Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

I'm hoping nobody here will be watching any playoff games. My dream is that the stadium for the UM v Bama game is completely empty and exactly 0 people tune in.

1701710051534.png

If I were Norvell, I would use this as motivation. "They don't think you can even stay on the field with UGA". I hope the FSU players are motivated. I don't think UGA's QB, if FSU plays to potential, is going to have many comfortable passing pockets

FSU's defenders can then be high draft picks. Play with fire. Killed the mutts. "We are the best team. Michigan? GTFO."
Yeah, he needs to win this one before the ass whipping his team will be getting in Ireland.

How this thread started and how it ended is now confirmed HOF level.

Why? You don't gain anything there. FSU might win that game. Georgia had a tough time playing us. They're overrated and have been all year. They barely beat an abysmal Auburn team and really had nothing against Bama. But FSU does have a significant question mark, even with Rudemaker back. And if you win, what? Claim a mythical national title like UCF? That doesn't mean dick. And if you lose, welp. Honestly, gaming this out is easy, since FSU stands to gain nothing at all from winning.

Not playing? That's a masterpiece. That öööös over the people that ööööed you. ESPN will get demolished for that. Every member of that CFP committee is done. FSU becomes a folk hero. The SEC will look stupid. Georgia will look stupid (not that they don't on a daily basis).

If anything, you should support this decision because of how it will make UGA look like a bunch of a jackasses, just kind of doing nothing for 4 hours.

Not playing is a no-win situation for FSU (literally and figuratively).

If FSU chooses not to play, the orange bowl will just sub in another team, and it will still pull great ratings because of Georgia.

If FSU says they'll play then chooses not to at the last minute, they will öööö everyone over but that includes themselves.

They'll be sued into oblivion, likely banned from the postseason for multiple years, and make themselves a lot less attractive to the SEC or Big X, who won't really want someone who will öööö them over financially if they disagree with a decision.

Unfortunately FSU has zero good options here other than playing and trying to win, which of course won't actually change anything other than lining ESPN's pockets some more as they cover the resulting outrage.

Haynes King should be allowed to sell NIL consulting sessions which an FSU booster happens to buy. Booster then gives additional NIL money to Rodeheaver for the consulting.

King coaches up Rodeheaver on weakness he saw. UGAg tendencies. Which DL is the best and what strategy should be used. Which play actions worked and why. All that stuff.
Do King and Tech get some residual Orange Bowl royalties for this side hustle?

I love the idea, but I imagine FSU has to sign a separate contract with the Orange Bowl that guarantees the team appear.
wouldn't be as epic as leaving everyone hanging, but they could just not sign the contract. i guess bowl committee would just pick another team? would still be a FU but just much smaller scale.

Do King and Tech get some residual Orange Bowl royalties for this side hustle?
NIL, baybeeeee.....Haynes King is gonna dress up like the Orange Bowl mascot and be coaching up Rodeheaver on the sidelines. Announcers will say "Boy, that Rodeheaver sure does get engaged in discussions with the mascot while FSU is on defense"

Let’s pretend GT went undefeated this year and won the ACC. Why would they take us over Alabama? We would have the same good wins. This is why the decision is terrible. The injury gave them an excuse to do what they wanted to do the whole time. It makes the decision even worse in my mind.

Not playing is a no-win situation for FSU (literally and figuratively).

If FSU chooses not to play, the orange bowl will just sub in another team, and it will still pull great ratings because of Georgia.

If FSU says they'll play then chooses not to at the last minute, they will öööö everyone over but that includes themselves.

They'll be sued into oblivion, likely banned from the postseason for multiple years, and make themselves a lot less attractive to the SEC or Big X, who won't really want someone who will öööö them over financially if they disagree with a decision.

Unfortunately FSU has zero good options here other than playing and trying to win, which of course won't actually change anything other than lining ESPN's pockets some more as they cover the resulting outrage.

CFP/ESPN counting on uga to prove they made the right decision..

Let’s pretend GT went undefeated this year and won the ACC. Why would they take us over Alabama? We would have the same good wins. This is why the decision is terrible. The injury gave them an excuse to do what they wanted to do the whole time. It makes the decision even worse in my mind.
Hell now they wouldn't. FSU'S QB being injured was the excuse. If it was us, it would be our strength of schedule doesn't matter because Clemson doesn't have Trevor Lawrence anymore and UGAg wasn't properly inspired to win.

Why? You don't gain anything there. FSU might win that game. Georgia had a tough time playing us. They're overrated and have been all year. They barely beat an abysmal Auburn team and really had nothing against Bama. But FSU does have a significant question mark, even with Rudemaker back. And if you win, what? Claim a mythical national title like UCF? That doesn't mean dick. And if you lose, welp. Honestly, gaming this out is easy, since FSU stands to gain nothing at all from winning.
yeah FSU doesn't have much to gain with a win. big whoop, only thing most care about is playoff games. I'm already seeing UGA fans preparing the excuse of "half our team didn't play", which is what media will run with, so they're not going to get much credit for a win. no one outside acc will go after selection committee reasserting FSU should have made it in. with a loss, media will use to defend selection committee and "even a uga missing half team beat fsu" sec>acc narrative therefore putting bama in was right choice. so a very viable option is to just not play. that would really stir the pot, and no such thing as bad publicity.

same here. however the cherry on top are the people white knighting for FSU... oh Stingtalk.. what happened to you.. in the old days, uga and fsu both getting ööööed within 24 hours would have been hot stingtalk cider in front of the Christmas Tree..
The problem is we get skewered too... guilt by association

They would've put us in over Bama if King wasn't injured. It's all about the injury and how FSU played post-injury. We would've had a win against UGA, who Bama also beat, but no loss. It'd be very tough to explain that one away. Still, you're speaking about a hypothetical.

If we're going the hypothetical route ... if FSU had a more commanding win over L'ville, a team that lost to UK, who lost to Bama by 28 pts, then yeah, FSU would be in the CFP.

Coming back to reality, though, the Massey ratings are historically very accurate, and they don't have a programmed-in SEC bias (that I know of) and don't dock points for injuries. FSU is #7 on those, so they weren't even that close to the top 4:
1701712443570.png

If I were Norvell, I would use this as motivation. "They don't think you can even stay on the field with UGA". I hope the FSU players are motivated. I don't think UGA's QB, if FSU plays to potential, is going to have many comfortable passing pockets

FSU's defenders can then be high draft picks. Play with fire. Killed the mutts. "We are the best team. Michigan? GTFO."
Those kids already handed in their tape with the ACCCG. That lineman literally walking the guard back into Plummer is all you need to show. Those kids gain nothing by putting their ass on the line against a bunch of cheating-ass mutts who play to injure.

It's not like people _actually_ believe UCF is the NC in 2017. It's a fun joke at the CFP's expense.

Back