CFP setting it up for 2 SEC teams ....

aeromech

Dodd-Like
There are a lot of smart people running those G5 athletic departments. I’m sure they are making more money being in the system than out of it.

I am sure every team in the G5 wishes they had a Cinderella story like Louisville who peaked in football and basketball at exactly the right time.
Imagine a Cinderella story where Cinderella's wicked stepmother successfully keeps Cinderella from going to the ball; that's Cincy and every other G5 teams fate.

Is everything in this nation rigged??

The Jacket

The Coat
Without the ACC this year, they would only have been able to schedule AAC Sunbelt teams maybe a few other oddballs. Undefeated season. Who knows if they would be in the final 4.
Herbstreit: "Sure, Notre Dame did win all 12 of their games against Indiana high school teams, but they can only control what they can control. They were asked to play those 12 games and they destroyed their competition, literally killing two of those teams and currently under investigation for the suspicious death of another. You can't ask for more than that. What were they supposed to do, join a conference? In the middle of armageddon? No, this program is wanted for manslaughter in their own backyard, they deserve to be here."

Fowler: "How do you think the Irish will fare against Alabama in the semis?"

Herbstreit: "Alabama wins by 60."

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I'm hoping OSU gets curb stomped. If UGA loses then it will be because they didn't want to be there. If there ever was a year to get a P5 in this was it. So P5 you ain't ever getting in and should start your own playoff. I'd watch it. Watching Clemson, Alabama, OSU and sprinkle in a Oklahoma, ND, or other SEC team every year is getting stale.
*G5

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Yeah don’t know why we are limiting the club to P5/G5.

upstart P5 programs are left out too.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
G5 should really start their own association and boycott the P5 schools.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
This is the problem with the playoff committee. The point of a CFB playoff should not be to pick the 4 best resumés as counterintuitive as that sounds. It should be to pick the 4 teams with the highest likelihood of being the best team.

CFB doesn’t play enough games to differentiate 130+ teams. The whole point of conferences is to subdivide teams, determine the best in those sub groups, and have them play each other. There should NEVER be more than one team from a conference in a playoff. Never. You’ve already determined a conference champion. That’s your best team. If it’s not, then you have a dumb way of determining your conference champion.

There’s no earthly reason to include A&M in a playoff. We already know theyre not the best team in the country. Why the öööö would we waste a valuable spot in a playoff to determine what we already know.

Cinci has a higher likelihood of being the best team in the country than anybody not named Bama or ND right now. They haven’t lost. Everybody else has or hasn’t played enough games. Barring an undefeated team from playing for a title is the most un-American thing in sports today. Seriously, is there any other sport in the country that stops an undefeated team from playing for a championship?

1. Bama
2. ND
3. Cinci
4. Clemson (only because Lawrence out in an OT loss).

Loser of ND/Clemson should not be in a playoff. They’re already not the best team in their conference. How could they be the best team in the country?
Coastal Carolina says, "Hi!"

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Imagine a Cinderella story where Cinderella's wicked stepmother successfully keeps Cinderella from going to the ball; that's Cincy and every other G5 teams fate.

Is everything in this nation rigged??
Yes. Now just watch your O$U and enjoy it. E$pecially the commercial$.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Coastal Carolina says, "Hi!"
Don’t disagree with you. Eye test tells me Cinci is better but there’s a strong argument for CCs resumé being better (sun belt 3-0 over B12). At the time of the post I think (1-loss OT road loss to ND without Lawrence) Clemson had a higher chance of being the best team than CC but would have had them 5th. Now I’d go:

Bama
Clemson
Cinci
CC

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
So, we get two ACC teams in the playoffs instead of two SEC teams...will we get to see CU vs ND for a third time this year?

Techbert

Dodd-Like
So, we get two ACC teams in the playoffs instead of two SEC teams...will we get to see CU vs ND for a third time this year?
No, which would be nice if I did not want the raping irish to lose every game they play against anyone, unless their winning would help GT or hurt Athens Correctional.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
I think an all-ACC title game would do a lot in the minds of the 16-year-olds who're making their college decisions right now.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
No, ND will get beat by Bama and we will see a retread AGAIN either A-C or A-O. Boring, boring, boring.

Clemson v Coastal and Bama v Cincy would at least be something different for a change.

I won't watch any of it in all likelihood and I bet I'm not alone.