Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

What money? We ain't getting that playoff money. And it's not like FSU is gonna care. They gone after this jobbing. This is the final nail in that coffin.

And honestly, I'm cool with that. The ACC is öööö conference. Let it die.

We would have gotten playoff money if FSU had made it.

Playoff money is paid to the conferences which then split it equally among the member schools (although I think the team that actually makes it gets a double share.)

I'm hoping nobody here will be watching any playoff games. My dream is that the stadium for the UM v Bama game is completely empty and exactly 0 people tune in.

This is a good point. The incentive is now for high ranking programs to lie about any and all severe injuries the last few games of the season. Or go radio silent at the very least. Vegas won't be happy.
And we wonder why Key says nothing about injuries and we have injured players on our depth chart for games.

Here's what needs to happen. Mich and Washington need to beat both Bama and Tejas. FSU needs to give UGAY a woodshed beating. FSU claims co-national champions with the winner of the Mich and Washington final via the AP Poll/Press. Add the losses of Bama and another UGAY loss to the total overall record of the SEC for this year vs everyone else. Rinse and repeat for the next 10 years...that is, beat every SEC team in head to head competition in regular and post seasons.

the 27 mil from OB is >40% of what ACC is receiving this bowl season.
Why give away nearly 2mil per team?
i think i'd keep the money and just enjoy seeing UGA lose again.

Here's what needs to happen. Mich and Washington need to beat both Bama and Tejas. FSU needs to give UGAY a woodshed beating. FSU claims co-national champions with the winner of the Mich and Washington final via the AP Poll/Press. Add the losses of Bama and another UGAY loss to the total overall record of the SEC for this year vs everyone else. Rinse and repeat for the next 10 years...that is, beat every SEC team in head to head competition in regular and post seasons.
FSU, at min, needs to work to be second in the poll. I hope Rodeheaver throws for 500 yards and 6 TD and FSU rushes for 200 and 3 TD in an FSU blowout. Maybe, after that, a large contingent of AP voters will vote FSU. I think the AP is independent of the CFP.

Orange Bowl money. You realize we would be forfeiting Orange Bowl money, right?
A lot more than just the Orange Bowl money, actually. I am sure there are contracts that would result in FSU and the ACC getting get sued for all the lost revenue, not just the conference payout. Ticket holders, ESPN, and sponsors would have to be reimbursed and there would be lost revenue to the businesses around the city when people leave town early.

A lot more than just the Orange Bowl money, actually. I am sure there are contracts that would result in FSU and the ACC getting get sued for all the lost revenue, not just the conference payout. Ticket holders, ESPN, and sponsors would have to be reimbursed and there would be lost revenue to the businesses around the city when people leave town early.
If I were Norvell, I would use this as motivation. "They don't think you can even stay on the field with UGA". I hope the FSU players are motivated. I don't think UGA's QB, if FSU plays to potential, is going to have many comfortable passing pockets

FSU's defenders can then be high draft picks. Play with fire. Killed the mutts. "We are the best team. Michigan? GTFO."

Why? You don't gain anything there. FSU might win that game. Georgia had a tough time playing us. They're overrated and have been all year. They barely beat an abysmal Auburn team and really had nothing against Bama. But FSU does have a significant question mark, even with Rudemaker back. And if you win, what? Claim a mythical national title like UCF? That doesn't mean dick. And if you lose, welp. Honestly, gaming this out is easy, since FSU stands to gain nothing at all from winning.

Not playing? That's a masterpiece. That öööös over the people that ööööed you. ESPN will get demolished for that. Every member of that CFP committee is done. FSU becomes a folk hero. The SEC will look stupid. Georgia will look stupid (not that they don't on a daily basis).

If anything, you should support this decision because of how it will make UGA look like a bunch of a jackasses, just kind of doing nothing for 4 hours.
I love the idea, but I imagine FSU has to sign a separate contract with the Orange Bowl that guarantees the team appear.

FSU, at min, needs to work to be second in the poll. I hope Rodeheaver throws for 500 yards and 6 TD and FSU rushes for 200 and 3 TD in an FSU blowout. Maybe, after that, a large contingent of AP voters will vote FSU. I think the AP is independent of the CFP.

I can already hear ESPN beating the “they didn’t want to be there” drum about UGA.

