CGC naysayers check in

Penalties and turnovers kill lots of teams but can be fixed. FG kicking is also a concern. All fixable

Yes, that's true. But so far it's been one and a third seasons and the penalty issue has not been fixed, despite being present since the beginning.

Therefore I am starting to worry that CGC is not going to be able to fix it. Again, not writing him off, but at this point there is legitimate cause for concern in my opinion.

Leach has 295 passing yards in first half against LSU. We can’t consistently kick an XP or avoid stupid penalties. I understand getting beat physically, but we should have the smartest players in D1 that don’t make the simplest mistakes.

Yes, that's true. But so far it's been one and a third seasons and the penalty issue has not been fixed, despite being present since the beginning.

Therefore I am starting to worry that CGC is not going to be able to fix it. Again, not writing him off, but at this point there is legitimate cause for concern in my opinion.

This. Our OC is suspect, but worse is our QB coaching. Sims is making the same mistakes (not going through progression and missing wide open guys, telegraphing passes, tucking and running too early) and might even be regressing.

We might not have the talent yet to compete, but I have zero faith in the coaching staff to prepare our players, regardless of their talent level.

but hey, it’s money down #ATL #404 #CGCisausedcarsalesman #canwepleasebreak30

He is 4-11 at this point with 8 of those losses coming by 17 points or more. He lost to the Citadel and a terrible Syracuse team not to mention the Temple, VT, UGA, and UCF debacles. He teams are some of the worst GT has seen in 25 years. They are penalty prone and undisciplined.
Yeah but Big 3 though!

I was a naysayer, and remain tremendously skeptical, but there was a lot of positive stuff that happened in that game.

The defense looks really good. The QB seems to have promise.

This whole "get a free year of eligibility from Covid" thing should help our recruiting depth out within the next three years too.
It's looking more and more to me like FSU was just a really, really terrible team. Today was probably the worst QB play I've ever seen in my life at GT outside of maybe the Garner Webb game. I don't think even last year's team would play this bad, lol. And the play calling was apparently all about successfully running the ball to set up the interception rofl.

Our team is too big of a joke to keep from laughing at. CPJ in his very worst year would probably still be 2-1 at this point.

We have 12 turnovers in 3 games and so many blocked kicks I can't even count them. It's a clown show out there. We should dress in clown costumes, with big red shoes and rainbow wigs.

Actually, that's an idea. Instead of letting the D write hashtags or whatever when they get a TO, let's put any offense player who turns the ball over or launches a placekick literally into the ass of one of his own team mates in a tiny clown car, and then see how full the car gets by the end of the game. It'd be great TV.

Last edited:
Lousy ass Syracuse 37
Georgia Tech 20.

Today wasn't about talent. It was all about coaching. Period.
I don't want to hear Collins talk about effort or culture or relentless or program or chaos or mayhem or iron sharpens iron any of that other crap.
I want to hear him say this loss isn't on the players. It's on the guys making 6 and 7 figures on the sidelines.
Because it is.

It's looking more and more to me like FSU was just a really, really terrible team. Today was probably the worst QB play I've ever seen in my life at GT outside of maybe the Garner Webb game. I don't think even last year's team would play this bad, lol. And the play calling was apparently all about successfully running the ball to set up the interception rofl.

Our team is too big of a joke to keep from laughing at. CPJ in his very worst year would probably still be 2-1 at this point.

We have 12 turnovers in 3 games and so many blocked kicks I can't even count them. It's a clown show out there. We should dress in clown costumes, with big red shoes and rainbow wigs.

Actually, that's an idea. Instead of letting the D write hashtags or whatever when they get a TO, let's put any offense player who turns the ball over or launches a placekick literally into the ass of one of his own team mates in a tiny clown car, and then see how full the car gets by the end of the game. It'd be great TV.

Dude, you don't know öööö about football. Stay in your lane.

Look, I want us to win, regardless of who the coach is. Watching us win is a helluva lot more fun than watching us lose. And over the last 40-50 years, we've done too much of one and not nearly enough of the other.
But I have never had much confidence in CGC. Today did nothing to change that.

Welp, at least "Where Eagles Dare" is on....

It would seem that there are two kinds of football coaches in the world. Those that can recruit at GT, and those that can out coach the opponents at GT. The better you are at one, the worse you are at the other. Call it the Heisman Uncertainity Principle. The good news is that in another couple of years, we are going to have possibly the best talent GT has ever fielded when Monken takes over.

Were you hanging around the team this week? Maybe they learned too much about clowning from watching you.

So midway through the SECOND QUARTER it is clear that fsu it a öööö team and was not a good win. Considering the timing of this thread, it seems clear that many users overlooked our issues in that game and were drinking the juice.

My greatest fear is that the football program becomes the basketball program . . . oscillating between really good recruiters who can not coach, and decent or good coaches who cannot recruit.

Lousy ass Syracuse 37
Georgia Tech 20.

Today wasn't about talent. It was all about coaching. Period.
I don't want to hear Collins talk about effort or culture or relentless or program or chaos or mayhem or iron sharpens iron any of that other crap.
I want to hear him say this loss isn't on the players. It's on the guys making 6 and 7 figures on the sidelines.
Because it is.
I think that pretty much sums it up. Shut the öööö up and coach.

After seeing the ST meltdown today, we can longer claim to be smarter than the other fanbases we encounter. Everyone needs to unwad your panties. Support your team or GTFO you bunch of emotional betas.

My greatest fear is that the football program becomes the basketball program . . . oscillating between really good recruiters who can not coach, and decent or good coaches who cannot recruit.
I want the good recruiters that take us to the national championship game. That would make UGA big mad

After seeing the ST meltdown today, we can longer claim to be smarter than the other fanbases we encounter. Everyone needs to unwad your panties. Support your team or GTFO you bunch of emotional betas.
So either be satisfied with a öööö product or piss off. Are being serious?

Back