TN: Vandy & UT
MS: Ole Miss & MSU
AL: Bama & Auburn
TX: UT & TAMU
OK: OU & OSU
KY: UK & UL
GA: UGAg
Yep. It’s ok the SunBelt will be fun.

I guess we should’ve kept the option so that we could just injure UGA player on the last week and eliminate them from the playoff in every possible way. Victory and injury just to cover our bases.

FSU was there for Boo Corrigan and NCST. The favor was returned with a back stab.

While Corrigan didn't release much in the way of anger toward the NCAA -- he is the College Football Playoff Committee Chair, after all -- one ACC coach didn't hold back. After one of the most grueling series ever earlier this season in Tallahassee that resulted in a narrow Florida State win, Mike Martin Jr. gave his thoughts on the situation.

"It's what happens when you don't have representation from your league on the committee," Martin Jr. said. "The ones that do have representation seem to get taken care of. I feel so bad for Elliott (Avent) and his tremendous ball club that he has. There's no way they shouldn't be in."

Boo oversaw the committee that screwed FSU, cost every member of the ACC at least a half million dollars, and downgraded every ACC team's bowl destination. And he was just peachy with and in total agreement with that outcome. Boo Corrigan also hired Todd Stansbury to be head of NCST football operations. What more reason do you need to declare him persona non grata? If you squint you can even see him covered in Clarke County Correctional gear. It's a real shame FSU doesn't play NCST in football next year. I think Mike Norvell would try to ring up triple digits on the Pack if he could.

BooCorrigan.jpeg

Why would anyone want NC State? Have they ever won anything outside of Jimmy V in '83? They are a more southern version of Maryland or Rutgers

For symmetry: Reposting from War thread.

Where this is going - a mega-SEC:

FL: UF & FSU
SC: Clemson & USCe
NC: UNC & UNSt
VA: VT & UVA
TN: Vandy & UT
MS: Ole Miss & MSU
AL: Bama & Auburn
TX: UT & TAMU
OK: OU & OSU
KY: UK & UL
GA: UGAg

I hope every ACC team remembers it when they play NC State.
Agreed, the wolfpack needs to feel smoking hole in the ground pain next year. Now that I found out that the CFP selection committee chairman is an ACC AD, it makes even less sense that he would choose BAMA over FSU. It's a MAD world!

Oh, hey, I failed to notice we had a dedicated thread piling on Boo. Lemme copypasta and join the party.

FSU was there for Boo Corrigan and NCST. The favor was returned with a back stab.

While Corrigan didn't release much in the way of anger toward the NCAA -- he is the College Football Playoff Committee Chair, after all -- one ACC coach didn't hold back. After one of the most grueling series ever earlier this season in Tallahassee that resulted in a narrow Florida State win, Mike Martin Jr. gave his thoughts on the situation.

"It's what happens when you don't have representation from your league on the committee," Martin Jr. said. "The ones that do have representation seem to get taken care of. I feel so bad for Elliott (Avent) and his tremendous ball club that he has. There's no way they shouldn't be in."

Boo oversaw the committee that screwed FSU, cost every member of the ACC at least a half million dollars, and downgraded every ACC team's bowl destination. And he was just peachy with and in total agreement with that outcome. Boo Corrigan also hired Todd Stansbury to be head of NCST football operations. What more reason do you need to declare him persona non grata? If you squint you can even see him covered in Clarke County Correctional gear. It's a real shame FSU doesn't play NCST in football next year. I think Mike Norvell would try to ring up triple digits on the Pack if he could.

BooCorrigan.jpeg

Not sure why people are upset and saying this is a conference thing when it’s clearly an injury thing. Their Heisman-candidate QB is injured, so they aren’t the same team that easily beat LSU. Be honest. If FSU was playing Bama, would you really pick the sans-Travis Noles in a straight-up bet? Bama would clobber them. FSU can’t score.

Sure, I see the argument that they went undefeated, had a great season, and have a top 4 resume. But they’d be a sitting duck in the CFP. Not to mention, Bama only lost one game. If they lost 2, then I’d be upset like a lot of you guys.
Not sure if this is sarcasm trolling or not, but will treat it straight for now.
People are upset cause they view getting into the playoff differently. For a lot of people, whether FSU would win the next game or any future games in the playoff is irrelevant to whether they should get there. They did all the öööö a team is suppose to do to get into the playoff, more than teams that were instead selected.
Look at it this way, how would you view the NFL for example if in the last week of the regular season Tom Brady at NE got hurt and they decided record didn't matter anymore so NE goes from getting a bye and home field advantage to being a wild card or out of the playoff entirely? That is effectively what just happened.

Oh, hey, I failed to notice we had a dedicated thread piling on Boo. Lemme copypasta and join the party.

BooCorrigan.jpeg
At this point, if FSU broke multiple feet off and up into NCST's ass, and beat the GT vs Cumberland record , I think I would be OK with it.

