Chip Long - New OC

Has as good a resume as anyone we could have hoped to hire in this miserable situation. It is likely he will be named interim coach like O'Leary was somewhere around mid-season.
If he has the same performance as GOL, that would be great. One of the biggest burrs in my saddle is losing GOL. I have no doubt, had he just told ND no to start, that we would have been at the top of the ACC yearly with FSU and pretty much reshaped the ACC. GOL was a fantastic coach. Organized. Precise. Great coach. Chan was good at being the pro coach able to still bring in talent, but GOL could have retired at HC/AD of GT had life been more kind to us.

If he has the same performance as GOL, that would be great. One of the biggest burrs in my saddle is losing GOL. I have no doubt, had he just told ND no to start, that we would have been at the top of the ACC yearly with FSU and pretty much reshaped the ACC. GOL was a fantastic coach. Organized. Precise. Great coach. Chan was good at being the pro coach able to still bring in talent, but GOL could have retired at HC/AD of GT had life been more kind to us.
agreed. The next coach in will need to not only coach differently but bring a culture change. A no nonsense, focused on discipline and raise expectations type coach.

It’s all ööööing Bob Davies fault. He was on the hot seat and had a murderous schedule. Instead of tanking and getting fired he won and got an extension. Then the Fridge went to Maryland.

The next year they went to öööö and hired GOL. And the Fridge was already gone….

It’s all ööööing Bob Davies fault. He was on the hot seat and had a murderous schedule. Instead of tanking and getting fired he won and got an extension. Then the Fridge went to Maryland.

The next year they went to öööö and hired GOL. And the Fridge was already gone….
And, sadly for us, Fridge grew to hate Maryland, despite playing there, because of how poorly he was treated

On a related note, a former coworker of mine said that Fridge, in his youth, would come out and play rugby with them at Maryland. Said he was just brutal and my friend learned quickly to stay away from Fridge. Said he played on level 10 at all times and was rough.

Can we get Long to coach defense also? I know it’s asking a lot but we are in ‘big ask’ territory right now.

Back