Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Honestly I’m floored at the decision. I thought there would be a controversy between Bama and Texas and who got in but not FSU. Not only did they get left out but they dropped them 2 spots for a ‘win’. CFB has been bastardized by TV revenue, NIL and conferences like the SEC. After our ‘Co-national championship’ with Colorado I thought I’d never see the scenario again where am undefeated team gets slighted like that. I was wrong. Every one of those crusty committee members should be ashamed and kicked off. I hope FSU beats UGAY and Bama and Texas lose. Tall order but I hope karma comes for them.

All of the teams in the playoff will be Big 10 or SEC next year. This is the evolution of what will eventually become the factory conference.

Honestly I’m floored at the decision. I thought there would be a controversy between Bama and Texas and who got in but not FSU. Not only did they get left out but they dropped them 2 spots for a ‘win’. CFB has been bastardized by TV revenue, NIL and conferences like the SEC. After our ‘Co-national championship’ with Colorado I thought I’d never see the scenario again where am undefeated team gets slighted like that. I was wrong. Every one of those crusty committee members should be ashamed and kicked off. I hope FSU beats UGAY and Bama and Texas lose. Tall order but I hope karma comes for them.
Karma is on its way...Disney keeps hemorrhaging money and ESPN will find its self out in the cold without a way to pay its contracts...then things get interesting.

Our Commissioner and Presidents should be raising hell over FSU being left out. But, they won’t. They will not challenge the cartels because they hope to be asked to join. ACC and Big 12 ought to leave the NCAA and hand pick from remaining schools to build a 48 to 64 team group. Take your product to Fox or NBC and quit being bullied by the SEC and Big 10.

IMG_0090.jpeg

AND ONE MORE THING!

Why is the Big Ten undefeated champ in over the undefeated ACC champ?

Ohio States big OOC win was ND who lost to both Clemson and Louisville. Pretty handily. Not the same way they lost to Ohio State.

Not sure the logic here. What does the B1G runner-up have to do with it?

Let's look at the ACC runner-up. Louisville's "marquee" OOC win was over Indiana by 7 (who OSU beat by 20) and they got beat at home by Kentucky.

And this board has been convinced for the past few weeks that Tech should have been Louisville and would handle them easily now.

Our Commissioner and Presidents should be raising hell over FSU being left out. But, they won’t. They will not challenge the cartels because they hope to be asked to join. ACC and Big 12 ought to leave the NCAA and hand pick from remaining schools to build a 48 to 64 team group. Take your product to Fox or NBC and quit being bullied by the SEC and Big 10.
Take a look at the CFB committee. Only 1 with any sec ties (UK AD). 2 with ACC ties (Corrigan NCSU AD, Grobe former Wake HC).

Not sure the logic here. What does the B1G runner-up have to do with it?

Let's look at the ACC runner-up. Louisville's "marquee" OOC win was over Indiana by 7 (who OSU beat by 20) and they got beat at home by Kentucky.

And this board has been convinced for the past few weeks that Tech should have been Louisville and would handle them easily now.
Because it’s the only marquee win the big ten has.

I support FSU leaving. I support this entire sport getting blown up because it's become a huge joke. Let the kids that want a bag of money go play in an NFL minor leagues, where they can get dental insurance and pay taxes and not continue to pretend that making it through three years of UGA basket-weaving courses is being a student.

I support FSU leaving. I support this entire sport getting blown up because it's become a huge joke. Let the kids that want a bag of money go play in an NFL minor leagues, where they can get dental insurance and pay taxes and not continue to pretend that making it through three years of UGA basket-weaving courses is being a student.
Assuming they actually make it through that *cough* Bennett *cough*

I have it on good authority that FSU and ACC league office in talks about filing suit.

There is a conference room in the ESPN HQ where right now their execs are having a party, reading all the butthurt threads and having a huge laugh. All the way to bank. There will be record viewership in the CFP this year. Thousands of FSU & UGAg fans tuning so they can point at the TV and say, "We would have beaten those guys."
Wrong I and others refuse to watch

Meh. Nothing of consequence will happen. Yeah, FSU AD and ACC Commissioner will issue their harrumph statements, touting their displeasure with the decision. Next year, playoffs expand and this year will be a footnote and a discussion point, at best. Noles probably lose to mutts in OB and talking heads will claim they were correct all along.

In the meantime, all the bluster is just that ... hot air that will be soon forgotten.

No consequences whatsoever.
It's interesting that if CFP used Vegas favorite as its selector, it would probably be 1 UGA 2 Michigan 3 Texas and 4 Bama. I don't think Washington would be in top 4.

Yes. I am, if the team getting screwed is FSU. They did this to their own stupid selves. You can't spend the preseason telling the world your own conference is no good, and then claim the same conference is great, when the season ends and you need people to believe it for your own benefit.
Attitudes like this is what destroys conferences. They earned it, man up.

Back