Chan Gailey's Bum Rap

Re: Chan Gailey\'s Bum Rap

Statelinejacket, you are like a political party I know, if you cannot present facts, then lambast the other party with all kinds of names and innuendos. Try to make them sound foolish.

It is always the person that cannot cope with the facts that attempts to use this method.

Pity party, don't know the endzone from a zoneblitz, uneducated, etc.! Sure is a lot of facts you are throwing around.

What makes you think you know more about football than the other posters on the board? Do you have a bio of each poster and compare it with yours?

Uneducated! I thought most of these fans went to the same institute you attended!

Pity partiers! Could this not be said about those that are just mad because Mac did not get the job. It appears to me all the Gailey bashers are the same one's that wanted Mac to get the head coaching job!

Buzzfan, you left out one major fact in your post. Last year was absolutely the best schedule Tech could have wanted to go undefeated. Most of the major games were played at home.

This past year we had to play Maryland, Clemson, and NCSU at their house, three tough games. I will counter this with one fact to the Gailey Bashers, we did play Wake Forest here and lost.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Calling people who post on this board "morons" is totally uncalled for! I don't appreciate it as a poster of this board. I don't agree with everyone's feelings and not everyone agrees with mine but I would NEVER consider calling anyone names because of it!

Be a realist, these boards were MEANT for differing opinions, and yes even those who are not happy with our head coach ... but name calling should be out of this equation!

LOL!!

ahso, I fully expect to soon read how we should get rid of CG "for the children!"
wink.gif

Ahso: you need to read more of the post on this thread. I (and others who do not favor Gailey) was the one called a "moron" and uneducated about football. I have never called anyone any names on this board. You can look it up. I try to be civil about Gailey and it is the pro-Gailey crew on board last night that brought the name calling. I said I was in the middle of a CG Pity Party because that is exactly what they appear to be.

Here's the part I don't understand...we're in the midst of recruiting, when we want to put the best face on the program we can, show some excitement,etc., and the bashers are still out in full force. My question is what you are trying to accomplish? Do you want recruiting to be bad? Do you want the program to suffer? If you really love Tech you should want a great recruiting class and bowl game and for the team to do well next year. Even if you don't like Chan it seems you should just shut up until after this class is signed. Otherwise I have to question your motives and loyalty to Tech. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
had to weigh in ..

CPD8inNC .. the personnel that count are giving Chan more than a chance .. they're committed to Chan .. don't worry about morons on message boards
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso. MsTech: This is where the posters who do not agree with his opinions was discribe as "morons". Uneducated was brought up by same poster later on down.

Statelinejacket, I will cede to your point that the name calling is on both sides.

Buzzfan, I understand your remark about the children. It has really become the buzzword, to mask the broader meaning of their endeavors. Sorry about the use of buzzword, didn't mean a pun here.

wink.gif

i'll quote myself .. i said "don't worry about morons on message boards"

if anyone, i repeat, ANYONE reads that quote and believes that i am talking about him/her .. that person probably has a good reason to believe that .. i did not call anyone in particular a moron

i also, in this post, stated that someone's line of reasoning is moronic .. that does not equate to me calling that person a moron .. just his line of reasoning in that instance .. and i clearly stated that that was an opinion too ..

oh and is there someone out here who's going to argue that there aren't any morons on message boards? hell i am one!

so if you felt that i was directing my above quote to you .. lol dude .. talk about having a guilty conscience

oh and is there someone out here who's going to argue that there aren't any morons on message boards? hell i am one!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Now who's gonna argue with that?

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

i'll quote myself .. i said "don't worry about morons on message boards"

if anyone, i repeat, ANYONE reads that quote and believes that i am talking about him/her .. that person probably has a good reason to believe that .. i did not call anyone in particular a moron

i also, in this post, stated that someone's line of reasoning is moronic .. that does not equate to me calling that person a moron .. just his line of reasoning in that instance .. and i clearly stated that that was an opinion too ..

so if you felt that i was directing my above quote to you .. lol dude .. talk about having a guilty conscience
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Now I see I have a guilty conscience. Dude your not dragging me down into your mud tonight. I'll just ignore your post and you can ignore mine.

great idea .. get on with bashing Gailey and your life

To everybody on this board not involved in last nights mess. I hereby apologize and pledge it will not happen again. I am not a Chan Gailey fan. And it stems not from just the Georgia game, but from the moment we came out on defence in a monsoon in a nickle with Kelly Rhino having to cover a 6ft.5inch wide receiver when they threw and when they ran they did so at will. It started at that moment slowly. But I at least kept my arrows blunt thoughout the season because I continued posting that I dearly hoped Gailey and Suggs could turn things around. The first half of the Tech-Virginia game was a surprise to me but I thought I was all wrong after the N.C. State game. But a superior effort against Florida State was followed by a total lack of the same against Duke. Then the Georgia game. A total meltdown. There, the Stock Market is easier to predict than a Chan Gailey coached Georgia Tech football team. That being said I will not allow myself to argue Gaileys merits with posters who will stoop to name calling. Hopefully that will keep me from being flamed in the future because I will support the Jackets always. Just as I have for the last 30 years. But I don't do it with blinders on. I always do it with an eye to the future.

In my opinion, the ones who are al for the firing of Gailey are saying that with their hearts not their heads. It isn't reasonable to fire a first year coach who wins 7 games and gets to a bowl.

Also, think about this...say we fire that coach.

Would any coach in the country want to come to Tech then?

puke.gif

#1 We are Tech Fans...and passionate ones at that
#2 We have our own individual opinions that are valid
#3 None of us are pleased about the whoopin' we got by UgaG
#4 But how would you feel because of your own personal feelings either pro or con about Coach Gailey that a "friend" of OVER 30 years tells you to GO TO HELL and never wants to see you again because you do believe in Coach Gailey? It happened to me. And now I say to myself..."friend"???? So when someone here posts that everyone has their own opinion, they best look at themselves in the mirror before throwing more stones!

Originally posted by BLEEDGOLD:
puke.gif

#1 We are Tech Fans...and passionate ones at that
#2 We have our own individual opinions that are valid
#3 None of us are pleased about the whoopin' we got by UgaG
#4 But how would you feel because of your own personal feelings either pro or con about Coach Gailey that a "friend" of OVER 30 years tells you to GO TO HELL and never wants to see you again because you do believe in Coach Gailey? It happened to me. And now I say to myself..."friend"???? So when someone here posts that everyone has their own opinion, they best look at themselves in the mirror before throwing more stones!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's an awful story, Bleedgold. We all need to be careful with this explosive stuff, including me. My apologies to any fan of Tech, or any other school, who I might have offended.

Back