Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Bama was extremely lucky to beat a bad Auburn team 9 days ago; they beat a terrible Arkansas team by 3 a few weeks before.

In the past 9 days FSU went in the swamp to beat Florida by 2 scores with QB 2/3; then beat the #14 team by 10 with QB3 thanks to one of the most dominant defensive performances of the year,

This was all about guaranteeing that the SEC gets 1 team; nothing more and nothing less than that. If Bama had lost to Auburn; the committee 100% would have left UGA in at 4 even with a loss in the SECCG.

Hot take: If UGA had beaten Bama, Texas still would have gotten in ahead of FSU.

You don't know jack öööö about what the chairman's role is on the committee. Blowhard.
Yes. Historically for the NCAA basketball and football playoffs, the Chairman has some sway. As a minimum, the Chair can go out and say anything he wants which can hurt the process overall. But generally, folks defer to the Chairman, they have more pull than you think. They know the Chair is the point man and for anything close, they prefer the chair to be comfortable.

same here. however the cherry on top are the people white knighting for FSU... oh Stingtalk.. what happened to you.. in the old days, uga and fsu both getting ööööed within 24 hours would have been hot stingtalk cider in front of the Christmas Tree..
I hate Bama slightly more than I hate F$U.

The only appropriate response to all of this is for FSU to simply not play in the Orange Bowl. Not decline the invite, simply just not show up. Let ESPN show 4 hours of Dawg players holding their dicks in their hands. It would be the single greatest middle finger in history and the only fitting way to see this sport off as it sails over the edge.

The only appropriate response to all of this is for FSU to simply not play in the Orange Bowl. Not decline the invite, simply just not show up. Let ESPN show 4 hours of Dawg players holding their dicks in their hands. It would be the single greatest middle finger in history and the only fitting way to see this sport off as it sails over the edge.
MADD should give the FSU team an NIL deal when they beat UGA.

There's simply no way in hell that NC State ends up playing in the SEC. That's a third tier school.

Would love to see it. Have the team there, go through warm ups and then simply not come out for the game and get on the bus and head home. Of course they would need an Elon Musk to reimburse the fans of FSU who made the trip, but eh. Georgia team just standing around looking stupid. Then what would ABC do for the next three hours of telecast? Would be too funny.

I like the protest idea but FSU is not that smart. Remember they could've simply said that Jordan Travis would be back and avoided this all. They'll probably just get beat and then the Committee will say, "See, we got it right."

For symmetry: Reposting from War thread.

Where this is going - a mega-SEC:

FL: UF & FSU
SC: Clemson & USCe
NC: UNC & UNSt
VA: VT & UVA
TN: Vandy & UT
MS: Ole Miss & MSU
AL: Bama & Auburn
TX: UT & TAMU
OK: OU & OSU
KY: UK & UL
GA: UGAg
Why would anyone want UNC?

Want symmetry?

Clemson, FSU, GT

Would love to see it. Have the team there, go through warm ups and then simply not come out for the game and get on the bus and head home. Of course they would need an Elon Musk to reimburse the fans of FSU who made the trip, but eh. Georgia team just standing around looking stupid. Then what would ABC do for the next three hours of telecast? Would be too funny.
I am pretty sure every single FSU fan in attendance would be giddy. I doubt many bother going in the first place.

But 4 hours of Herbstreit jerking himself off in the booth would be peak. Maybe they could get Jesse Palmer to host a cookie baking competition or whatever bullshit he's actually qualified to do at this point, since he knows öööö all about football.

Yes. Historically for the NCAA basketball and football playoffs, the Chairman has some sway. As a minimum, the Chair can go out and say anything he wants which can hurt the process overall. But generally, folks defer to the Chairman, they have more pull than you think. They know the Chair is the point man and for anything close, they prefer the chair to be comfortable.
Exactly. You state forcefully what the fact are and let the ööööing other members know that you aren't playing your little theoretical game in your head and thinking "ohh, Alabama and Michigan. I wonder if we can dig him up and get Keith Jackson to call the game."
Old bastards

Not playing the Orange Bowl is a stupid, and even more costly, decision. You play it and curb stomp UGA
Why? You don't gain anything there. FSU might win that game. Georgia had a tough time playing us. They're overrated and have been all year. They barely beat an abysmal Auburn team and really had nothing against Bama. But FSU does have a significant question mark, even with Rudemaker back. And if you win, what? Claim a mythical national title like UCF? That doesn't mean dick. And if you lose, welp. Honestly, gaming this out is easy, since FSU stands to gain nothing at all from winning.

Not playing? That's a masterpiece. That öööös over the people that ööööed you. ESPN will get demolished for that. Every member of that CFP committee is done. FSU becomes a folk hero. The SEC will look stupid. Georgia will look stupid (not that they don't on a daily basis).

If anything, you should support this decision because of how it will make UGA look like a bunch of a jackasses, just kind of doing nothing for 4 hours.

Why? You don't gain anything there. FSU might win that game. Georgia had a tough time playing us. They're overrated and have been all year. They barely beat an abysmal Auburn team and really had nothing against Bama. But FSU does have a significant question mark, even with Rudemaker back. And if you win, what? Claim a mythical national title like UCF? That doesn't mean dick. And if you lose, welp. Honestly, gaming this out is easy, since FSU stands to gain nothing at all from winning.

Not playing? That's a masterpiece. That öööös over the people that ööööed you. ESPN will get demolished for that. Every member of that CFP committee is done. FSU becomes a folk hero. The SEC will look stupid. Georgia will look stupid (not that they don't on a daily basis).

If anything, you should support this decision because of how it will make UGA look like a bunch of a jackasses, just kind of doing nothing for 4 hours.
So cost the ACC more money and ???

What money? We ain't getting that playoff money. And it's not like FSU is gonna care. They gone after this jobbing. This is the final nail in that coffin.

And honestly, I'm cool with that. The ACC is öööö conference. Let it die.
Orange Bowl money. You realize we would be forfeiting Orange Bowl money, right?

I like the protest idea but FSU is not that smart. Remember they could've simply said that Jordan Travis would be back and avoided this all. They'll probably just get beat and then the Committee will say, "See, we got it right."
This is a good point. The incentive is now for high ranking programs to lie about any and all severe injuries the last few games of the season. Or go radio silent at the very least. Vegas won't be happy.

Back