Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Far greater implications against the ACC and Tech than some of our fans obsessing over all things UGA seem to understand. This was a clear message to us and the ACC that we could win out and get left out. Even with 12 teams, which helps, it's easier for more SEC teams to get in as well as Big10 teams with their additions. This impacts $$$/revenue when it gets down to the knitty gritty.

Look past obsessing over Ugag and what this means for us as a program should we see great success.

You can book Bama, UT, OU & UGA every year out the SEC, Michigan & OSU out of B1G. Add the B12 & ACC champions and 1 G5 selection and there will be only be three wildcards available.

You can book Bama, UT, OU & UGA every year out the SEC, Michigan & OSU out of B1G. Add the B12 & ACC champions and 1 G5 selection and there will be only be three wildcards available.

Yep, agreed. It will still be a SEC/Big10 invitational for the most part, even more so after today's selection of Bama over FSU. Essentially the ACC champ is likely the only guaranteed playoff team from our end.

I think you guys are in denial. None of this öööö as-is will matter for much longer. Not just because of CFP expansion, but because the ACC will not exist as it does now in 2-3 years. The CFP expansion makes it much easier for us to get into the playoff, the shifting conference landscape will make it impossible before the end of this decade.

edit: :lol:

Meh. Nothing of consequence will happen. Yeah, FSU AD and ACC Commissioner will issue their harrumph statements, touting their displeasure with the decision. Next year, playoffs expand and this year will be a footnote and a discussion point, at best. Noles probably lose to mutts in OB and talking heads will claim they were correct all along.

In the meantime, all the bluster is just that ... hot air that will be soon forgotten.

No consequences whatsoever.
OGC.f2059fc20daa1e387985b918e1e69a43

all this did, was when it goes to 12 teams, is to continue to allow the committee to tell you why 2-3 Big 10 or SEC teams at 8-4 and 9-3 deserve to go to the 12 team playoff over a 10-2 or 10-3 (after losing the acc title) ACC or BIg 12 or whatever other team is out there. It continues to set up the committee to speculate and who gives a öööö what record or really happened on the field. Including head to head the ACC being better than the SEC this year

meanwhile. Texas beat bama.....yet both made it

FSU threatened to leave and blackmailed the ACC for more money. I agree this is unfair but öööö them. They’re entitled pieces of öööö. I’d rather give their spot to the team who’s been bailing us out of having to watch uga in the playoffs for most of the last decade.

Before the season, FSU officials made it clear they were too good for the ACC and it's teams. So, I'm glad they got left out. Their policy of insulting the ACC in public did not deserve to be rewarded. I have no sympathy for FSU. The Seminoles and Georgia got left out, and that's a good day in my book. After Bowden's last year, FSU got a bowl bid they didn't deserve. Since they thought that was fine, they shouldn't complain about this.
This is more an insult of the ACC imo.

FSU threatened to leave and blackmailed the ACC for more money. I agree this is unfair but öööö them. They’re entitled pieces of öööö. I’d rather give their spot to the team who’s been bailing us out of having to watch uga in the playoffs for most of the last decade.
True.

Before the season, FSU officials made it clear they were too good for the ACC and it's teams. So, I'm glad they got left out. Their policy of insulting the ACC in public did not deserve to be rewarded. I have no sympathy for FSU. The Seminoles and Georgia got left out, and that's a good day in my book. After Bowden's last year, FSU got a bowl bid they didn't deserve. Since they thought that was fine, they shouldn't complain about this.
But you are good with the league losing money from lost bowl revenue?

I guess I'm more understanding of ACC teams telling the ACC head office to öööö off since they are a pretty contemptible target in and of themselves. Kind of as someone else sort of said in another thread, only like half the ACC wants to the still be in the ACC at this point.

all this did, was when it goes to 12 teams, is to continue to allow the committee to tell you why 2-3 Big 10 or SEC teams at 8-4 and 9-3 deserve to go to the 12 team playoff over a 10-2 or 10-3 (after losing the acc title) ACC or BIg 12 or whatever other team is out there. It continues to set up the committee to speculate and who gives a öööö what record or really happened on the field. Including head to head the ACC being better than the SEC this year

meanwhile. Texas beat bama.....yet both made it

Anyone who watched the ACC championship game yesterday should have realized that this was already going to happen. Jesse Palmer wouldn't even shut up about how there was some "controversy" about whether FSU should make it for the entire game. This was probably going to happen no matter who won the SEC game. Once Washington and Texas won, FSU was going to get the shaft. If Michigan had somehow lost, OSU would have subbed in as the B1G representative over FSU.

I'm of the opinion that rematches in the playoffs or championship game are lame and boring, so seeing Alabama and Texas play again does nothing for me. That said, everyone knows that networks love a story line, and a redemption/grudge match is an easy thing to sell in their nauseatingly frequent and repetitive commercials.

I do think that there should be calls for an inquiry into the selection process if for no reason other than the conference payouts involved. A quick search shows that since 2014-15, the conference breakdown of the 36 total teams selected is:
ACC - 7 appearances
Notre Dame - 2 appearances
SEC - 11 appearances
B1G - 8 appearances
Big12 - 5 appearances
PAC12 - 2 appearances
GO5 - 1 appearance

With that much money hanging in the balance for schools and their conferences, it makes sense to try to eliminate bias in the selection process. If there isn't any effort to reduce bias, the ACC commissioner should absolutely sue the CFP for the lost conference revenue due to this screw job in the selection process.

FSU was screwed no doubt, but I have developed a soft spot for Bama. Saban has personally cost uga three national championships in the last few years, and he deserves some kind of reward for that. On top of that, Bama is the reason Bobby Ross came to GT and delivered our most recent MNC. I still haven't forgotten what they did to Chick Graning (I was a young boy then), but unwittingly they have made some amends.

Back