Coach Gailey in Newnan...

tc4gt

Varsity Lurker
...next Tuesday, June 3 for anybody that is interested. If so, respond here or email me at tc4gt@aol.

Program will include heavy hors d'ouvres and is $20/each.

not interested. not interested one bit in hearing our team's great leader (insert sarcasm!). Now if a rep from the team or one of our assistants was there, then I'd go, but I'll not support Gailey.

Want him to do well? of course. Can he do well? Based on last years most pitiful coaching performance...no way.

We need a change quickly and sad to say we'll suffer through a whole other season before he is let go bc "it wouldn't be right to do anything after one year". What a waste.

Thanks Gailey for the drubbing we took from Ugag...worst game I've witnessed from a Tech team from a performance and coaching perspective. Thanks Gailey for losing to Fresno State in that lowly bowl where they lost like 8 STARTERS the week before. Thanks Gailey for that steller recruiting class you brought in. Thanks Gailey for your close involvement with the team academics and making sure everyone stays on the team. Thanks for all that leadership.

Go to Newnan to see him....no freaking way.

mad.gif

Wish we could just cancel the Farewell Tour by cancelling Gailey's contract and move forward with some positive new direction for our football team.

For kicks, who would you hire? My vote is Bill Curry for AD and bring O'Leary back as coach.

If I didn't live in San Antonio I'd be there. It's so nice to see so many fair weather fans posting. They are on the bandwagon when things are going well but let problems hit and they jump on everything and everyone. So don't go, good bye good riddence(sp). It's nice to see the Hive castoff's over here spewing their venom. Bill Curry ok but to hell with O'Gone the turn coat.

Like him or not, the O'Leary years were some the most competitive teams we've had...remember our little ol streak against Ugag?

Sure I do I also remember BD's streak against the mongrels. But O'Gone is gone never to return and I would not like him back until we see the bucks! Also, do you remember after the fridge?

GeeTee, if you insist on mentioning the three straight victories against UGA under O'Leary, I am compelled to mention his 0-4 record against UGA without Friegden.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

GeeT. not everyone is anti or pro CCG. I for one want to wait and see until he has had a decent chance. O'Liar left the cupboard bare so CCG had to start from scratch and his 7-5 did equal O'Liars last year.

oh no...not the he had to "start from scratch" defense for Gailey. The talent was/is there. The only time that argument can be applied is when our next coach is hired bc Gailey's recruits as a whole so far aren't exactly filling the cupboard.

I've said it before many times, our cupboard was not bare, but it was not as stocked as some seem to think. But the biggest problem for Gailey was at QB, and we'd have had that problem if O'Leary had stayed IMO. With good QB play last years's team would have won 9 at least.

Our cupboard was so full we had players drafted to the NFL in every round in fact we had 2 or 3 drafted in every round. Also, the entire senior class was drafted by the 3rd round. being factious of course but a good measure of a team is did they have 1 or 2 drafted we in fact had none. So lets face facts we did not have many truely outstanding athletes. Good one yes but if you really look at the teams that were outstanding they had several in the 1st 3 rounds. Hate to use Uga as an example but see how many they had in relation to us. So no more of O'Liar left us with many outstanding athletes.

Originally posted by GeeTee:
oh no...not the he had to "start from scratch" defense for Gailey. The talent was/is there. The only time that argument can be applied is when our next coach is hired bc Gailey's recruits as a whole so far aren't exactly filling the cupboard.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GeeTee: VERY, VERY TRUE and I'm not a bandwagon fan ... I'm always a fan like you. This coach like all others works for GT!! That's all. We've been here longer then he has and long after he's gone. Bandwagon is if you don't support the TEAM, we all support the TEAM!!!!! That's why I go to these games to support the TEAM!

Another thread where Chan-Haters use their amazing foresight to bash Gailey and how we are doomed to fail. Wee.

I'm with you ncjacket.

ncjacket, tommie & The Jacket... the players quit on gailey on the field against eweGAG & Fresno.. then they quit on him in the classroom... why are you so bitter 'cause many fans have followed the players' lead & quit on gailey themselves?

Last season was NOT ONLY about a QB!! Even with Suggs, Gailey was outcoached by Bowden/Clemson, Grobe/Wake, Freidgen/Maryland, Bowden/FSU and the Coach/Fresno!! Those were games we were in with Suggs, let me say it again WITH SUGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gailey never adjusted to the coaching moves across the way - ALL these games were winnable as far as our talent vs. their talent was concerned, the difference maker was the COACHING!! HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THIS - COACHING! As bad as Suggs was on several occasions with mistakes he made ... those losses were about the coach on the other side being better!

It's funny how some here forget "on purpose" about the 2 wins against VA and NC State, how Seniors HAD TO HAVE TEAM MEETINGS FOR MOTIVATION!! Where in the world is the man guiding the darn ship! When I read team meetings by seniors, I knew know no one was on board as the "captain" ... we were sinking and drowning and "our seniors" saved us - not our coach! That is sad and not acceptable.

As marginal a QB as Suggs was - there were 4 games that could have been won with him!

Back