CFB will be the NFL

I like all of these changes, they will make the games better

I like college football just the way it was and wish they would leave it alone. It’s not broken.
What? The sport has been broken so long that we have our own fans who like it being rigged against schools like GT.

1- its not broken when UGA, Clemson, FSU, Bama, and Auburn all bought players under the table, yet GT gets stripped of a title?

2- it’s not broken when the champion was voted in because they had more media members in their region?

3- it’s not broken when a committee hand picks teams with large fanbases for TV numbers?

4- it‘s not broken when an undefeated team is ranked in the top 4, wins its conference championship game and then gets dropped for 1 loss teams?

NIL has finally opened the door for any school to buy players without being punished. That is HUGE for parity. Now, if UGA spends more on the next Herschel or Cam to get him then at least everyone else had a fair chance to buy him without being put on probation.

A larger playoff will also give more teams a chance. March Madness has shown that dynasties are built in rigged systems. Does anyone really believe UCLA would have won 7 national championships in a row if they had to play in March Madness? If we had the old system in hoops Coach K would have doubled his Natties (from 5 to at minimum 10) because he won the ACC regular season 13 times which would have gotten him auto bids. That’s why in 30 years from now all these Natties we’ve lived thru will be laughed at. People will look at the idea of 2 or 4 hand picked teams winning title after title as a joke.

CFB already is the NFL. All of the traditional/regional things tied into the sport are irrelevant or soon will be. Money has ruined the sport.

While I like the 2 minute warning in CFB, doesn’t this contradict ”the games are too long” nonsense that resulted in the running clock being implemented last year?
Yeah I thought the same thing. Maybe if they make it no longer than a 1 minute break? Anyway, the long-time argument against the 2MW in CFB was due to the timeout after first downs. The timeouts are already an unfair advantage to the trailing team so the 2MW is one more advantage. Regardless, I still like it.

While I like the 2 minute warning in CFB, doesn’t this contradict ”the games are too long” nonsense that resulted in the running clock being implemented last year?

This allows the clock to not stop at all during first downs until after reaching the two minute warning. So it will still result in a net shorter game. Or more commercials and the same length game.

This allows the clock to not stop at all during first downs until after reaching the two minute warning. So it will still result in a net shorter game. Or more commercials and the same length game.
Likely the latter, I'm assuming

CFB will never be the NFL even if it wanted to be. If the NFL thought for 1 second that CFB was pulling revenue from them, the league would squash CFB simply by saying they won't draft college players.

The only reason CFB is still a thing is because it would be more expensive for the league to setup and maintain farm teams.

This thread is dumb.

NFL is a salary cap league full of parity with comprehensive, widely-supported league management. CFB isn't the NFL, hasn't ever really been the NFL, and is moving further and further away from being the NFL. Players being paid is about the only similarity.

NFL is a salary cap league full of parity with comprehensive, widely-supported league management. CFB isn't the NFL, hasn't ever really been the NFL, and is moving further and further away from being the NFL. Players being paid is about the only similarity.

I’ve been saying all along that the solution for CFB is a draft. Now that player are getting paid, we absolutely have to have a draft.

Back