Chip Long - New OC

All the ND folks say he was a good OC and was fired because he was a hard-ass that butted heads with Brian Kelly. That's what we need is someone to hold folks accountable.
The word at ND that some boosters shared with me was that Long was a poor recruiter and so abrasive that nobody got along with him, including other coaches, staff and players.

All the ND folks say he was a good OC and was fired because he was a hard-ass that butted heads with Brian Kelly. That's what we need is someone to hold folks accountable.
I heard the idiots on 680 yesterday afternoon talking about Long. One of them said he was told Brian Kelly called Long and asked Long to come to LSU as part of his new staff. But Long said no to Kelly.
Who knows if this is true or not.

I don't care about any of that. I need to know if he blows smoke up the fans' asses at press conferences
Ain’t gonna blow smoke… more like paddle the asses
1638893458702.gif

I heard the idiots on 680 yesterday afternoon talking about Long. One of them said he was told Brian Kelly called Long and asked Long to come to LSU as part of his new staff. But Long said no to Kelly.
Who knows if this is true or not.
I heard the same elsewhere.

The word at ND that some boosters shared with me was that Long was a poor recruiter and so abrasive that nobody got along with him, including other coaches, staff and players.
His recruiting doesn't look too bad to me.

Also, Brian Kelly is also well known for being abrasive, could've been just they butted heads. I've heard quotes from former ND players that liked Long and never really knew why he was fired.

$800,000.00 for Long's first year, $850,000.00 for the second (if he gets a second one). At least it puts us in the neighborhood, salary-wise, with other ACC schools. You got to take a chance. He couldn't possibly be worse than P'Nut.

Good. The next time Gef decides that practice should be a dress up battle between Klingons and Stormtroopers in the shadows of Mordor, someone will be there to tell everyone that it’s ööööing stupid and that they should practice blocking instead.

Bobby Ross made $300k in his 1st year at Tech. 34 years ago but still. Wage inflation in CFB is out of control...
Or rather it is finally catching up to where it ought to be. Coaches really matter, and their salaries are largely paid for by willing consumers who like the services they provide. Sounds like a match made in American heaven.

His recruiting doesn't look too bad to me.

Also, Brian Kelly is also well known for being abrasive, could've been just they butted heads. I've heard quotes from former ND players that liked Long and never really knew why he was fired.
Can't recruit?!
At quick glance I saw a Future NFL TE, a starting WR for the Patriots, and a freaking gunslinger that plays for Memphis... and that was just the top 5 names.

Bobby Ross made $300k in his 1st year at Tech. 34 years ago but still. Wage inflation in CFB is out of control...
Bill Curry made $45k or so in his first season at GT.

Back