CFB will be the NFL

Quantity sure, quality no. Playing field is too lopsided for most CFB games to be entertaining for anyone other than that team’s fans.

Of course, college football has 4 x teams, so lots of TV inventory.
It feels like the current plan is to hope that name recognition can provide all the "quality" needed. We'll see if Oklahoma can provide quality game watching after they've lost 5 conference games.

Your argument holds no water in this case. If the NFL told CFB they would no longer draft CFB players, this would completely dilute the NFL Draft to the point where NFL teams would then be looking at CFL, new Spring leagues for players. For all the power the NFL has, CFB has all the leverage as it relates to future pro talent. There is literally 0% chance the NFL drafts players right out HS. Not a single owner, GM, or coaching staff would ever allow for the NFL to make such a drastic decision.

Uh no. Because the players aren't going to college if they can't be drafted to the NFL. It's pretty simple. I don't know why you think CFB has any leverage over the league.

Uh no. Because the players aren't going to college if they can't be drafted to the NFL. It's pretty simple. I don't know why you think CFB has any leverage over the league.
You truly are clueless. The NFL will never draft players out of HS. There was a year recently where HS players were “eligible“ for the draft, and not a single player was even looked at. But keep going with this, it’s become quite funny at this point.

While you’re at it, why don’t you venture back over to the Deion thread and remind everyone about the greatest 4-8, 1-8 team in history.

You truly are clueless. The NFL will never draft players out of HS. There was a year recently where HS players were “eligible“ for the draft, and not a single player was even looked at. But keep going with this, it’s become quite funny at this point.

While you’re at it, why don’t you venture back over to the Deion thread and remind everyone about the greatest 4-8, 1-8 team in history.

You make my argument for me and don't even realize it. Nobody thinks they would draft out of highschool, they just have to quit drafting from college....trust me the NFL doesn't want you strategizing for them cause they would be broke and talentless.

I'll be back in that thread where you don't make any sense either.

This is a but exaturated yes it's a money game in CFB but by no means does it sniff the nfl money

Minor league baseball is a big drain on the bottom line. The nfl would have to set up a similar league with A, AA, AAA, etc to keep the talent pipeline going. And they would be on the hook for injuries of guys who never turned a dime for the league.

College football is a godsend for the nfl.

A lot of nil money is flowing right now. I suspect that is going to stabilize after the bubble bursts. I also expect more than a few guys finding out their nil contracts handcuff them once they hit the league. Oh, you are the #1 overall pick. You want to sign that nike deal. Sorry, Carl’s shoe shack owns you for the next two years. Carl can cut his own deal with Nike.

Back