Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

As a chair, he gets to release the only official word and it's real easy to code into that language how he voted without saying it.

As a chair, he gets to release the only official word and it's real easy to code into that language how he voted without saying it.
As the president of NC State, I would have wanted him in my office at 9 am this morning - and he had better have a good story.

Oh look here's another Tech fan slobbering over uga/sec and how good they are. Uga couldn't curb stomp GT but they're supposed to do it to fsu.

But by all means continue playing the nonsensical contrarian troll with your "haha y u mad crybaby?" schtick

In my CFB world, for any pairing of these teams: UGAg, Texas, Ohio St, ND & FSU, the only correct answer in picking a winner is the Meteor.

Y'all crying over what happened to the Free Shoes U Criminoles like it happened to Tech. Oh, but ACC!! Which most of you want to leave anyway and crap all over the conference every chance you get (Oh! UNC gets favoritism, Coach K hurt us, blah, blah).

After Championship Weekend I could only be happier if they had found a way to keep Texas out.

As the president of NC State, I would have wanted him in my office at 9 am this morning - and he had better have a good story.
His story is "the ACC is dead and ööööed, I sucked off Sankey out back in an alley, hoping they'd invite our ööööty little college into the SEC when FSU runs away."

I sincerely hope that FSU vocally blocks NC State from getting into the SEC when FSU and Clemson dissolve the GoR.

In my CFB world, for any pairing of these teams: UGAg, Texas, Ohio St, ND & FSU, the only correct answer in picking a winner is the Meteor.

Y'all crying over what happened to the Free Shoes U Criminoles like it happened to Tech. Oh, but ACC!! Which most of you want to leave anyway and crap all over the conference every chance you get (Oh! UNC gets favoritism, Coach K hurt us, blah, blah).

After Championship Weekend I could only be happier if they had found a way to keep Texas out.
Bama deserves to be on your list, if you love this school. They deserve to higher on your list than everybody but UGA.

Yeah, FSU can stake a claim to a NC and egg on the face of the CFP committee by beating UGA (the worse the better)

The intangibles don’t really matter. In fact, it would be best if they made that argument before the game. Put it out there and then back it up.

I think that plenty of people will acknowledge their claim, even if selectors don't. They'll hang a banner, call themselves national champions, and many people will agree it's a split title and they have a legitimate claim.

As far as whether that is worth anything, I suppose that comes down to personal motivation and why you play the game. Ultimately none of this really means anything, especially since most of the players aren't getting the big bucks until they go to the NFL, CFP or no CFP.
Might as well just call yourselves the Champions of Life if no one else is going to crown you national champs. It's a stupid ööööing idea.

UCF can claim it all they want. Hell, Penn State fans claim 1994 around here. None of that matters. The wikipedia entry won't give it to FSU. Twenty years from now, only old FSU fans will care. Everyone else will call Washington the champ.

Translation: slurp, your knobs taste so good Kirby and Nick.

Might as well just call yourselves the Champions of Life if no one else is going to crown you national champs. It's a stupid ööööing idea.

UCF can claim it all they want. Hell, Penn State fans claim 1994 around here. None of that matters. The wikipedia entry won't give it to FSU. Twenty years from now, only old FSU fans will care. Everyone else will call Washington the champ.

Wikipedia is your standard for what matters? It does list UCF's claim to national championship: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season

Overall I think plenty of people will acknowledge FSU's claim to a split title if they beat the dwags. Way more than UCF.

Let's meet back in 20 years to see who's right. Hopefully wikipedia is still around.

His story is "the ACC is dead and ööööed, I sucked off Sankey out back in an alley, hoping they'd invite our ööööty little college into the SEC when FSU runs away."

I sincerely hope that FSU vocally blocks NC State from getting into the SEC when FSU and Clemson dissolve the GoR.
It would be nice if the legislators in the state of Georgia FINALLY supported GT when the changes happen and stated that UGA has been directed to vote against any additional expansion until Georgia Tech has been formally invited to the conference.

But no, they will slobber over FSU (for Florida) and Clemson (for USuCk) and probably invite BOTH UNC and NC State because Vince Dooley taught them to absolutely do any and everything to keep GT out.

FSU can make a statement if they crush UGA in the OB more than Bama beat them in the SEC-CG. I think it'd be REALLY interesting if Bama wins the CFP, yet FSU beats UGA by more than Bama did in the SEC-CG.
Better yet Michigan crush bama then lose to Texas ... FSU crushes UGA and is the only undefeated team you have to give them at least a share of the mnc

Plus no sec in final game

Imagine the shock after the Michigan game.. I have heard this my whole life.. Big10 team is world beater. Goes to bowl game, gets ravaged. I will play the odds it happens again. The other two games are as I see them also except Washington loses by two touchdoiwns
We will see in a month.

It seems you can make some money betting on Alabama for yourself!

Should make for an interesting ACC ADs' meeting as the Selection Committee Chair is the NC State AD. He's got a lot of 'splaining to do.

Should also make for interesting signage wherever he shows up, even at MBB games, & if NC State plays FSU next year, standby.

He even used the "Since Everybody Cheats" party line of WTTE "they've been there a lot, so they should always be there...." reasoning.
Gotta wonder how this would have come out if it was NC State undefeated - Ole’ Boo surely would have got the ‘Pack into the playoff. Bet he’s going to be real popular next time ACC AD’s meet.

It would be nice if the legislators in the state of Georgia FINALLY supported GT when the changes happen and stated that UGA has been directed to vote against any additional expansion until Georgia Tech has been formally invited to the conference.

But no, they will slobber over FSU (for Florida) and Clemson (for USuCk) and probably invite BOTH UNC and NC State because Vince Dooley taught them to absolutely do any and everything to keep GT out.
Unlike FSU/UF or Clemson/USC, we actually hate UGA and vice versa. And the BoR and the entire state legislature is made up of Dawgs.

Y'all need to stop voting for ööööheads.

Who gives a öööö at this point. If you are an ACC team and you don't pass the eye test then they aren't picking you anyway.
öööö, even if FSU had beaten the pants off Lousiville (which their defense clearly did), they would have concocted some horseshit to shove Bama or UGA into the playoff. ESPN needs an SEC school in there.

It's the best three schools and whoever from the SEC will get the highest ratings.

I sincerely hope that Michigan beats the öööö out of Bama. And then I hope Washington wins the National Title in a lopsided ööööfest.

Back