Charles Kelly to FSU as Linebackers Coach

Following the UNC game (I think it was this game), PJ said we obviously were going in a different direction with DC unless some significant improvement was shone. Following the Sun Bowl, PJ said CCK was in the mix but we were looking at several people and hadn't made up our mind.

I personally believe CCK didn't have much of a chance after BYU, UNC and Ugay.

"Kelly was the frontrunner and was likely to get the DC job at Tech, however, he withdrew his name due to a few reasons. First, his daughter’s about to start high school, and he wanted her closer to his family in lower Alabama, and that’s Tallahassee. Next, he felt like he’s just been at Tech too long as he was a holdover from Chan Gailey’s staff, and he didn’t want to be pigeon-holed into a one-team coach. Finally, Charles was just ready for a change of scenery, and being from a small town, and knowing Jimbo from their days together on staff at Auburn, felt comfortable at FSU. Kelly got along great with PJ and was very appreciative of being kept on staff at his hiring, and was very appreciative of being put into the interim DC role and given such serious consideration for the full-time role. He knew that he had a job as long as PJ was GA Tech’s Head Coach"

"Kelly was the frontrunner and was likely to get the DC job at Tech, however, he withdrew his name due to a few reasons. First, his daughter’s about to start high school, and he wanted her closer to his family in lower Alabama, and that’s Tallahassee. Next, he felt like he’s just been at Tech too long as he was a holdover from Chan Gailey’s staff, and he didn’t want to be pigeon-holed into a one-team coach. Finally, Charles was just ready for a change of scenery, and being from a small town, and knowing Jimbo from their days together on staff at Auburn, felt comfortable at FSU. Kelly got along great with PJ and was very appreciative of being kept on staff at his hiring, and was very appreciative of being put into the interim DC role and given such serious consideration for the full-time role. He knew that he had a job as long as PJ was GA Tech’s Head Coach"

What source are you quoting here?

Why would you ask? I think its pretty clear everyone in this forum has their sources, and they are all credible.

clint-eastwood-nodding.gif

hE89F64F7

Why would you ask? I think its pretty clear everyone in this forum has their sources, and they are all credible.

Well, I thought his use of quotation marks indicated that he was citing a source that was actually published somewhere (truthfulness issues aside, of course).

I mainly wanted to know where the "likely to be named as the DC at Georgia Tech" claim came from.

:biggthumpup:
PJ just lost Tech a very valuable asset with his stupidity.

Yeah, if it were me, I would have done the smart thing and SUPERGLUED HIM TO THE CHAIR SO HE COULDN'T LEAVE.

?

Yeah, if it were me, I would have done the smart thing and SUPERGLUED HIM TO THE CHAIR SO HE COULDN'T LEAVE.

?

I would have taped a red ball to his mouth, dressed in tight leather clothes, and got a leash for him

runningintotroublep1.gif

CPJ best not be running into no hairspray!

CPJ had to channel his inner John Lithgow and straight up Harry and the Hendersonsed CCK. It was very emotional (or so my sources say).

Yep. And while we were gushing over the last two defensive performances, maybe CPJ saw- 1) that we stunk it up in the 1st half against FSU, and maybe, like a typical Nole team who blew one againt NCSU this year, they lost focus on offense in the 2nd half AND 2) maybe the media was somewhat right and we played a USC team that didn't care, weather totally detrimental to SC's downfield passing strength, and a RS-Fr QB who wasn't ready for prime time.
I sat in back of Tech's bench on the 50 yd line, 20 rows up. I had a perfect view of what was happening on the sideline in the 2nd half. It has been many years since I saw our players get so fired up on defense. Kelly validated this performance in El Paso. Anybody capable of turning around our defense in half a season like he did certainly deserved a chance at DC. This was an incredibly stupid move on our coach's part and tends to validate my low opinion of him as our head coach.

CCK did a good job with the defense. He was probably our best assistant. But he was no slam dunk as a DC. His game planning wasn't very good. His adjustments were great. That makes an average DC. Maybe with an off season, his scheme would have worked. Maybe we would still get smoked in the first half. So CPJ choice was to go with an unproven dc, or let his best assistant go. CPJ clearly understands this is a make or break choice.

You coach my defense or I'll buy your daughter's high school and BURN IT TO THE GROUND! YOU HEAR ME!? THE GROUNNNNDDD!!!

Yeah, if it were me, I would have done the smart thing and SUPERGLUED HIM TO THE CHAIR SO HE COULDN'T LEAVE.?
If he was interested in the job and not offered, ur comment is invalid. If he was offered the job and he turned it down, ur comment is valid.
What fascinates me about this board is that we almost never have any facts on which to base our opinions, but since we all have such high intellectual skills, we never let the absence of any facts stop us from giving our opinion.

If he was interested in the job and not offered, ur comment is invalid. If he was offered the job and he turned it down, ur comment is valid.
What fascinates me about this board is that we almost never have any facts on which to base our opinions, but since we all have such high intellectual skills, we never let the absence of any facts stop us from giving our opinion.

Oh My ööööing God THIS.

I see what you mean:

:biggthumpup:
PJ just lost Tech a very valuable asset with his stupidity.

As long as 1992 is around, we don't all have high intellectual skills.

Back