Chip Long - New OC

I know this guys a troll but writing off a player because he’s not playing as a second year QB is dumb. Not only Godsey but how about Kyle Trask? Threw 24 passes in 3 years, backup. Joe Burrow threw 39 passes in 3 years then transferred to LSU. Those are two off the top of my head.
There are many reasons guys become backup QBs early besides “they suck”

This hire was always destined to disappoint a lot of people. I realized that when I saw so many last week thinking that Dan Mullen as OC was anything more than a pipe dream.

Guys with lots of options or looking to breakthrough into a p5 gig were always going to be wary of hitching their wagon to a coach on the hot seat.

This guy isn't a splash hire, but he's had actual success calling plays at a major program. That's not nothing. I have no clue what happened at Tulane this year, but I don't see a compelling reason for why this particular season should weigh heavier than his other 4 as an OC.

he does have a decent head of hair so he isn't walking around with a dead rat on top of his head while sporting a Kim Jong Un hair cut,
so theres that .... still a 2-10 guy from Tulane so its bargain basement shopping, probably a leg up from P'nut.
This made me laugh for 5 minutes

Don't know about Long - wish him the best - On another note I found these excerpts about Napier as UF coach interesting and he learned them at Bama. If this is the future of CFB then most will not be able to afford it - open your wallet. What is an "analyst" BTW?
New Florida Gators coach Billy Napier plans to hire 'unprecedented' support staff

Napier had close to 40 analysts at Louisiana-Lafayette and could end up with even more in Gainesville. In addition to a $7.5 million annual budget for 10 assistants, Napier got a $5 million pool to build a support staff that includes analysts.

We're going to hire an army of people here," he said. "We're going to create an infrastructure not only in the personnel department but also from an on-campus recruiting, creative media, name, image and likeness. We've got a great vision for the organization that we're going to create here."

Stricklin made it clear he's open to the changes that are coming, no matter the cost. "He gives such a compelling reason to why these things are going to help make the Gators better," Stricklin said.

"We might have to go build some barracks, right?" Stricklin said jokingly.

That's just ööööing gross

If we're trying to see if this is the right fit, I guess the question is, is our program more like ND or more like Tulane. Hmmmm

If we're trying to see if this is the right fit, I guess the question is, is our program more like ND or more like Tulane. Hmmmm

I dunno much about Tulane but it isn't Fritz an option out of the shotgun kind of guy? It may have just been a weird fit philosophically or personnel-wise.

It seems like the answer to reforming college football is obvious: limiting the number of people who can provide services to each team. Recruiting staff limited, analysis limited, coaching staff limited.

At least his offense never got shut out.
It was going to be hard to find an OC for what may be a 1 year job. I'm surprised they got someone to give up even a G5 OC job unless he was about to get fired anyway.

Looks like 5 of Tulane's losses were by one score. If they win those, they would be bowling.

Back