGA and vice versa. And the BoR and the entire state legislature is made up of Dawgs.

Y'all need to stop voting for ööööheads.
UF doesn’t hate FSU? Maybe I’ve been talking to fake Florida fans.

The only thing is I question FSU’s offensive firepower with 2 QBs hurt
Maybe one will be back
Can he knock rust off effectively?

I'm becoming ever more convinced that there are basically two types of college football fans.

Type A - enjoys the athletic competition of football, the ultimate team sport, a battle to see who plays the game the best, overcomes adversity and earns victory, appreciates the individual sacrifice for the good of the team, your basic warfare metaphor. Victory should be earned.

Type B - enjoys watching the game but really loves all the drama surrounding it, more so than the game itself truth be told. Considers the Rose Bowl the greatest of all bowl games because, you know they really just love them some roses. Finds Cavman more than just a bit attractive. Victory should be given to those that others deem more deserving, even if it contradicts what happened on the field. What others think is more important than what happens on the field.

Type A - doesn't spend much time watching/reading ESPN style commentary, whatever the source, because they have better things to do than be fawning at the feet of a bunch of blow-hards opining on TV in a sports talk show that is actually designed to get them ensconced in the drama, manufactured or otherwise. They would be just fine if there were no pregame or post game shows at all.

Type B - thrives on the drama and controversy which is fed like a firehose through the media/internet. Enjoys the game but really can't wait to see what others have to say about it afterwards in the media and on social media.

Type A - Looks forward to enjoying an ale while watching the lions feast on human flesh in the Roman Coliseum this weekend.

Type B - Can't wait to see what happens to Brenda and Brandon next week on the new 90210 episode.

The committee already said Texas was in. Big 12 was pretty good OOC.

Doesn't matter. It was still THIS SEASON. There is no "well that was September" or "mulligan, late October". It was a loss to Texas. That matchup has been decided.

Back