Chip Long - New OC

"Long's offense runs some similar concepts to the spread that Patenaude used but has more motion, more tight ends and more under the center concepts in short-yardage and the red zone as well as more power running play concepts that all play into the Jackets' current personnel."
Hope so.
Our current personnel who all entered the portal?

5wwroz.jpg

Sometimes it is more about the Jimmies and Joe's than Xs and Os. Tulane isn't known for being able to recruit at a high level.
This times 1,000!

CPJ beat GA with lots of jimmies and joe's in 2008. Those same players would have done well in a pro system with any coach other than CCG. When CPJ couldn't keep the talent at that level, we regressed. He said more than once that talent will beat the scheme if the gap in talent is big enough.

I'm not a big CGC fan and I was ready for CPJ to go. Within that context, we should all be cheering hard for CGC to succeed because if he (considered a good recruiter) can't get the jimmies and joe's we need to win, we may as well play at the FCS level.

Pyron's highlights are great. Sharp passer and just a great athlete. That is one commit we've got to hold

This times 1,000!

CPJ beat GA with lots of jimmies and joe's in 2008. Those same players would have done well in a pro system with any coach other than CCG. When CPJ couldn't keep the talent at that level, we regressed. He said more than once that talent will beat the scheme if the gap in talent is big enough.

I'm not a big CGC fan and I was ready for CPJ to go. Within that context, we should all be cheering hard for CGC to succeed because if he (considered a good recruiter) can't get the jimmies and joe's we need to win, we may as well play at the FCS level.
Please don’t buy the narrative that Collins is the only coach we could hire who can recruit. Just because he tells us how awesome he is doesn’t make it so. He’s not Lavar Ball. There are hundreds of head coaches we could hire who can coach a team and also recruit the state of Georgia. Collins has the right plan regarding recruiting. We have enough players in this state that UGA, Auburn, FSU can get theirs and we can get ours. The problem is that ever6 kid in high school right now only ever saw GT run the option or just random plays from shotgun. Eventually we’ll hire the right guy that kids want to play for and they’ll see positive results. But right now we are definitely in a lost decade territory.

Are you serious? A press conference at a time when there are guys in that locker room that are hurting and when there are hugs needing to be given?
Besides, a presser would provide perhaps meaningful information to the fans, and he doesn't give a rip about the fans.

Back