Not sure why people are upset and saying this is a conference thing when it’s clearly an injury thing. Their Heisman-candidate QB is injured, so they aren’t the same team that easily beat LSU. Be honest. If FSU was playing Bama, would you really pick the sans-Travis Noles in a straight-up bet? Bama would clobber them. FSU can’t score.

Sure, I see the argument that they went undefeated, had a great season, and have a top 4 resume. But they’d be a sitting duck in the CFP. Not to mention, Bama only lost one game. If they lost 2, then I’d be upset like a lot of you guys.

I think most of us just want the games that are played to matter. Under your system, we should just give every player on the contending teams a physical exam, add up the recruiting stars of the healthy players, and the highest-scoring teams make the playoff.

I think most of us just want the games that are played to matter. Under your system, we should just give every player on the contending teams a physical exam, add up the recruiting stars of the healthy players, and the highest-scoring teams make the playoff.
Also probably never select Oklahoma for the playoff, since they're 0-4 in it so far. I mean, they don't seem to be able to win in it so no point in sending them right? Michigan loses this next semi they'll be 0-3 in them so throw them in that hat too.

I might take that bet depending on the odds. We are talking the Bamma team that literally needed a miracle to beat Auburn, the same Auburn that was waxed the week before by New Mexico State. 6-6 Auburn? No, I don't think it's a given Alabama would clobber FSU, at all. Plus FSU #2 QB should be back for the bowl, which significantly changes the projection IMHO.

It's truly disgraceful that one of two undefeated P5 conference champs is not in. Especially the Champ of the conference that went 6-4 head to head against the vaunted SEC in 2023. It'll look even worse when FSU beats paper tiger uGa in the Orange. Results on the field should matter. But once again, the "committee" proved they're nothing more than unduly influenced and biased beauty pageant judges.

BS. You act like UF and UL are not quality opponents. More importantly, give the backup a month more of practice and may roll through the playoffs. They were playing a third string freshman QB with very little reps.
Your assumption never came into play before with top QB injuries from other schools.
This is about getting the SEC in. It is also likely about getting FSU to move. It’s also likely about NCS trying to move. And it’s about ESPN pushing their favorite conference.
It could have been about demonstrating how fair the group was… nope.

BS. You act like UF and UL are not quality opponents. More importantly, give the backup a month more of practice and may roll through the playoffs. They were playing a third string freshman QB with very little reps.
Your assumption never came into play before with top QB injuries from other schools.
This is about getting the SEC in. It is also likely about getting FSU to move. It’s also likely about NCS trying to move. And it’s about ESPN pushing their favorite conference.
It could have been about demonstrating how fair the group was… nope.

UF and UL were not quality opponents. UF is living off past glory in the heads of the media and casual fan. STers have been saying for weeks now how Tech should have beaten UL.

BTW, you are way butthurt over all this. Maybe take a break for a day or two.

BooCorrigan.jpeg
Everyone in the ACC should make sure that NCST is always screwed. Left out when possible, lower seeds, bad bowls, etc.

UF and UL were not quality opponents. UF is living off past glory in the heads of the media and casual fan. STers have been saying for weeks now how Tech should have beaten UL.

A lot of tech fans are upset because if they'd do this to someone like FSU this way, then GT will get screwed over even worse for the foreseeable future. After this, even with a 12 team playoff I figure our only way in is with automatic bid. We could go undefeated in the regular season, blow the pants of UGA and lose to an undefeated opponent in the ACC title game by one point at the last second and I have 0 confidence we get in over a 2 or 3 loss SEC team.
And it's not just board people who see an implied connection here as linked in another thread:

Huh? Florida is in the middle of the vaunted SEC. So was Auburn who outplayed Bama. UL is a bowl team, roughly equal to Ok state that Texas beat to get in.
You should be more upset, records matter.

Bama was extremely lucky to beat a bad Auburn team 9 days ago; they beat a terrible Arkansas team by 3 a few weeks before.

In the past 9 days FSU went in the swamp to beat Florida by 2 scores with QB 2/3; then beat the #14 team by 10 with QB3 thanks to one of the most dominant defensive performances of the year,

This was all about guaranteeing that the SEC gets 1 team; nothing more and nothing less than that. If Bama had lost to Auburn; the committee 100% would have left UGA in at 4 even with a loss in the SECCG.

If Travis didn’t get hurt, FSU would be 3. But the committee 100% would have kept the SEC team in over Texas at 4 because they felt they needed an SEC team in validate the CFP.

Huh? Florida is in the middle of the vaunted SEC. So was Auburn who outplayed Bama. UL is a bowl team, roughly equal to Ok state that Texas beat to get in.
You should be more upset, records matter.

5-7 non-bowl eligible UF?

The OSU team that got beat 45-3 by Tech's 6-6 bowl opponent UCF?

Take some time off to re-calibrate.

Back