Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Isn't that what the GoR is? It gives all member schools' broadcast rights to ESPN. If we want, we can dissolve that and negotiate a new deal with ESPN, CBS, or any other network.
I thought the rights were granted to the conference. I haven’t read the agreement though. I think the GOR to the conference was a condition espn placed for us to get a conference network. But they should have negotiated a shorter term contract with espn. Sec did it. B1G did it with Fox. Both got to renegotiate their deals for a ton more money years earlier than us.

I thought the rights were granted to the conference. I haven’t read the agreement though. I think the GOR to the conference was a condition espn placed for us to get a conference network. But they should have negotiated a shorter term contract with espn. Sec did it. B1G did it with Fox. Both got to renegotiate their deals for a ton more money years earlier than us.

I just looked it up, you are right: the GoR is to the conference, not ESPN. I understand why people are upset about the length specifically with regard to ESPN now.

If this happens , all sports fans should object. Every team, every week has someone injured and/or out. To not take FSU means the committee is playing God instead of looking at the results.
There would be no better confirmation that they are not doing that by not picking Bama or UGA this year. It’s the right decision.
They don't claim to be looking at results.

They claim that they are picking the four best teams right now. Period. Full stop.

IMO, the best teams right now, in order, are . . . UMich, Bama, the team that shall not be named, Washington, THE Ohio State University (remember them?), Tejas, Oregon, and F$U. Everyone else is way behing those eight. An eight team playoff would be PERFECT this season. Zero controversy. But that would be way too easy for The ööööers In Charge of College Football.

I just looked it up, you are right: the GoR is to the conference, not ESPN. I understand why people are upset about the length specifically with regard to ESPN now.
Yeah. The GOR is fine by itself. It makes sense. What doesn’t make sense is that Swofford negotiated a horrible contract with espn based upon the term of that contract. It locked us all in when everyone else has gotten to renegotiate for multiples of what we get.

The only way it makes sense is when you realize that Swofford got a sweetheart deal in the process for his son/ Raycom sports.

Newsflash, our little girl, Swofford, who hated GT and we returned the favor, was the slow kid in the room when the contract was getting negotiated. He was a moron. An idiot. He had to be threatened to even move one inch away from being a basketball conference tolerating football because he didn't want his precious round robin basketball games between UNC, Duke, Wake, UVA, and NC State to be threatened.
If it weren't for GT, FSU, and Clemson, the ACC - as a football conference - would already be dead. We are the reason for football expansion. He showed his lack of enthusiasm for football by failing to negotiate a contract with ESPN anticipating greater payouts going forward. It would be about like negotiating your salary for 35 years in 1985 for $45k a year and thinking you're a hell of a negotiator

They don't claim to be looking at results.

They claim that they are picking the four best teams right now. Period. Full stop.

IMO, the best teams right now, in order, are . . . UMich, Bama, the team that shall not be named, Washington, THE Ohio State University (remember them?), Tejas, Oregon, and F$U. Everyone else is way behing those eight. An eight team playoff would be PERFECT this season. Zero controversy. But that would be way too easy for The ööööers In Charge of College Football.

PIcking the best teams based on injury status is total BS. If FSU had a loss like Bama and UGA, then fine, but they don't. The SEC's record, the only thing you can honestly use to measure, was down this year. The ACC was 6-4 against them.

The committee chose based on emotions and guessing, which is total and complete BS. It's the record that matters to determine the best team. Otherwise bias comes into play and the SEC bias won again, when it should have been held out.

Now it's all about how you played the last game. Great, drop UGA or put it first and play Syracuse the last week every year. If you don't play the game as now described you will be left behind.

I'm out, not supporting this, will totally ignore the playoffs like me and millions others did back in the Bama v LSU repeat days which was also total BS based on the preyear beliefs that the SEC is the strongest conference. They were not this year!

PIcking the best teams based on injury status is total BS. If FSU had a loss like Bama and UGA, then fine, but they don't. The SEC's record, the only thing you can honestly use to measure, was down this year. The ACC was 6-4 against them.

The committee chose based on emotions and guessing, which is total and complete BS. It's the record that matters to determine the best team.

I'm out, not supporting this, will totally ignore the playoffs like me and millions others did back in the Bama v LSU repeat days which was also total BS based on the preyear beliefs that the SEC is the strongest conference. They were not this year!

100% agree. 2023 has no national champion.

The committee chose based on emotions and guessing, which is total and complete BS. It's the record that matters to determine the best team.

Amazing how nobody has brought up that Alabama needed a miracle on a 4th and 31 to survive Auburn. Not sure one of the 4 best teams in America would need to have this pulled out of their arse to beat a mediocre Auburn Team. FSU got screwed - big time!

All conferences should be fearful right now. It can happen to any of them. This is criminal beyond all reasoning. Such a brutal decision. Was it FSU’s victory over LSU that helped them decide Alabama was better? Was it Alabama needing a miracle to beat Auburn? Does that rivalry game mean you can throw out the records but the UF-FSU isn’t as real?

The ACC should reach out to the Big Twelve and Big Ten, Pac and G5 teams to just develop their own playoff system. It apparently doesn’t matter what the SEC does on the field.

Should make for an interesting ACC ADs' meeting as the Selection Committee Chair is the NC State AD. He's got a lot of 'splaining to do.

Should also make for interesting signage wherever he shows up, even at MBB games, & if NC State plays FSU next year, standby.

He even used the "Since Everybody Cheats" party line of WTTE "they've been there a lot, so they should always be there...." reasoning.

It goes to 12 teams next year, so it's really moot moving forward, but FSU has every right to boycot their bowl game vs the gaggers and not show up.
It’s not a moot point. This just proves that there will simply be MORE SEC teams in the 12 team playoff. Unless they either limit the number of at larges or require all conference champions (and yea I mean ALL).

ITS ALSO MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR GEORGIA TECH!

Meh. Nothing of consequence will happen. Yeah, FSU AD and ACC Commissioner will issue their harrumph statements, touting their displeasure with the decision. Next year, playoffs expand and this year will be a footnote and a discussion point, at best. Noles probably lose to mutts in OB and talking heads will claim they were correct all along.

In the meantime, all the bluster is just that ... hot air that will be soon forgotten.

No consequences whatsoever.

Meh. Nothing of consequence will happen. Yeah, FSU AD and ACC Commissioner will issue their harrumph statements, touting their displeasure with the decision. Next year, playoffs expand and this year will be a footnote and a discussion point, at best. Noles probably lose to mutts in OB and talking heads will claim they were correct all along.

In the meantime, all the bluster is just that ... hot air that will be soon forgotten.
Pretty good prediction, sadly

Back