Chan Gailey's Bum Rap

CPD8inNC

Varsity Lurker
Chan Gailey\'s Bum Rap

I think that everyone needs to get off Chan's ASS give in more than 1 damn season. He's a lot better coach than everyone gives him credit for being.He is gonna be able to recruit kids who want to play for a "pro style" coach. Give the man a DAMN chance

Re: Chan Gailey\'s Bum Rap

Originally posted by CPD8inNC:
I think that everyone needs to get off Chan's ASS give in more than 1 damn season. He's a lot better coach than everyone gives him credit for being.He is gonna be able to recruit kids who want to play for a "pro style" coach. Give the man a DAMN chance
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Branch Rickey always said it is best to get rid of a player a year than a year late. He probably would say the same thing about college football coaches.

CPD8NC,

Thanks for clearing it up for the rest of us. I really didn't see the merits on both sides of the issue until you so clearly elucidated your position.

I'm pleased to see still that only the best and brightest are Tech men.

Sorry, Branch Rickey said it is best to get rid of a player a year too early than to have to get rid of him a year too late. Makes sense to me when it comes to college football coaches also.

had to weigh in ..

CPD8inNC .. the personnel that count are giving Chan more than a chance .. they're committed to Chan .. don't worry about morons on message boards

As John Lennon sang...."All we are saying is give peace a CHANce".....err....uh....or was that "give CHANce a 'peace'?!?!"
tongue.gif

Baby Ruth Baby Ruth!!!

&lt;runs away screaming&gt;

ylojk8: When we are staring up at FSU, MARYLAND, UVA, CLEMSON, and NCState's collective asses next year, who will you be calling a "moron" then?

statelinejacket .. i am not bothered about your opinions about our head coach ..

why are you bothered about my opinions about anything?

hey .. you want a friendly bet going? we'll win 3 outta those 5 matches i say .. what say you?

CPD8, it has become painfully (and embarrassingly) obvious that we will continue to hear wailings and gnashings from a few know-nothings whose breadth of understanding of some very simple guidelines and workings in and about college football could be measured in angstroms.

Nobody....NOBODY....over the age of 10 and for whom mental capacity could withstand a legal challenge would ever give more than a fleeting and fanciful thought to actually wanting or expecting the ouster of a first-year coach who just finished the season we've witnessed. These endless lamentings would be laughable if not quite so pathetic.

But, as Voltaire said...."I may not agree, Sir, with that which you say...but I will defend to my death your right to say it!"

Of course, Voltaire probably tended to stay away from chat rooms. ;-)

All opinions are welcome here, though.......even the grotesquely invalid. :&gt;)

ylojk8: no dice, because I would NEVER pull against the Jackets. And I called you out because you bunched everyone that does not believe in Gailey as "morons", when many of use sound reasoning to back up our opinions.

Originally posted by statelinejacket:
ylojk8: no dice, because I would NEVER pull against the Jackets. And I called you out because you bunched everyone that does not believe in Gailey as "morons", when many of use sound reasoning to back up our opinions.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">statelinejacket .. i don't care whether you call me out .. keep calling me out .. i'll defend everything i believe in .. and i'll accept sound reasoning if it makes sense to me

your post on this thread when you try and compare getting rid of a player a year too early instead of having getting rid of him a year too late .. to the head coach of our football program is a very sorry attempt of "sound reasoning" to back up your opinions

in my opinion, that line of reasoning is moronic.

Ok, stateline.....I know it's late, but.........it's......time........for.........a POP-QUIZ!!!! :&gt;)

Put all books and papers under your desk. You can't use a calculator, but a straightedge, compass, and GI Joe with Kung-Fu Grip™ are all allowed.

Ok.....ready?

Football Team A , with an established coaching staff and all-veteran offensive skill players and an overall marginal defense, has a 7-5 regular season record.

Football Team B plays virtually the same schedule and is basically the same team as A ......EXCEPT for these FEW teensy-weensy differences....

(1) Replace both quarterbacks from Team A who actually completed passes.

(3) Replace the top THREE rushers from Team A (#3 actually plays in a couple of games before a season-ending concussion).

(4) Lose the heir-apparent top rushing threat after 4 games.

(5) Lose most of the remaining contribution from the true-freshman heir-apparent-apparent RB to injury.

(6) Lose another RB (after missing an entire season to injury) to yet another injury.

(7) Use five different starting OL combos during the season.

(8) Replace the two top sack and TFL men from team A's marginal D (one is available at 50-70% for the first couple of games, then gone for the season.)

(9) Bring in a new Head Coach and staff (save 2).

Solve: Record.

Don't worry.....there actually IS no 'right' and/or 'wrong' answer(s).......

........only glaringly-uneducated ones. ;-)

ylojk8: Think so huh, a column in ajc today on letting Glavine go ran right along the same line of reasoning and I bet Michigan State wished they had cut their losses a year earlier as well as Baylor and UCLA. Florida Gator people sure as heck they wish could convince the people who control Ron Zook's fate to go ahead and cut their losses. But I guess they don't have enough talent in Gainsville and Zook need 2 or 3 recruiting classes to rebuild the Gators.

stateline, stating reasons for your opinions and "sound reasoning" can be two different things. We'll see how sound your reasoning has been by future events.

c'mon statelinejacket .. you can do better than borrow from the &lt;gasp&gt; AJC .. the mother of all news media

yes i do opine that your cutting losses reasoning is moronic...

if we fire a first year head coach after this season, nobody would want the head coaching position at Tech .. how would that be cutting losses?

Buzzfan: 51-7! 51-7! 51-7! Now there is the answer to this pop quiz: What was the score of the GT-UGA game this year? Never mind, I can see the Lewis era flashing in front of my very eyes. Of course if you want to accept mediocrity I can't stop you. Enjoy it.

Please say goodbye to stateline, all......he's off to enjoy a semester of pre-Jan Kemp Remedial Studies!

;-)

if you can see the bill lewis era flash before your eyes .. you need to stop hallucinating

51-7 .. huge loss yea, biggest margin of defeat to our arch rivals yeah.

but we didn't finish 1-10. do you expect us to go 1-10 next year?

yeah .. and your final blow .. he who is not negative is accepting mediocrity ..

Back