Clemson v. Alabama

Are you saying Clemson defense is better than the Alabama defense? I don't buy that...

For what's it's worth, it's probably more practical to evaluate Clemson defense against Alabama offense and vice versa.
Clemson DBs are absolutely better. The DL and LBs, talent wise, are a wash. I'd say the Clemson defense is more talented than Alabama, which I know sounds ridiculous to those brainwashed by ESPN propaganda. ESPN is #fakenews. Alabama defense is probably more consistent which I attribute to Saban having mind control over his players...or just finding workarounds to the practice time limitations.

I'm not sure Bama can score 30+ on Clemson D and history shows that Bama D doesn't do well vs. high power spread teams

Since 2013

A&M 42 (Manziel)
Auburn 34( Nick Marshall)
Ole Miss 23
Ohio St 42 (Cardale)
Ole Miss 43 (Chad Kelly)
Clemson 40

Clemson 31-17

I expect Bama to win until someone proves me otherwise. When has Bama and/or Nick Saban played in a national championship game and lost? They lost in a semi-final game once and BCS bowl games a few times, but not sure they've ever lost in 'The Ship.'

How the hell is everyone accounting for either side scoring 30+ points? Have you seen these defenses? This is going to be a field goal festival. Clemson just has to score enough of them to make up for the defensive touchdowns they are going to give up when Watson throws a pick.

I expect Bama to win until someone proves me otherwise. When has Bama and/or Nick Saban played in a national championship game and lost? They lost in a semi-final game once and BCS bowl games a few times, but not sure they've ever lost in 'The Ship.'

Ohio St. 2014

How the hell is everyone accounting for either side scoring 30+ points? Have you seen these defenses? This is going to be a field goal festival. Clemson just has to score enough of them to make up for the defensive touchdowns they are going to give up when Watson throws a pick.

I guess you didn't watch the game last season. Once again Bama still struggles vs. high powered spread teams. Closest team they played similar to Clemson is Ole Miss and they put 43 on the vaunted Bama D

I guess you didn't watch the game last season. Once again Bama still struggles vs. high powered spread teams. Closest team they played similar to Clemson is Ole Miss and they put 43 on the vaunted Bama D

These aren't the same teams as last season. And I don't put much credence into early season results as predictors of bowl games, either. Data says otherwise.

Both of these teams just got done struggling/middling on offense and dominating on defense in their semifinals, and both teams are weighted that way anyways. O/U per Vegas is 52, btw, so if you feel like 40-45 is likely there's some free money waiting.

Yeah but that was Ole Miss, not Clemson. You know, SEC west, best 7 loss team, etc.

I think the freshman QB for Bama cracks under Clemson pressure. Clemson rolls.

How many defensive touchdowns does Bama score tonight? I think that's the big uncertainty lurking under the surface.

Watson can be a little careless with the ball, and Bama DBs have been making teams pay all season.

Bama gets 7 points on defense tonight, but I think Venables more consistently puts his players in position to make big time plays.

Lol and Oregon vs auburn was the most offense ever, too.

With Kiffin out of the picture, Bama's strength on offense is Clemson's weakness: Power running game & play action passing to TE/RB. The same thing that killed Clemson against Pitt. Bama's defense has been way more blitz oriented under Pruitt this year. It will be interesting to see if they come after Watson. If so, he's got the ability to burn them but also the propensity to make a big time mistake. I could see this one going either way, but I think Bama will outlast them once again.

C1wQlJMWgAIoT11.jpg

Back