CGC naysayers check in

The only thing that pisses me off about yesterday is that we got bumped from ABC for the end of the game. Clemson/Wake should have been put on espn2 rather than us.
I actually preferred that because I'm a cheap ass who doesn't have cable, but does have my sister in law's login ID for the ESPN App on Roku. My antenna was acting up during the storm.

To be fair, it was one game - and it was the first game. I’m not prepared to anoint Collins just yet (and I’m a Collins fan).

great win...we will have to see where F$U finishes and if we can follow it up w/ another W. The difference between 2-0 and 1-1 is HUGE. I did think the O play calling was solid. We moved the ball well. The D kept pressure.

I was listening to Lunginbill and the other guy on XM today and CGC is getting some solid press. I liked his post game presser and he seems to be a very positive guy. I think if he is able to build on this win he will be somebody that the GT community can get behind.

I am a GT fan so whether it is O'leary, Gailey, Johnson, or Collins I am always hoping they have so much success that we are renaming the stadium after them.

To be fair, it was one game - and it was the first game. I’m not prepared to anoint Collins just yet (and I’m a Collins fan).
Reminder: We beat FSU in 2015 in a similar ugly game and finished the season at 3-9 so yes, enthusiasm is tempered. I'm very pleased with the apparent jump in both talent and execution this team has taken since last year though.

Its a pretty good win, though. Maybe the 4th best team we play all year, and even not at our best with our true freshman qb making mistakes we still pulled out a win on the road. A lot to be excited about.

And that qb is something we've not seen on the flats in quite some time, maybe ever, and thats directly attributable to our head coach

This

Reminder: We beat FSU in 2015 in a similar ugly game and finished the season at 3-9 so yes, enthusiasm is tempered. I'm very pleased with the apparent jump in both talent and execution this team has taken since last year though.

This one felt different. We kept killing ourselves in the first half.

But that fsu was much better. This one should be a bowl team though.

The last one I was ok with. Clock went from 2:06 to 1:98 after punting. The re-punt then got us an better field position. Went 22 yard line to 17.

I was actually wondering if they got that penalty on purpose. Not only did it run time off the clock, it moved us back five yards which is probably preferable given the circumstances.

So when did start going after our own??? Just curious....seems such a UGAy thing to do. Enjoy the moment. Trust the process.....get others to join the movement.....Go Jackets.....and öööö the Seminoles....they öööö animals.....

So when did start going after our own??? Just curious....seems such a UGAy thing to do. Enjoy the moment. Trust the process.....get others to join the movement.....Go Jackets.....and öööö the Seminoles....they öööö animals.....
We're a powerhouse now. Thats what we do. Get with the program.

Was happy for the win. We still need to improve the red zone and short yardage offense. Still worry that we won’t be able to stop the run if someone really tries to run straight at us. Will be tough week to week with potential injuries and corona virus lurking. May be a very inconsistent season.

I don't think any reasonable person could look at that game and NOT conclude that coaching had something to do with it. Top to bottom, too (well, maybe not STs).

FSU otoh seems lost as a program and also as a team. We have certainly improved, but there's no reason for us to have them on the ropes like that at their place. Players and coaches alike panicked. We were manhandling their OL late. How does that even happen?!? Not taking away from our guy's hard work in the offseason, but damn. This is one of those games that says so much about both teams. Nothing but good news for a rising program and all bad for a program that has lost its way.

I don't think any reasonable person could look at that game and NOT conclude that coaching had something to do with it. Top to bottom, too (well, maybe not STs).

FSU otoh seems lost as a program and also as a team. We have certainly improved, but there's no reason for us to have them on the ropes like that at their place. Players and coaches alike panicked. We were manhandling their OL late. How does that even happen?!? Not taking away from our guy's hard work in the offseason, but damn. This is one of those games that says so much about both teams. Nothing but good news for a rising program and all bad for a program that has lost its way.

The FSU offensive line has been a mess for the last two years. But still, we got some decent bull rushes in there that are a testament to the new S&C coach.

What this game reminded me of was the Clemson/Auburn game about a decade ago. Clemson lost, but never backed down. They hit hard on every single play. As big a fan of CPJ as I am, he never believed in hyping up his players. He always said that it only lasted a series or two. And it is probably detrimental to an option offense to have guys amped up. CGC clearly hypes the team. They play with intensity, which I really haven’t seen since GOL was the coach. Even Tenuta’s defenses had the secondary playing it safe since the dbacks were always on an island.

The FSU offensive line has been a mess for the last two years. But still, we got some decent bull rushes in there that are a testament to the new S&C coach.

What this game reminded me of was the Clemson/Auburn game about a decade ago. Clemson lost, but never backed down. They hit hard on every single play. As big a fan of CPJ as I am, he never believed in hyping up his players. He always said that it only lasted a series or two. And it is probably detrimental to an option offense to have guys amped up. CGC clearly hypes the team. They play with intensity, which I really haven’t seen since GOL was the coach. Even Tenuta’s defenses had the secondary playing it safe since the dbacks were always on an island.

I think the most impressive thing about the team's performance Saturday was that the came out of the locker room amped, and then after a heartbreaking interception and an easy FSU TD drive, they came out of the locker room amped again after the lightning delay. Then they maintained 4 quarters of intensity even when the refs called everything against us and only the blatant against them.

You have to think Coach knows a thing or two about managing motivation.

I think the most impressive thing about the team's performance Saturday was that the came out of the locker room amped, and then after a heartbreaking interception and an easy FSU TD drive, they came out of the locker room amped again after the lightning delay. Then they maintained 4 quarters of intensity even when the refs called everything against us and only the blatant against them.

You have to think Coach knows a thing or two about managing motivation.

Yeah, the defense didn’t let the first two drives break their spirt. They kept fighting.

FSU was 7/9 passing on the first two drives. After that 16/36. And while fsu did miss/drop some of those passes, some were affected by the pass rush. Yeah, I said it. A GT pass rush impacted the play.

Back