Charles Kelly to FSU as Linebackers Coach

wouldnt attaochu want to know who his coach was gonna be next year before declaring? i think they already know who the DC is

wouldnt attaochu want to know who his coach was gonna be next year before declaring? i think they already know who the DC is

And here he is:

KSw6g.jpg

I just want to thank everyone for their contributions to this thread. It was a very insightful read, as now I know all the posters who have inside sources.

I was thinking we should give CK a shot, but at the same time, I considered it a gamble. I don't think he is "proven" (like Saban is "proven"), but I did think he plugged some holes in a ship that was sinking fast. He deserves credit for that.

The facts are:
1) whoever we hire is going to be a gamble.
2) the gamble better pay off or PJ may not be our coach in 2014. :frown:

The facts are:

You stole these facts from an inside source of mine.:wink:

An inside source told me you guys remind him of a bunch of dogs in a fenced in yard. One stranger walks by and the pack gets all riled up then they start fighting each other.

I just want to thank everyone for their contributions to this thread. It was a very insightful read, as now I know all the posters who have inside sources.

I was thinking we should give CK a shot, but at the same time, I considered it a gamble. I don't think he is "proven" (like Saban is "proven"), but I did think he plugged some holes in a ship that was sinking fast. He deserves credit for that.

The facts are:

Regardless of inside sources, PJ is not on any hotseat. He is graduating players, he beat UGA 20% of the time (which is what Ma Tech wants), he is the winningest coach ever at Tech after five years, he offers an offense that Tech students can run, etc. Certainly if we totally stink in 2013 then things can change, but with the team coming back and home schedule, I'd expect a decent record.

Good teams have good quarterbacks and we didn't for the last three years. Folks will give his new qb's time to grow up before they get rid of PJ. Unless of course, the prez doesn't like him personally.

Regardless of inside sources, PJ is not on any hotseat. He is graduating players, he beat UGA 20% of the time (which is what Ma Tech wants), he is the winningest coach ever at Tech after five years, he offers an offense that Tech students can run, etc. Certainly if we totally stink in 2013 then things can change, but with the team coming back and home schedule, I'd expect a decent record.

Good teams have good quarterbacks and we didn't for the last three years. Folks will give his new qb's time to grow up before they get rid of PJ. Unless of course, the prez doesn't like him personally.

I don't totally disagree, but the flip side is we've got a new Athletic Director coming in who may or may not put up with a 6-6 record. And as much as I believe we will not be 6-6, terrible defenses, such as we've had, have a tendency to cause losses.

Well, I would love to know the truth behind whether CCK was seriously being considered or not and whether CPJ's approach to decision making actually impacted his decision to leave. But, when subscribers say that the one of the most reputable paid-site sources reported something and then retracted it, it doesn't seem like we're likely to get a true scoop.

It also makes me glad I'm not paying for his reporting.

You stole these facts from an inside source of mine.:wink:

:lol:. We may have the same inside source. Mine told me that there were a good number of folks at GT that weren't too keen on Lance. Did yours say the same?

:lol:. We may have the same inside source. Mine told me that there were a good number of folks at GT that weren't too keen on Lance. Did yours say the same?

My sources say CPJ really wants to hire himself, he been doing a lot of background checks on this Paul Johnson character, he's very skeptical.

Well, I would love to know the truth behind whether CCK was seriously being considered or not and whether CPJ's approach to decision making actually impacted his decision to leave. But, when subscribers say that the one of the most reputable paid-site sources reported something and then retracted it, it doesn't seem like we're likely to get a true scoop.

It also makes me glad I'm not paying for his reporting.

Following the UNC game (I think it was this game), PJ said we obviously were going in a different direction with DC unless some significant improvement was shone. Following the Sun Bowl, PJ said CCK was in the mix but we were looking at several people and hadn't made up our mind.

I personally believe CCK didn't have much of a chance after BYU, UNC and Ugay.

Wommack was let go after one of his best games too. (Orange Bowl)

When things get ugly, like they did for the defense this year, it's common for the people involved to inadvertently turn it into a toxic environment. Things get said; people get blamed; tempers get lost; backstabbing occurs. Sometimes a fresh start is good for everyone. I don't know if that is what happened, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Back