Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

I am told by a reliable source that F$U will announce its departure from the ACC this week.
1691347280276.gif

what ever they are going to do....it will be done by TUESDAY.....Aug 15

I retract nothing.

What you heard seems sincere - it’s just that FSU seems to have been running their mouth without a plan.

The options so far to break the GOR do not seem promising:
  1. Find landing spots for 8 teams and dissolve the conference
  2. State legal intervention to protect them from lawsuits upon breaking contract (may work but ACC could sue other entities like Fox if they go Big10)
  3. Back room deal with ESPN to not sue over changing conferences (why tho? secret plot to kill ACC?)
  4. Raise enough money to make ACC and ESPN an offer they can’t refuse (lol)

What you heard seems sincere - it’s just that FSU seems to have been running their mouth without a plan.

The options so far to break the GOR do not seem promising:
  1. Find landing spots for 8 teams and dissolve the conference
  2. State legal intervention to protect them from lawsuits upon breaking contract (may work but ACC could sue other entities like Fox if they go Big10)
  3. Back room deal with ESPN to not sue over changing conferences (why tho? secret plot to kill ACC?)
  4. Raise enough money to make ACC and ESPN an offer they can’t refuse (lol)

Backdoor deal with espn is unlikely. I think that would open espn up to a lawsuit from the remaining ACC schools.

Backdoor deal with espn is unlikely. I think that would open espn up to a lawsuit from the remaining ACC schools.

I agree, it is unlikely, but I was trying to list any feasible way to get out of the GOR at reduced cost.

FSU has no good options if the ACC has any fight in it at all.

Or to just stay in the ACC, if they have all this money gushing from the 10x alums they have over us, and fund first class facilities, NIL deals, staff....and just win the ACC Championship every season, make the playoffs, and play for a natty.

Fans want a national championship, not "look at us earning Arkansas money now!"

10X fans, not alums, maybe an order of magnitude difference in the headcount?

Back