Chip Long - New OC

432CB34A-DB17-423A-B4CC-C213022E2447.jpeg
He will fit right in here :facepalm:

Tech would have gone 2-10 with that schedule this year.

This is a higher profile hire than Patenaude. He’s apparently known for being a hard ass which is something we desperately need on this team. I’m going to support this hire. Let’s see if they bring in a new qb coach and get those OL and QB transfers for next year. Then we might just be ok.
Depends on what you mean by ok.
The hard ass part is the main hope of anything being different. If that leads to changing how we do practice, preparation and accountability as a team (defense included), we could see a much different outcome. I'm worried that's a bit of a Long shot though unless all the new assistants are similar.

Well, you can go into it with a high level of doubt and be a miserable SOB like most of the people on here. Or you can try to give this guy a chance and be excited for a fresh voice and perspective on the coaching staff. I choose the latter, but whatever…different strokes for different folks.
This would have been a great post prior to 2021 season.

Depends on what you mean by ok.
The hard ass part is the main hope of anything being different. If that leads to changing how we do practice, preparation and accountability as a team (defense included), we could see a much different outcome. I'm worried that's a bit of a Long shot though unless all the new assistants are similar.
What are his thoughts on money down, ATL charts, juice crews, and lifting weights on the sideline?

I’ll be honest. There’s not a lot short of beating uga 222-0 that Collins can do to impress me after the cumulative effect of the past 3 years.
Well, that’s a retarded take that’s not going to work out for you. I certainly understand why everyone’s frustrated, but saying this guy is a dead man walking before the season even starts sets you up to be miserable.

Well, that’s a retarded take that’s not going to work out for you. I certainly understand why everyone’s frustrated, but saying this guy is a dead man walking before the season even starts sets you up to be miserable.
Collins presence does that just fine with or without a new OC. But maybe Tech finds a diamond in the rough in this process. I’m not much of a “we just need change” to fix things kind of guy but….the staff has been so bad it’s fairly true for Tech football at this point.

I think the main frustration I have is that this guy may be just blandly better enough to improve the results to a level of average where it won't be clear if we can truly reach the success we ultimately want or not.

Back