Championship Saturday Thread

Am I the only one who wants to punch Jimbo Fisher in the face - hard?

If Alabama finishes on top tonight the selection will be interesting. TV will prefer Ohio State and Notre Dame to Texas A&M, although I predict a fresh face might help ratings. I would argue Texas A&M with one loss to the number one team has done the most this season and deserves to get in. I could argue either way. But, Alabama versus Ohio State and Clemson vs. Texas A&M would be my choice
Outside of Florida, look at who A&M beat:
0-9 Vandy
3-7 Miss St
3-7 Arkansas
2-8 USCe
5-5 LSU
3-7 Tennessee
6-4 Auburn

And they got slaughtered by Bama. If we’re talking about replacing ND, I’d rather see Cincinnati than Texas A&M.

Well that isn’t saying much. The way Bamas offense is firing right now they’d put up 40 on anyone.

Yeah, it will probably still be somewhat of a shootout. Clemson has held their own in those previous matchups, and I don't see any reason to think they won't this year as well.

Outside of Florida, look at who A&M beat:
0-9 Vandy
3-7 Miss St
3-7 Arkansas
2-8 USCe
5-5 LSU
3-7 Tennessee
6-4 Auburn

And they got slaughtered by Bama. If we’re talking about replacing ND, I’d rather see Cincinnati than Texas A&M.

Given that neither ND nor A&M has a resume that I find all that impressive, I'd rather see an undefeated Cincinnati as well. Since it doesn't look that's going to happen, they can flip a coin between the two for all I care.

I'm good with Bama A&M Clemson and ND over OSU. ND played 5 more games.

Florida losing to LSU really screws things up. If UF beats LSU and plays Bama competitively, they would have been in even with the loss to A&M. A&M will be the most unimpressive playoff team this side of Oklahoma. But that’s the dilemma ... who do you put in their place? The Big 12, 10 and Pac 12 are simply not that good.

This Tulsa v. Cincy game is awesome.

Also, the ref crew is the same one from the UCF game...

Back