Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

They got what they deserve for this, no allegiance to the ACC and looking down their noses at the rest of the conference (cept Clemson)
They have rightfully complained that the morons running the ACC (swofford) handcuffed us all together, used that to negotiate a terrible tv contract, and then hooked that tv contract around our feet like a cement block. FSU, Clemson, us, everyone is going to drown because of Swofford’s deal with espn.

Karma is on its way...Disney keeps hemorrhaging money and ESPN will find its self out in the cold without a way to pay its contracts...then things get interesting.

I was thinking that same thing. This was indicative from all of the layoffs at ESPN and the streaming services for sports aren’t panning out. If ESPN/Disney can’t keep up with their SEC or ACC obligations, it blows up. I also think it’s ridiculous watching a Google commercial 10 times with the Sanders brothers who have proven they’re not that good on a bad Colorado team just because of ‘who’ their dad is so they can get paid their ridiculous NIL $. Similar to the playoff committee putting Bama in. Because of ‘who’ they are and SEC. Why play for conference championships if the teams are going to be picked because of what they look like on paper? Total bastardization of CFB.

The 12 team playoff really saves the committee here. This debate will become marginal/moot starting next year (nobody cares that much about the 13th/14th ranked teams getting snubbed), so they could afford to get it wrong one year to increase ratings for the playoff this year.

I'm amazed that it is 13 old ööööers who decide tens of millions in payouts.

if the ACC commissioner had any stones, he’d be in front of every microphone he could find ööööting on the CFP committee and the illegitimacy of the playoff. That and start up a turn off the CFP movement to hit the advertisers and espn.
He should start by suspending and penalizing NC State’s AD who lead this farce of a committee.

NC State should be get the shaft for the next 50 years.

Someone needs to find his home address and telephone number and put it on Twitter for the fsu folks.
Screenshot_20231203-204348_Chrome.jpg

For clarification, this dude voted for Bama in the CFP? Or just for inviting Cal, SMU, and Stanford?

Back