CJ Leggett (3* RB) names GT as Leader

1,734 yards, 20 plus TDs on a turf toe and playing in that region?
3-star my ass. That's under rating a kid.

Stats aren't a great way to evaluate kids. If they were Marcus Wright and Charles Perkins would have been 5 stars

Stats aren't a great way to evaluate kids. If they were Marcus Wright and Charles Perkins would have been 5 stars

Perhaps. But his level of competition and doing all that on a turf toe is impressive. I've seen my share of guys build up stats who were high star kids (one of them just committed to THE Ohio State ... good player but not nearly the dominant force I expected) and too many of these kids get their star ratings from these off season camps, where they go off measurables. I still think they should judge these kids by performance, too, and Leggett's shown he can do that.

He wears number 7, just like Mickey Mantle, so there you have it ... :cool:

He wears number 7, just like Mickey Mantle, so there you have it ... :cool:

Hopefully he doesn't get his drank on like The Mick.

But Mick didn't get to be a professional drunk until after college age.

1,734 yards, 20 plus TDs on a turf toe and playing in that region?
3-star my ass. That's under rating a kid.

What exactly is "turf toe"? Does it heal over time or require surgery?

But he played through it in the playoffs and still delivered big time?
I posted same ??? on McKenzie thread first by mistake.

Any stats of just the playoffs?

What exactly is "turf toe"? Does it heal over time or require surgery?

But he played through it in the playoffs and still delivered big time?
I posted same ??? on McKenzie thread first by mistake.

Any stats of just the playoffs?

Turf toe is a hyperextension sprain of the first M/P joint (ball of the foot behind the big toe.) It is very painful and aggravated by walking and especially running. (Think of grabbing your big toe and pulling it toward you until it snaps.) You treat it by putting a carbon plate in the shoe to minimize motion of the big toe, but it doesnt do much to limit pain

Turf toe is a hyperextension sprain of the first M/P joint (ball of the foot behind the big toe.) It is very painful and aggravated by walking and especially running. (Think of grabbing your big toe and pulling it toward you until it snaps.) You treat it by putting a carbon plate in the shoe to minimize motion of the big toe, but it doesnt do much to limit pain

Thanks! Got my mind in gear and Goggled it. will try and Google the 6 A playoffs

OK...just watched his highlight reel and must admit I like him even better than Shai McKenzie. He's going against top tier talent in the state and dominating. Shai looked like he was playing against pee wee league rec teams.

C.J. Leggett (Sr) 29 106 3.66 yd avg
C.J. Leggett (Sr) 6 61 10.17 per catch

His stats in final 6 A championship game. Has to be tough. The toe had to be at its worse since this is last game. Hope he doesn't bail at signing day.

I believe the Ivy League schools have something towards a policy that a lack of financial resources will not be the reason an accepted applicant does not attend. In other words, if you are accepted there but cannot pay for it, they will find the money for you (combination of loans + scholarship).

So a full-ride athlete at an Ivy League school would be a full-ride student even if he (or she) weren't an athlete. That is a clear distinction between the Ivy League and everybody else.

There is also what's called "Family Contribution". The family does contribute unless you have zero income.

I was an IV League parent in another life.

121513_hs6a_game_04.JPG

I wonder what happens when ugag offers him last minute just to keep him from going to GT...

He will become a 4 star, maybe a 5

And maybe "Herschel 2014" even ... which I actually don't believe is going to happen, he's an obviously bright kid with parents that can understand the benefit of a GT education.

Back