CJ Leggett (3* RB) names GT as Leader

I wonder what happens when ugag offers him last minute just to keep him from going to GT...

Georgia fans will wonder why they signed such a low ranked guy and say that he'll never play. Then he'll end up getting significant playing time as a true freshman due to injuries to Gurley and Marshall, and look pretty good. Then he'll fumble away the Vanderbilt game and have fumbling issues all season. Then Georgia fans will be awful to him.

Just a guess.

Oh, but this quote is troubling:

"When asked if he was finished with recruiting, Leggett said, “I’m not sure. Right now, I’m just enjoying the commitment.”"

Georgia fans will wonder why they signed such a low ranked guy and say that he'll never play. Then he'll end up getting significant playing time as a true freshman due to injuries to Gurley and Marshall, and look pretty good. Then he'll fumble away the Vanderbilt game and have fumbling issues all season. Then Georgia fans will be awful to him.

Just a guess.

"When asked if he was finished with recruiting, Leggett said, “I’m not sure. Right now, I’m just enjoying the commitment.”"

You can almost be Certain that this type quote is a Carvell UGAG homer gig against GT, he is so far up CMR's butt I expect that their coach won't need a colonoscopy for many years as the proctologist would not be able to get past the Carvell blockage, any decent objective paper would have canned that tool years ago but he and the AJC pander to the Gagger faithful as their primary goal

What an A-hole but zero surprise to see this type of 'reporting' on anything remotely positive to GT

Knowing Carvell what he really asked was "Are you done with recruiting even if Georgia puts cash in your locker and hires some strippers to have $ex with you?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

What a öööö thing to say.

"Commitment" apparently means having a reservation to this kid. I'd hope we'd take that in mind if another good RB magically becomes available.

Knowing Carvell what he really asked was "Are you done with recruiting even if Georgia puts cash in your locker and hires some strippers to have $ex with you?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

See cyclejacket's post. Absent context we shouldn't overreact to the quote, especially considering Carvell was the interviewer.

"Commitment" apparently means having a reservation to this kid. I'd hope we'd take that in mind if another good RB magically becomes available.

Guess Carvell missed this Scout interview with him by Dale McDuffie:

“I decided that Georgia Tech was the place I want and need to be for college. I love the way the coaches at Tech have plans to use me.” Leggett likes to run between the tackles but his quickness can also get him into open space. “I am very happy with my decision and to be honest I am glad my recruitment is done. I am going to be a Yellow Jacket and my recruitment is done."

Last edited:

Will even make it a Tech? He doesn't seem to know the definition of commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess Carvell missed this Scout interview with him by Dale McDuffie:

“I decided that Georgia Tech was the place I want and need to be for college. I love the way the coaches at Tech have plans to use me.” Leggett likes to run between the tackles but his quickness can also get him into open space. “I am very happy with my decision and to be honest I am glad my recruitment is done. I am going to be a Yellow Jacket and my recruitment is done."

:biggthumpup:

He conveniently left off the wording of the question that asked him if he was finished with recruiting.

Given how Carvell works, this is likely the exchange

Obviously Georgia Tech has a terrible football team and no women. So let's say you're not academically eligible to attend one of their 5 women-less majors, would you consider a much better school like Georgia?

I’m not sure. Right now, I’m just enjoying the commitment.

Leggett is a tweener 3/4 star recruit (really high 3-star rankings, and similarly low 4-star rankings). That's not a bad thing at all, but I wouldn't expect him to move up in the ratings services at all because he lacks elite top end speed.

He can and does make up for a lot of that with his vision and power but those services aren't likely to put guys who will regularly get caught from behind in their top 20 RBs.

I prefer to read this as:
"I'm not sure, I think there is some paperwork and stuff I have to sign in February. Right now, I'm just enjoying the commitment."

I thought all Carvell did was tweet pictures of himself on the sidelines at the Dome or on vacation in Hawaii.

I thought all Carvell did was tweet pictures of himself on the sidelines at the Dome or on vacation in Hawaii.

Also finds time to talk about how "boring" the SECCG was going to be, and how the SEC is the only conference in the country that actually plays football.

Back