Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Michigan opened up as a slight favorite, basically evenly matched:

Texas favored against Washington
uga 2 TD favorite against FSU

Imagine the shock after the Michigan game.. I have heard this my whole life.. Big10 team is world beater. Goes to bowl game, gets ravaged. I will play the odds it happens again. The other two games are as I see them also except Washington loses by two touchdoiwns

It already is, 7 of the 12 slots in the ny6 Bowls are for SEC/BIG schools, and it jumps to 10/12 if you count Texas, Oregon, and Washington. 3 of the games are SEC vs BIG and only Liberty and FSU aren't affiliated with those two conferences

Nobody wants Liberty on a neutral field!!!

Meanwhile, Iowa lets everyone else do the work, and then shows up to collect their 8 Mil paycheck. This sums up the Big10 perfectly.

What is the chairman’s role?
I don't know and neither do you, but I would assume it is more than a figurehead position. If he wasn't sparking an intense debate over the vote and demanding a revisit of the count then he is nothing more than a useless turd.

If I were the president of NC State, I would have him in my office first thing this morning. If I didn't get a satisfactory answer for what happened and why, I would let him know he may want to start thinking about a career change because he is about to be assigned a micromanager.

I am not arguing for FSU because I am a fan of theirs. I am arguing for the conference we belong to being treated fairly. This was so easy - the three unbeaten conference champs plus the best one loss champion. But, the SEC and ABC/ESPN/Disney/SEC crowd said no.

The NCAA is a powerless organization that just grafts money from college sports. All power has been given to the SEC and Big 10. Today the SEC established that they have an automatic bid to the playoffs, that their perceived status trumps on field performance, and that schools like FSU better beg to get into the SEC or else risk undefeated seasons being left out.

If they would just tell us their end game we could get on with the new iteration of college football. But, they want to do everything on their own timetable. What amazes me is that college Presidents let this happen.
there is no honor among thieves

Is he hurt?
No but that's my point. That was an outlier for Bama to have 2 generational QBs on the roster at the same time, both ready for the big stage. That's not typically the case. You used that example as if it's the norm for Bama.

It is always crazy to me how Bama is spotted a loss or two because they pass the eye test. I thought football was all about the test on the football field. I didn't realize it is just a middle school beauty pageant.

Well we can’t count on Ohio State to be on our side. My douchebag Ohio State fan family agreed with the decision so I stopped talking college ball with them. It truly is getting closer to war.

I don't know and neither do you, but I would assume it is more than a figurehead position. If he wasn't sparking an intense debate over the vote and demanding a revisit of the count then he is nothing more than a useless turd.

If I were the president of NC State, I would have him in my office first thing this morning. If I didn't get a satisfactory answer for what happened and why, I would let him know he may want to start thinking about a career change because he is about to be assigned a micromanager.
I’m not sure either description is a safe assumption. But I’m also not sure this wasn’t part of the president and AD’s master plan to join the SEC. So they may be high fiving (or more) in the president’s office.

Not sure why people are upset and saying this is a conference thing when it’s clearly an injury thing. Their Heisman-candidate QB is injured, so they aren’t the same team that easily beat LSU. Be honest. If FSU was playing Bama, would you really pick the sans-Travis Noles in a straight-up bet? Bama would clobber them. FSU can’t score.

Sure, I see the argument that they went undefeated, had a great season, and have a top 4 resume. But they’d be a sitting duck in the CFP. Not to mention, Bama only lost one game. If they lost 2, then I’d be upset like a lot of you guys.

They might have won but that's not the criteria. The criteria is the opinion of the committee that you'll win the next game.
But...you have to play it to win it or lose it. So, fsu can't hang with Bama, but they deserve to play the team in the OB that the committee has had a love fest with all season. Yeah got it, makes sense huh.......NOT!

But...you have to play it to win it or lose it. So, fsu can't hang with Bama, but they deserve to play the team in the OB that the committee has had a love fest with all season. Yeah got it, makes sense huh.......NOT!
My mind grapes say FSU would beat Bama head to head and struggle more with UGAg.

I’m not sure either description is a safe assumption. But I’m also not sure this wasn’t part of the president and AD’s master plan to join the SEC. So they may be high fiving (or more) in the president’s office.
Why would anyone want NC State? Have they ever won anything outside of Jimmy V in '83? They are a more southern version of Maryland or Rutgers

Not sure why people are upset and saying this is a conference thing when it’s clearly an injury thing. Their Heisman-candidate QB is injured, so they aren’t the same team that easily beat LSU. Be honest. If FSU was playing Bama, would you really pick the sans-Travis Noles in a straight-up bet? Bama would clobber them. FSU can’t score.

Sure, I see the argument that they went undefeated, had a great season, and have a top 4 resume. But they’d be a sitting duck in the CFP. Not to mention, Bama only lost one game. If they lost 2, then I’d be upset like a lot of you guys.
Hey dumbass, the QB who played in the conference championship isn’t the one who would play in the playoff. That QB scored 55 and 30

Back