So SOS of schedule going into 2020 season:

GT #2
ND #23
Texas A&M 75

Now according to the CFP/Sagarin:
GT ?/45
ND 42 /65
A&M 9 /12

A&M played AL and got whipped. They beat an average UF team, a below average AU team, a bad Arkansas team, a very below average LSU team, an average MSU team and a below average SC team and very below average Vandy team by five points.

What garbage. The SEC purposely hid its team inside the conference. CU would have beaten SCe by 70point this year. There is no way to measure SOS when conferences do not go outside their own conference.

I think the poster is correct A&M is in. CU would beat them by 30 points, just like Alabama did.

Last edited:
How is there no thread on CFP selection?

I would have left out Alabama. Weak SOS playing in a down SEC. I'd love to see Clemson vs. Notre Dame Round 3 in the championship game. Guaranteed ACC winner. Watch the world burn.

uga also got Cincinnati. It they lose, ridicule. If they win, it's a G5 team.

Stop the charade, this is no playoff for college football. It’s the Four-Team Invitational for Certain Teams in Certain Conferences in College Football.

Hard to argue it is not just an invitational tournament this year. OSU certainly did not "play their way in" this year, in fact they barely even played. ND simply does not belong there after getting booty blasted yesterday. Clemson and Bama are the top two teams, Cincy and Oklahoma should have been thrown a bone; but they don't have the political pull of ND and OSU.

TBH, a lot of people could have predicted rhis final four weeks and weeks ago... and did.

Television to rule them all and in the darkness bind them.

Ohio State shouldn't even bother playing games next year. Too risky they might lose. Their lobbyists seem to have this beauty pageant thing all wrapped up.

I'm hoping OSU gets curb stomped. If UGA loses then it will be because they didn't want to be there. If there ever was a year to get a G5 in this was it. So G5 you ain't ever getting in and should start your own playoff. I'd watch it. Watching Clemson, Alabama, OSU and sprinkle in a Oklahoma, ND, or other SEC team every year is getting stale.

Last edited:

Hard to argue it is not just an invitational tournament this year. OSU certainly did not "play their way in" this year, in fact they barely even played. ND simply does not belong there after getting booty blasted yesterday. Clemson and Bama are the top two teams, Cincy and Oklahoma should have been thrown a bone; but they don't have the political pull of ND and OSU.
UCF went undefeated in 2017, beat Auburn in a NY6 Bowl, went undefeated in 2018, still didn’t make the playoff. That’s when we knew a G5 team would never make the playoff.

UCF went undefeated in 2017, beat Auburn in a NY6 Bowl, went undefeated in 2018, still didn’t make the playoff. That’s when we knew a G5 team would never make the playoff.
Yeah, but now it's "fool me once...". They should start their own playoff.

In this same scenario, would ND have gotten in with not being a member?
Without the ACC this year, they would only have been able to schedule AAC Sunbelt teams maybe a few other oddballs. Undefeated season. Who knows if they would be in the final 4.

Yeah, but now it's "fool me once...". They should start their own playoff.

There are a lot of smart people running those G5 athletic departments. I’m sure they are making more money being in the system than out of it.

I am sure every team in the G5 wishes they had a Cinderella story like Louisville who peaked in football and basketball at exactly the right time.

Back