Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

FSU will get curb-stomped by the Dwags and all the FSU crybabies will be here saying FSU was still deflated from being left out of the CFP.

Oh look here's another Tech fan slobbering over uga/sec and how good they are. Uga couldn't curb stomp GT but they're supposed to do it to fsu.

But by all means continue playing the nonsensical contrarian troll with your "haha y u mad crybaby?" schtick

It's not like people _actually_ believe UCF is the NC in 2017. It's a fun joke at the CFP's expense.

What does it really mean to be MNC? If FSU beats the Dwags, there will be plenty of people who believe they have a legit claim to a split title, no different than us in 1990.

What does it really mean to be MNC? If FSU beats the Dwags, there will be plenty of people who believe they have a legit claim to a split title, no different than us in 1990.
Other than college football fans on reddit who like to be pedantic and UCF alums, who acknowledges UCF as the the 2017 National Champ?

Other than college football fans on reddit who like to be pedantic and UCF alums, who acknowledges UCF as the the 2017 National Champ?

What does UCF have to do with this? They were a mid major who literally canceled a game against us to not lose.

I'm saying that plenty of people believe that an undefeated P5 should not have been left out in favor of a one loss team, and will agree that they have a legit claim to a split title. 2017 UCF as a mid major has nothing to do with that.

No one will believe that they are sole national champions, true. It will be like any split title between P5 teams in the past: there is no single answer because the system did not allow it to be settled on the field.

Oh look here's another Tech fan slobbering over uga/sec and how good they are. Uga couldn't curb stomp GT but they're supposed to do it to fsu.

But by all means continue playing the nonsensical contrarian troll with your "haha y u mad crybaby?" schtick
I mean, look - if you're a kid playing for FSU, do you want to go down to Miami to play in a meaningless bowl game against a bunch of dirty mouth-breathers if you've got your NFL draft status locked in? Are you motivated to ...not be the national champion? Those kids playing on FSU's defensive line whooped Louisville's ass because they believed with a win, they'd get into the playoff. That ship sailed.

There is no longer any hypotheticals that can be mined from this situation.

That said, UGA isn't that good this year. Michigan, Washington and Texas would boat-race them. Hell, with a semi-functioning run defense, we could have won that game.

What does UCF have to do with this? They were a mid major who literally canceled a game against us to not lose.

I'm saying that plenty of people believe that an undefeated P5 should not have been left out in favor of a one loss team, and will agree that they have a legit claim to a split title. 2017 UCF as a mid major has nothing to do with that.

No one will believe that they are sole national champions, true. It will be like any split title between P5 teams in the past: there is no single answer because the system did not allow it to be settled on the field.
You're on crack if you think any selector - computer, voter, poll, etc - will give FSU a title after the winner of the playoff has those wins added to their resume. They only people who will claim it is FSU. It's like Penn State claiming their title.

You're on crack if you think any selector - computer, voter, poll, etc - will give FSU a title after the winner of the playoff has those wins added to their resume.

I think that plenty of people will acknowledge their claim, even if selectors don't. They'll hang a banner, call themselves national champions, and many people will agree it's a split title and they have a legitimate claim.

As far as whether that is worth anything, I suppose that comes down to personal motivation and why you play the game. Ultimately none of this really means anything, especially since most of the players aren't getting the big bucks until they go to the NFL, CFP or no CFP.

I think that plenty of people will acknowledge their claim, even if selectors don't. They'll hang a banner, call themselves national champions, and many people will agree it's a split title and they have a legitimate claim.

As far as whether that is worth anything, I suppose that comes down to personal motivation and why you play the game. Ultimately none of this really means anything, especially since most of the players aren't getting the big bucks until they go to the NFL, CFP or no CFP.
FSU needs to do it just to piss off the committee and whoever wins the tainted title. And the rest of us need to recognize it for the same reason.

All Sunday did was prove that the most powerful figure in college sports is Nick Saban (with Greg Sankey as his consigliere). He lobbied to get a one-loss SEC team in and it happened. He doesn't need Luca Brasi to get the CFP's signature on anything.

So Michigan wins its conference championship game against a ranked opponent and goes 13-0 by playing great defense and running the ball and not asking much out of its quarterback.
Florida State wins its conference championship game against a ranked opponent and goes 13-0 by playing great defense and running the ball and not asking much out of its quarterback.

There was no way they were leaving the SEC out of this. The ACC took the kneecapping instead.

So, it's now official, the CFP committee will now perform physical exams on all 12-14 team's QBs under consideration. Great, and I thought cFB couldn't get any worse than the NIL/TP crap. We should have never given everybody a trophy and passed students from grade to grade no matter what their grades were (or should be), because they now expect it as if it was a Right.

Ncstate sleeper agent has been activated. What has Sankey promised them in return? It’s time for FOIA requests

Exactly. You state forcefully what the fact are and let the ööööing other members know that you aren't playing your little theoretical game in your head and thinking "ohh, Alabama and Michigan. I wonder if we can dig him up and get Keith Jackson to call the game."
Old bastards

Do we have any evidence he didn't do that?

All Sunday did was prove that the most powerful figure in college sports is Nick Saban (with Greg Sankey as his consigliere). He lobbied to get a one-loss SEC team in and it happened. He doesn't need Luca Brasi to get the CFP's signature on anything.

So Michigan wins its conference championship game against a ranked opponent and goes 13-0 by playing great defense and running the ball and not asking much out of its quarterback.
Florida State wins its conference championship game against a ranked opponent and goes 13-0 by playing great defense and running the ball and not asking much out of its quarterback.

There was no way they were leaving the SEC out of this. The ACC took the kneecapping instead.
I mean you bring up another excellent point. Ohio State miracle drive against ND is the Big Ten’s marquee win. 2 ACC teams shellacked ND. Why is the undefeated Big Ten Champ #1?

Back