Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

But you are good with the league losing money from lost bowl revenue?

Yes. I am, if the team getting screwed is FSU. They did this to their own stupid selves. You can't spend the preseason telling the world your own conference is no good, and then claim the same conference is great, when the season ends and you need people to believe it for your own benefit.

I hope FSU is watching whose lobbying for them to be in the Playoffs and whose lobbying for them to be left out. The ACC has your back while the SEC is giving you the finger.
What you're describing are human emotions and behavior, and this sort of thing will have no impact on whether or not FSU leaves the ACC. Similarly, those of you who are expecting the ACC to reward Tech somehow for surrendering our permanent conference games are also in for some serious disappointment.

FSU can shut the öööö up. Nobody’s taking them, not even the playoff committee.

There was now way the committee was omitting Michigan, but I think they are going to get their crap pushed in by Bama. I would rather see FSU than them. BIG10 hasn’t done squat in the playoffs.

Anyone who watched the ACC championship game yesterday should have realized that this was already going to happen. Jesse Palmer wouldn't even shut up about how there was some "controversy" about whether FSU should make it for the entire game. This was probably going to happen no matter who won the SEC game. Once Washington and Texas won, FSU was going to get the shaft. If Michigan had somehow lost, OSU would have subbed in as the B1G representative over FSU.

I'm of the opinion that rematches in the playoffs or championship game are lame and boring, so seeing Alabama and Texas play again does nothing for me. That said, everyone knows that networks love a story line, and a redemption/grudge match is an easy thing to sell in their nauseatingly frequent and repetitive commercials.

I do think that there should be calls for an inquiry into the selection process if for no reason other than the conference payouts involved. A quick search shows that since 2014-15, the conference breakdown of the 36 total teams selected is:
ACC - 7 appearances
Notre Dame - 2 appearances
SEC - 11 appearances
B1G - 8 appearances
Big12 - 5 appearances
PAC12 - 2 appearances
GO5 - 1 appearance

With that much money hanging in the balance for schools and their conferences, it makes sense to try to eliminate bias in the selection process. If there isn't any effort to reduce bias, the ACC commissioner should absolutely sue the CFP for the lost conference revenue due to this screw job in the selection process.

Look pretty even: 9 ACC, 11 SEC, 8 B1G. Not the CFP committee's fault that the ACC won't force ND to join or GTFO.

Listening to them interview Finebaum on the selection show is about to make me vomit. öööö ESPN.

They don't claim to be looking at results.

They claim that they are picking the four best teams right now. Period. Full stop.

IMO, the best teams right now, in order, are . . . UMich, Bama, the team that shall not be named, Washington, THE Ohio State University (remember them?), Tejas, Oregon, and F$U. Everyone else is way behing those eight. An eight team playoff would be PERFECT this season. Zero controversy. But that would be way too easy for The ööööers In Charge of College Football.

Have you not watched uga play the last three games? Oregon is considerably better right now. So is tOSU. Clemson is playing at a much higher level as evidenced by their common opponent three games apart.

Oregon and tOSU are better right now than Alabama.

Yes. I am, if the team getting screwed is FSU. They did this to their own stupid selves. You can't spend the preseason telling the world your own conference is no good, and then claim the same conference is great, when the season ends and you need people to believe it for your own benefit.
They never once said the conference was no good. They stated that the money gap between leagues was lopsided. This kind of thinking is helping to keep the ACC a little regional minor league conference. And that doesn’t help Tech

Because this is also a middle finger to Tech. If espn has its way uga won’t even play us. What good will your hate be then
Birmingham Bowl cause FSU is left out
1701637770485.gif

I don’t think FSU is going to lose to UGA. UGA isn’t that good.
This. I was sure there was no way Georgia would get left out of the CFP, but I was hoping that somehow FSU would make it and they'd draw one another. I think Florida State could take them, third string QB and all. All the top 5 teams could have (or already did) beat Georgia.

FSU was screwed no doubt, but I have developed a soft spot for Bama. Saban has personally cost uga three national championships in the last few years, and he deserves some kind of reward for that. On top of that, Bama is the reason Bobby Ross came to GT and delivered our most recent MNC. I still haven't forgotten what they did to Chick Graning (I was a young boy then), but unwittingly they have made some amends.

When we tried to get back in the SEC, Alabama sponsored us and voted for us. Georgia voted against us. There are a lot of reasons for me to prefer Alabama to Georgia.

I guess I'm more understanding of ACC teams telling the ACC head office to öööö off since they are a pretty contemptible target in and of themselves. Kind of as someone else sort of said in another thread, only like half the ACC wants to the still be in the ACC at this point.
Maybe the ACC office was shatting the bed when GT beat Puke on the hardwood earlier in the day so their focus was clouded.

Back