Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

FSU getting shafted after trying to shaft ACC is a good bit of karma when you think about it.

fsu.gif

Last edited:
I am not arguing for FSU because I am a fan of theirs. I am arguing for the conference we belong to being treated fairly. This was so easy - the three unbeaten conference champs plus the best one loss champion. But, the SEC and ABC/ESPN/Disney/SEC crowd said no.

The NCAA is a powerless organization that just grafts money from college sports. All power has been given to the SEC and Big 10. Today the SEC established that they have an automatic bid to the playoffs, that their perceived status trumps on field performance, and that schools like FSU better beg to get into the SEC or else risk undefeated seasons being left out.

If they would just tell us their end game we could get on with the new iteration of college football. But, they want to do everything on their own timetable. What amazes me is that college Presidents let this happen.

and they would have gotten the same result as Michigan will get..

Michigan opened up as a slight favorite, basically evenly matched:

Texas favored against Washington
uga 2 TD favorite against FSU

Michigan opened up as a slight favorite, basically evenly matched:

Texas favored against Washington
uga 2 TD favorite against FSU
I'm surprised they are putting odds out without knowing who's going to play in the Orange Bowl. Could be lots of hold outs.

The 12 team playoff really saves the committee here. This debate will become marginal/moot starting next year (nobody cares that much about the 13th/14th ranked teams getting snubbed), so they could afford to get it wrong one year to increase ratings for the playoff this year.

The ACC should focus on elimination of the CFP committee. Real sports don't need judges to seed or hold a playoff.

After that the ACC should focus on practicing speed boxing with Boo Corrigan and John Swofford's faces.

The past few years have been hard for me to continue being a fan of college football due to transfer rules, NIL, and now this biased bullshit is just icing on the cake. I'm still a Tech fan but could care less about the rest of college football. I will not be watching any playoff games this year.

I guess what a team does on the field doesn't really matter if they aren't as pretty as the national darlings. So I never expect GT to be in the playoff, so what is the point?

iiwii
College football officially added to the growing list of great American things ruined by money and power and committees etc. Almost like the last 50 years has been a controlled demolition of 'murca, which has been really accelerating of late. Biggest of cries. Oh well.

Yep, agreed. It will still be a SEC/Big10 invitational for the most part, even more so after today's selection of Bama over FSU. Essentially the ACC champ is likely the only guaranteed playoff team from our end.
It already is, 7 of the 12 slots in the ny6 Bowls are for SEC/BIG schools, and it jumps to 10/12 if you count Texas, Oregon, and Washington. 3 of the games are SEC vs BIG and only Liberty and FSU aren't affiliated with those two conferences

Good lord for someone who claims to be smart, you sure are stupid. The chairman should own the floor and have some sway over the committee actions.
The chairman in this situation is going to run meetings and that’s about it. This isn’t a situation like an executive chairman where that person controls information, as well. It’s ESPN’s information bureau that controls information and metrics, which gives the authority in this situation.

"independent". LOL

“Independent” has a specific meeting in a board setting. These individuals are, by definition, independent.

I am not arguing for FSU because I am a fan of theirs. I am arguing for the conference we belong to being treated fairly. This was so easy - the three unbeaten conference champs plus the best one loss champion. But, the SEC and ABC/ESPN/Disney/SEC crowd said no.

The NCAA is a powerless organization that just grafts money from college sports. All power has been given to the SEC and Big 10. Today the SEC established that they have an automatic bid to the playoffs, that their perceived status trumps on field performance, and that schools like FSU better beg to get into the SEC or else risk undefeated seasons being left out.

If they would just tell us their end game we could get on with the new iteration of college football. But, they want to do everything on their own timetable. What amazes me is that college Presidents let this happen.
Why does this surprise you?

The SEC has been getting special treatment and has been getting away with things that very few, if any colleges in other conferences would get away with for years and years. The SEC is a piranha that is not afraid to destroy college football and raid and destroy other conferences for their own benefit. The SEC does not care about college football. The SEC only cares about the SEC in the NCAA are a bunch of powerless wimps.

Meanwhile the ACC is widely disrespected and disliked by most CFB fans and reporters—-including its OWN MEMBERS —-many of whom believe that the ACC is run by and caters to the Carolina boys.

There was a push and a small window of opportunity when we won the ACC in 2009 for us to go to The B1G. And we should have after the bullshit T-shirt incident that made us vacate that conference championship.

I don’t think that would have ever happened if we had been in The B1G. And that would have never happened to North Carolina, Duke, WF, or NC State .That was ACC politics.

But people were too scared to make the move.

I’ll guarantee you FSU is it going to be a chickenshit. They’re going to meet in the coming weeks and say “bye-bye” to the ööööty ACC.

And good for them.

The chairman in this situation is going to run meetings and that’s about it. This isn’t a situation like an executive chairman where that person controls information, as well. It’s ESPN’s information bureau that controls information and metrics, which gives the authority in this situation.

“Independent” has a specific meeting in a board setting. These individuals are, by definition, independent.
You don't know jack öööö about what the chairman's role is on the committee. Blowhard.

Back