CGC naysayers check in

Man everyone acting like we just beat georgie and won the Orange Bowl shhheeeiittt.

This was a great step forward but let's be real, we still need to see a lot more...

f9d.gif

Nah I'm pretty ööööing pleased by starting our ronies season with a conference road win. But acting like we just won the natty and this proves everything there is to prove is just insane.
You should head down and boo the buses when they get back to GT

Nah I'm pretty ööööing pleased by starting our ronies season with a conference road win. But acting like we just won the natty and this proves everything there is to prove is just insane.
I don't think anyone here is comparing this win to a NC. But, I do think there's a lot to celebrate this evening. The guys held tough when they could've easily folded. The defensive line actually pressured the opposing QB more than once. The offensive line was able to give Sims more than 2 seconds to throw a pass. This was a big win for CGC, the program, and our first year program guys who've bought in from the beginning.

I don't think anyone here is comparing this win to a NC. But, I do think there's a lot to celebrate this evening. The guys held tough when they could've easily folded. The defensive line actually pressured the opposing QB more than once. The offensive line was able to give Sims more than 2 seconds to throw a pass. This was a big win for CGC, the program, and our first year program guys who've bought in from the beginning.
100% agree with everything you said. That celebration has been happening in the post game thread. This thread was "hah see, he's our savior that settled it forever, morons!" which is.... Moronic.

100% agree with everything you said. That celebration has been happening in the post game thread. This thread was "hah see, he's our savior that settled it forever, morons!" which is.... Moronic.
He's not the savior...yet

Its a pretty good win, though. Maybe the 4th best team we play all year, and even not at our best with our true freshman qb making mistakes we still pulled out a win on the road. A lot to be excited about.

And that qb is something we've not seen on the flats in quite some time, maybe ever, and thats directly attributable to our head coach

I'll chime in FWIW. last year sucked, no two ways about it. The juice was sour and soapy, and down right nasty to taste! I wasn't convinced that the 404, waffle house, juice culture was going to last very long.
However, this team did show improvement. Especially in a crazy 2020 Covid year. Beating FSU in marbles or anything else is a big win for me, so I will take this one with pride. Hope this continues to trend up. I think we found a QB that can run AND PASS! which is mythical in hearing that over the last ten years. Much to see, much to access.

/pours a glass of whiskey clear
/drinks to all the good fellows

I was a lot more down on the OC than on the HC. And I think CDP called a good game, managed the flow of our offense well, and put up a lot of yards against a defense that has a lot of athletes. We had two red zone INTs and a TD worth of blocked kicks. Can't put that on play calling. I say CDP looked good, and I eat the first little bit of the crow. I look forward to eating the whole bird by the end of the year.

You know, crow actually tastes really really good.

I fully admit to being highly negative on Collins. Last night we had a lot of mistakes, but we also showed remarkable improvement. The talent on the field, while young, is several levels better. Sims might damn well be the first legit pro-style quarterback this school has seen since God knows when. A lot of dumb mistakes, but most of that we can attribute to a little covid rust and a ton of youth. I'm excited to see Collins and the staff build on this win and bring us out of the mediocrity of mediocrity.

Andrew Thacker and Coach Collins are legit good.

We were missing 45% of our starting defense. So proud of our second string players on D stepping up big time.

Perhaps the ATL depth chart makes sense after all?

I definitely think it helps keeping the defense serviceable in the fourth quarter.

Back