Not sure if this is sarcasm trolling or not, but will treat it straight for now.
People are upset cause they view getting into the playoff differently. For a lot of people, whether FSU would win the next game or any future games in the playoff is irrelevant to whether they should get there. They did all the öööö a team is suppose to do to get into the playoff, more than teams that were instead selected.
Look at it this way, how would you view the NFL for example if in the last week of the regular season Tom Brady at NE got hurt and they decided record didn't matter anymore so NE goes from getting a bye and home field advantage to being a wild card or out of the playoff entirely? That is effectively what just happened.
Your NFL example is a good one; however, the NFL playoffs are well-defined from the get-go. There's no judgement call in the NFL playoffs, and rather, they rely on the record, only. The CFP isn't that way, and rather, relies heavily on judgement b/c it's supposed to pick the four best teams based on their resume's. I hate Bama and would rather see an ACC team in there, but the truth is that Bama is viewed as a better team than the current FSU squad, and the betting markets would quickly show that. It's not nearly as bad of a year as some of the BCS years where 2-loss SEC teams were put in there.

I might take that bet depending on the odds. We are talking the Bamma team that literally needed a miracle to beat Auburn, the same Auburn that was waxed the week before by New Mexico State. 6-6 Auburn? No, I don't think it's a given Alabama would clobber FSU, at all. Plus FSU #2 QB should be back for the bowl, which significantly changes the projection IMHO.

It's truly disgraceful that one of two undefeated P5 conference champs is not in. Especially the Champ of the conference that went 6-4 head to head against the vaunted SEC in 2023. It'll look even worse when FSU beats paper tiger uGa in the Orange. Results on the field should matter. But once again, the "committee" proved they're nothing more than unduly influenced and biased beauty pageant judges.

FSU can make a statement if they crush UGA in the OB more than Bama beat them in the SEC-CG. I think it'd be REALLY interesting if Bama wins the CFP, yet FSU beats UGA by more than Bama did in the SEC-CG.

If Travis didn’t get hurt, FSU would be 3. But the committee 100% would have kept the SEC team in over Texas at 4 because they felt they needed an SEC team in validate the CFP.
Do you really believe they would've put Bama in over Texas even though Texas beat Bama at Bama?

I hate Bama slightly more than I hate F$U.

The only appropriate response to all of this is for FSU to simply not play in the Orange Bowl. Not decline the invite, simply just not show up. Let ESPN show 4 hours of Dawg players holding their dicks in their hands. It would be the single greatest middle finger in history and the only fitting way to see this sport off as it sails over the edge.

They won't do that because they are part of the problem..

Your NFL example is a good one; however, the NFL playoffs are well-defined from the get-go. There's no judgement call in the NFL playoffs, and rather, they rely on the record, only. The CFP isn't that way, and rather, relies heavily on judgement b/c it's supposed to pick the four best teams based on their resume's. I hate Bama and would rather see an ACC team in there, but the truth is that Bama is viewed as a better team than the current FSU squad, and the betting markets would quickly show that. It's not nearly as bad of a year as some of the BCS years where 2-loss SEC teams were put in there.
The bolded I think is what is also up for debate. To what extent is it really suppose to be based on what people 'think' the 4 best teams are (at the instant of the end of the season?) versus the 4 teams that had done the best that year. And even if we were all to agree that is what is suppose to be done, this just shows how utterly stupid that idea is.

Once our bowl game is complete, our coaching staff should provide any assistance we can to FSU for their game with the cesspool.
Haynes King should be allowed to sell NIL consulting sessions which an FSU booster happens to buy. Booster then gives additional NIL money to Rodeheaver for the consulting.

King coaches up Rodeheaver on weakness he saw. UGAg tendencies. Which DL is the best and what strategy should be used. Which play actions worked and why. All that stuff.

Where this is going - a mega-SEC:

FL: UF & FSU
SC: Clemson & USCe
NC: UNC & UNSt
VA: VT & UVA
TN: Vandy & UT
MS: Ole Miss & MSU
AL: Bama & Auburn
TX: UT & TAMU
OK: OU & OSU
KY: UK & UL
GA: UGAg
Funny how the other states are smart enough to get their in state rival in the conference, except UGAg. There is a reason why Clean Old Fashioned Hate is THE best rivalry game, regardless of record

Back