CFP setting it up for 2 SEC teams ....

I would gladly take Texas A&M if OSU gets left out. If Clemson wins, then Alabama, Clemson and Notre Dame should absolutely make it.

A 5 game season is a total joke....think of all the teams in history that have been undefeated after 5 games only to be mediocre in the end. OSU shouldn’t get special treatment.

This season doesn’t matter. It’s a fake championship like the one Georgie claims from 1942.

frankly it should be all SEC vs all ACC. öööö the Doomer B!G 10 and Pac 12 for being doomer cowards. A 6-game schedule has no place in the CFP.

That or throw Coastal or Cincinnati in.
Doomer cowards? Like 1 in 1000 Americans have died because of the virus, so some caution *playing a game* that can spread it seems pretty smart. I don't know why their caution is something people get so bent out of shape about.

If Clemson, Bama and Ohio State win those three will be joined by either A&M or Notre Dame. That will be interesting, pitting the SEC against the Golden Domers. Clemson and Ohio State should be out if they lose, Bama, maybe not. Cincinnati should get more credit and USC is too low. They have a short body of work and several close escapes but for Ohio State to be #4 and USC #13 is wrong. I definitely think that if a two loss team should get in over an undefeated Bearcat or Trojan team the whole process is a disgrace.

If rating are the ultimate tie-breaker in the above scenario then it will be ND

Doomer cowards? Like 1 in 1000 Americans have died because of the virus, so some caution *playing a game* that can spread it seems pretty smart. I don't know why their caution is something people get so bent out of shape about.

It's not the caution. They can do whatever they want and be as safe as they want. Their safety is in their own hands.

But if other teams play twice as many games and beat better teams than OSU has this year, OSU has no business being welded to the #4 spot. They're 100% getting in because of brand recognition and revenue code-named "the eye test". If you think that's the best thing for college football then fine - Cincinnati can go suck a lemon until this generation has won two New Years' bowls so the next generation has the benefit of the doubt that was denied to these players. However, in that case, the NCAA should come clean and stop marketing itself as an amateur sport. It's the WWE and the salary is access to the NFL draft.

There's a reason why the BCS computer formula was allowed nowhere near the CFP selection process, and it had nothing to do with fairness or transparently finding the actual best teams.

Because OSU apparently has the NCAA by the balls, and have already gotten both them and the B10 to change rules and make a path for them so they can skip games and get in healthy.

They've also been locked into that #4 spot every single week since their first game while #1-#3 have been revolving doors. The CFP's intentions have been clear for many weeks now, despite the weakness of their already-small schedule.
Are you saying Rutgers, Nebraska, Michigan State, and Penn State aren't quality wins? :rotfl:

ain't brain surgery. 5 conf champs in and i don't care if they choose them by playing rock/paper/scissors. new two p5 teams and best non-p5 if they meet certain criteria. this year would be ala, clem, osu, usc and okla (if all win) as the five, adding in n dame, tex a/m and cinn. first round in the ny eve/day bowls, semis in mid jan, title end of jan. ain't brain surgery.

what other sport doesn't let a p5 champion compete for ntnl title? putzolas

almost no one of college-football-playing-age has died from the virus. Very few even get hospitalized. Let 'em play, Doomers!!

I would gladly take Texas A&M if OSU gets left out. If Clemson wins, then Alabama, Clemson and Notre Dame should absolutely make it.

A 5 game season is a total joke....think of all the teams in history that have been undefeated after 5 games only to be mediocre in the end. OSU shouldn’t get special treatment.
We were 6-0 not too many years ago.

It's not the caution. They can do whatever they want and be as safe as they want. Their safety is in their own hands.

But if other teams play twice as many games and beat better teams than OSU has this year, OSU has no business being welded to the #4 spot. They're 100% getting in because of brand recognition and revenue code-named "the eye test". If you think that's the best thing for college football then fine - Cincinnati can go suck a lemon until this generation has won two New Years' bowls so the next generation has the benefit of the doubt that was denied to these players. However, in that case, the NCAA should come clean and stop marketing itself as an amateur sport. It's the WWE and the salary is access to the NFL draft.

There's a reason why the BCS computer formula was allowed nowhere near the CFP selection process, and it had nothing to do with fairness or transparently finding the actual best teams.
But... but... TV!

How many players in the SEC and ACC died again? 1 in 1000 doesn't apply to college athletes where it would be 1 in a million. While fans' risks should be up to the fans, if you wanna be cautious ban all fans. Their "caution" towards 20 yo men was idiotic.

Second, nothing changed between their cancellation and their start. Things were almost certainly worse. The reversal just made the whole thing more obvious.

On the one hand, it would suck to end up in a game in a location that doesn't allow fans if the other semifinal location does allow fans. That's silly. On the other hand, this seems like an odd hill to die on, "we won't play unless players' families can attend."

JRjr

Back