Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

FSU would have been the TCU pick. The difference is TCU couldn't hang with all their first string. They would get crushed by any of the other teams with the QB they had. It is what it is.

The past few years have been hard for me to continue being a fan of college football due to transfer rules, NIL, and now this biased bullshit is just icing on the cake. I'm still a Tech fan but could care less about the rest of college football. I will not be watching any playoff games this year.

I guess what a team does on the field doesn't really matter if they aren't as pretty as the national darlings. So I never expect GT to be in the playoff, so what is the point?

iiwii

if the ACC commissioner had any stones, he’d be in front of every microphone he could find ööööting on the CFP committee and the illegitimacy of the playoff. That and start up a turn off the CFP movement to hit the advertisers and espn.

if the ACC commissioner had any stones, he’d be in front of every microphone he could find ööööting on the CFP committee and the illegitimacy of the playoff. That and start up a turn off the CFP movement to hit the advertisers and espn.

The past few years have been hard for me to continue being a fan of college football due to transfer rules, NIL, and now this biased bullshit is just icing on the cake. I'm still a Tech fan but could care less about the rest of college football. I will not be watching any playoff games this year.

I guess what a team does on the field doesn't really matter if they aren't as pretty as the national darlings. So I never expect GT to be in the playoff, so what is the point?

iiwii
[/QUOT
I am with you. My investment in Tech is up 500 percent, but not happy about some college sports issues.

AP at least got it right.

Screenshot_20231203-195209~2.png

Before the season, FSU officials made it clear they were too good for the ACC and it's teams. So, I'm glad they got left out. Their policy of insulting the ACC in public did not deserve to be rewarded. I have no sympathy for FSU. The Seminoles and Georgia got left out, and that's a good day in my book. After Bowden's last year, FSU got a bowl bid they didn't deserve. Since they thought that was fine, they shouldn't complain about this.
They got what they deserve for this, no allegiance to the ACC and looking down their noses at the rest of the conference (cept Clemson)

Honestly I’m floored at the decision. I thought there would be a controversy between Bama and Texas and who got in but not FSU. Not only did they get left out but they dropped them 2 spots for a ‘win’. CFB has been bastardized by TV revenue, NIL and conferences like the SEC. After our ‘Co-national championship’ with Colorado I thought I’d never see the scenario again where am undefeated team gets slighted like that. I was wrong. Every one of those crusty committee members should be ashamed and kicked off. I hope FSU beats UGAY and Bama and Texas lose. Tall order but I hope karma comes for them.

If fsu wins their bowl game they should claim a natty like UCF. Eventually the cfb will cave.

Back