Charles Kelly to FSU as Linebackers Coach

First of all anyone who has nearly 28000 posts on here needs to get a life.

Be specific about why these two coaches would not be good for Tech. They each:

1. Know Tech
2. Stellar recruiters regardless of what some retards think about our recruiting. The Hill is in control.
3. Have had succes in coaching outside of Tech.

If we make a complete D scheme change what do you think happens next year...we spend the year learning the scheme and giving up lots of points as our guys make mistakes.

IMHO. Continuity is a good thing here. Groh was the problem and he has been outed for not really coaching more trying to teach. We have talent and our coaching staff is good. We can make a dramatic improvement next year by staying the course that was charted the last few weeks of the season.
I have 28k posts because I don't care to write or read essays about retarded opinions.

Both Mccollum and Smith topics have been beaten to death on ST, I don't care to rehash.

I personally wanted to keep Kelly as DC, but to speak against Kelly (gt92 did) and then suggest Mccollum or Smith is retarded. I shouldn't have to explain.

Five years in to CPJ's regime and on this year's staff there was only one assistant that you would say was really strong - good coach, good recruiter, well-liked, rising stock. He is now a Seminole. Sad. I certainly hope we get a great DC, but CPJ gets a D- for building a staff so far.

I have 28k posts because I don't care to write or read essays about retarded opinions.

Both Mccollum and Smith topics have been beaten to death on ST, I don't care to rehash.

I personally wanted to keep Kelly as DC, but to speak against Kelly (gt92 did) and then suggest Mccollum or Smith is retarded. I shouldn't have to explain.

They were both probably considered and are as proven as Kelly. I haven't spoke out against Kelly, only pointed out that the overenthusiasm towards him for a very limited sample size is stupid. Calling him a "proven commodity" after the last 5 years of watching this defense is simply illogical. Most of you yahoos wanted to put Kelly in as DC without so much as looking around to what is available.

Smith and McCollum came up when BoR challenged me to name other possibilities that were equivalent to Lance Thompson. BoR apparently read that as I was espousing their hire when I clearly wasn't as some other retarded Yankee Cypriot also did.

Kelly had enough of PJ's ego and bull.

He will love Tallahassee and smile every time they beat the snit out if us. Remember....he prolly knows how to defend the HS offense we run, as well as anyone.

Cheers for Colonel Charles Kelly, Unconquerd.

In other news....Sewak gets big raise eating Spences share of pie!!

They were both probably considered and are as proven as Kelly. I haven't spoke out against Kelly, only pointed out that the overenthusiasm towards him for a very limited sample size is stupid. Calling him a "proven commodity" after the last 5 years of watching this defense is simply illogical. Most of you yahoos wanted to put Kelly in as DC without so much as looking around to what is available.

Smith and McCollum came up when BoR challenged me to name other possibilities that were equivalent to Lance Thompson. BoR apparently read that as I was espousing their hire when I clearly wasn't as some other retarded Yankee Cypriot also did.
You still don't get it, but that's expected from a retard who thinks Allegheny flows up a mountain and can't read a graph.

I feel like Kelly probably wanted to change schemes for the 3rd (4th?) time in 6 years, and Johnson didn't approve. Perhaps Johnson really does want a 3-4 guy, hence why we're talking to Bama people.

I hope CPJ knows way more than I do. Over the last 3 years CCK had turned down several inquiries from schools including Alabama, Georgia and Auburn. He wanted to stay at GT but obviously had higher aspirations than staying a position coach where he had been turned down as DC.

I don't know if he thinks 3-4 is the answer (I would hope not) but I have the feeling he wants to avoid transition as much as possible. his seat is still warm; he doesn't have 3 years to wait.

Kelly was interviewed. So were others and Kelly's performance plus interviewing didn't get him the job. Maybe CPJ knows something you don't.

Kelly was not interviewed. You're talking out of your ass.

This. I can give you a pass on the first awful DC. I could even give you a pass on the second. But letting a proven commodity walk away like that is just ööööing stupid on every level.

You would prefer PJ handcuffed him to a desk? Kelley Quinlan said CK didn't ask for and didn't want our DC job, he wanted a change of scenery.

This.

You would prefer PJ handcuffed him to a desk? Kelley Quinlan said CK didn't ask for and didn't want our DC job, he wanted a change of scenery.

He also went back on that statement after people had a conniption fit.

My concern over this is we could do a lot worse than Kelly. CPJ better have a rockstar come in if he let Kelly go like this.

Why put Kelly at DC? Maybe it was Kelly that Groh had trouble with. He gotbhis shot and did better thn Groh. But Kelly's game planning wasn't great. His in game adjustments (at the half) were outstanding.

Kelly was a good recruiter and a great coach. He'll be missed. We'll see who gets the DC and how they do.

We've got at least two slots open to fill. Tack on W going back to special teams and the defensive staff is wide open for a good dc and a couple of recruiters.

Not that I wanna add to the "my sources" thing but I have to post this. I know from one of Kelly's good friends (I know how that sounds) that before the bowl game he wanted to stay at GT no matter what and that he felt it was his home. I am not sure what has changed and I haven't been able to talk to my friend yet, but I do know that Kelly did not have a huge problem with cpj before and actually was not a fan of Groh.

Not that I wanna add to the "my sources" thing but I have to post this. I know from one of Kelly's good friends (I know how that sounds) that before the bowl game he wanted to stay at GT no matter what and that he felt it was his home. I am not sure what has changed and I haven't been able to talk to my friend yet, but I do know that Kelly did not have a huge problem with cpj before and actually was not a fan of Groh.

I think it's probably as simple as CPJ letting him know he was not going to be hired at DC and might have told him up front that he should pursue any offers that come his way.

I think it's probably as simple as CPJ letting him know he was not going to be hired at DC and might have told him up front that he should pursue any offers that come his way.

But being realistic is so boring! :hsughcry:

Back