CGC knows what he is good at and leveraged accordingly.

AlabamaBuzz

Dodd-Like
Wanna bet a bottle? If he’s not fired before Christmas Day I owe you a bottle of your choice around $40. If he is fired before then you owe me the same.
I agree. I think TStan is telling the power brokers now about the fan/alum response to this guy and what it will do to season tic sales along with what they are about to witness with "red hell" at BDS next week, and I also think if we have even 2-3 important recruits jump ship (FYI, I do not want this to happen), they will pretty much know the end is now.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I agree. I think TStan is telling the power brokers now about the fan/alum response to this guy and what it will do to season tic sales along with what they are about to witness with "red hell" at BDS next week, and I also think if we have even 2-3 important recruits jump ship (FYI, I do not want this to happen), they will pretty much know the end is now.
You’re not getting quality coordinators to tie their name to a sinking ship. That is the problem. Any money spent on more bargain coordinators is just buying time and I don’t think we have that time. You have to start with a fresh face at HC.

superjacket21

Drink alone
Wanna bet a bottle? If he’s not fired before Christmas Day I owe you a bottle of your choice around $40. If he is fired before then you owe me the same.
Can I take this on the “not fired before Christmas” side?

The Wasp

Varsity Lurker
Collins is a bit immature for the position. The high energy rah rah stuff only works for awhile. Not understanding the tradition of your program and not making simple statements like " we obviously are not a very good football team and our fans don't deserve this, I accept responsibility and will do whatever necessary to get it fixed". Instead, he's resorted to the circle the wagons, I only care about our locker room BS. Someone should ask Collins a simple question: "is your play this year acceptable to you?" Fire him. Now. He will end up as an analyst for Saban or even Georgia behind a computer a year from now. I can't wait for the next coach to tell the grounds crew to get that 404 öööö off our field.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
You’re not getting quality coordinators to tie their name to a sinking ship. That is the problem. Any money spent on more bargain coordinators is just buying time and I don’t think we have that time. You have to start with a fresh face at HC.
Agree... I like Geoff, but if he cans one or more coordinators and next year everything's better, then the coordinators will be as popular as the backup QB and they'll split for HC jobs immediately. Geoff's only long-term hope, IMO, is to take over the defense while replacing the backfield coaches, and hand the offense completely over to the OC while getting a new OL coach. Replacing OC optional.

Anything less, and it's better to just rip the bandaid off and start over now.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
I agree with the dreamer point. Not a bad thing to have big dreams. I just don’t think he is a con or fraud or idiot
You’re correct. Con man, fraud, etc connote an intent to deceive. G*** C*** didn’t want to swindle us, he’s just prospered his whole life by making his accomplishments seem remarkable and selling hope for the future. Peter Priniciple is correct, he failed up and is now crashing & burning.

MatatoGT

Damn Good Rat
I’ve experienced something similar in my own life and career- you take for granted what you have and get excited about getting what you don’t have. We had a truly great game day coach, one who really knew football, but wasn’t much of a a recruiter and not at all a hype or energy guy. Collins filled the perceived holes, checked all the boxes of what we lacked in a coach. But! We took for granted what we had, and assumed that along with the hype and energy and 404 takeover we would get a good (at least competent?) coach.
Turns out, we want the game day skill of CPJ and the energy and hype of the current guy, but that’s a tough package to find.

clapper

Dodd-Like
I didn't like Collins since the first day I heard him., but I can't say I've liked many of our coaches. Gailey and Lewis were 'meh'. Curry rubbed me the wrong way. I liked Ross before he even came to Tech. I liked O'Leary too. CPJ was an ass, but I respected his work.

I'm not all in for firing him now...or even next year. There is some (little) improvement. I'm willing to let this experiment run.

The problem now is that others are finally starting to see him for what I saw him for. That's a problem, because if he does turn the program around (to use CJP's term, get old, stay old, which is what he's trying to do), he needs to spend all of the next year mending fences with the alumnae/fans or it won't matter. Fans want to feel connected to their team - they want to help and support them. They don't need a coach telling them, or acting like, everything good that happens belongs to him and he doesn't care what everyone else thinks. Whether we're jumping off the bandwagon now or not, we will be here longer than him. He's like a part of the family that doesn't want to have anything to do with the rest of the family, despite every effort to include and support him.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
40 whole dollars? Not much of a bet.

DinnerJacket

Slowly eroding every brain cell
Seems like since we have a thread showing Vegas odds, these two should throw that into the mix. While one side would be getting a $40 bottle, the other side might be sitting pretty. What say you two? @Akinji07 and @GTRules

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Piss bet or gtfo!
Why? Nobody’s ever honored payment on a piss bet or a ban bet or not posting in basketball forum bet or other retarded öööö that people just say they will do and then not do it. I’ve collected bottles for winning my bets and paid in bottles. Georgia fans make piss bets because it’s their celebratory drink of choice.

DinnerJacket

Slowly eroding every brain cell
Why? Nobody’s ever honored payment on a piss bet or a ban bet or not posting in basketball forum bet or other retarded öööö that people just say they will do and then not do it. I’ve collected bottles for winning my bets and paid in bottles. Georgia fans make piss bets because it’s their celebratory drink of choice.
The point I was making is at the current odds, @Akinji07 should put up a bottle of Angel Envy and @GTRules should put up a bottle of Pappy.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
The point I was making is at the current odds, @Akinji07 should put up a bottle of Angel Envy and @GTRules should put up a bottle of Pappy.
Oh no I wasn’t saying yours is a bad idea I was talking about non-monetary challenge bets. But Rules is a close friend so I’m ok with even odds. I would buy him a bottle for Christmas even if I win.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
im with @Akinji07 on this one. in think he's dead man walking. gone after COFH/before Christmas.