Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

1691369739040.jpeg
Becoming like those TV preachers predicting the apocalypse.

Someone tell me why the requirement to notify by the 15th has teeth. Leaving the ACC is a half billion dollar breach of contract anyway. I legit don't understand, so someone educate me.

Someone tell me why the requirement to notify by the 15th has teeth. Leaving the ACC is a half billion dollar breach of contract anyway. I legit don't understand, so someone educate me.
They can’t. Even if FSU gets the $120 million to leave, the loss of up to $500 million in media rights is what FSU cannot come up with. The B1G and SEC aren‘t going to foot the bill either. FSU is locked in unless the league falls apart.

Side note, interesting that FSU was all but a done deal to the Big 12 circa 2012 if not for a rogue board member who in front of an audience on a golf course pretty much told them the board was voting to accept the offer. Completely screwed them.

So this wasn’t the first time FSU has tried to leave.

They can’t. Even if FSU gets the $120 million to leave, the loss of up to $500 million in media rights is what FSU cannot come up with. The B1G and SEC aren‘t going to foot the bill either. FSU is locked in unless the league falls apart.

Side note, interesting that FSU was all but a done deal to the Big 12 circa 2012 if not for a rogue board member who in front of an audience on a golf course pretty much told them the board was voting to accept the offer. Completely screwed them.

So this wasn’t the first time FSU has tried to leave.

This is the right play for GT at this time. Force FSU, Clem, and UNC to find us a landing spot with them. It’s how BC and VT made it into the ACC.

Football is driving this bus. We are an acceptable choice on the football front. Wake and BC would be hard sells. Duke’s BB success might carry some weight, but not much.

Pitt and UL aren’t going to the B1G or SEC, but could easily jump to the B12.

Got to find 8 teams a big money home.

Well I think realignment is done till the next TV contract rounds in ~ 2030. Hopefully by then the bubble somewhat burst and the ACC GOR will look more appealing - ie BIG 12 does not get 30 mil a team and maybe we pick off a couple of top programs from the Big 12 as insurance for 2036.

While I hope we get a BIG of SEC invite, I would like a viable ACC to fall back on.

What do you mean it's over until 2030? FSU is going to pull this crap every summer until they get what they want. God help us they don't win big otherwise they will become even more insufferable.

What do you mean it's over until 2030? FSU is going to pull this crap every summer until they get what they want. God help us they don't win big otherwise they will become even more insufferable.
FSU can do what it wants but until the next round of media negotiations about 2030 there is no new TV money. No where to FSU to go

Interesting to revisit this thread given how the season progressed. Apparently Free Shoes can actually compete while being in the ACC.

Interesting to revisit this thread given how the season progressed. Apparently Free Shoes can actually compete while being in the ACC.
If they somehow miss the playoff as the undefeated ACC champion, they will leave tomorrow. Their fans and admin would be on the verge of having an aneurysm they’d be so angry.

Back