Coach Gailey in Newnan...

NC.. we were blown out by UGA, lost to Fresno after they lost what.. 6 or 8 starters.. then on gailey's dime he loses 10 players to academics.. that's equivalent to a VP of sales who takes over a successful sales force, losing many big accounts & having his sales drop dramatically.. Let me assure you, I've never worked in any organization and neither have you where an individual with that kind of dubious track record is not under a tremendous amount of scrutiny, criticism & pressure..

Ever been to a stockholders meeting where a new CEO takes over and starts out well for the first 6 months & the last 6 months of the year the stock goes into the tank? You think those stockholders sit around saying, "gosh golly gee, he's a good guy with a handsome resume, let's give him a chance... he's our guy & WE HAVE GOT TO SUPPORT HIM NO MATTER WHAT!".. I'm sorry.. that isn't reality...

I guess you're right about the complaining. I almost sound like a UGAg fan. I wonder if Richt would be in their good graces still if they had lost the Clemson, SC, Alabama, Florida (they did), and Auburn games? I know close don't get it, but they were very close to 7-5 also. Richt would have been looked upon as another Donnan. Of course Donnan never lost mor than 4 in a season.
Maybe Bilbo will realize how big and strong he is and come out of his shell and try to play Vick-like. He does have a cannon for an arm. Then recruiting will get easier and Chan will look like a genius.

It is reality. The CEO or Board of Directors calls the VP on the carpet and ask him, "what is wrong?".

The VP tells them he has a few disgruntled employees because the system has been changed and he has one of his AVP's who is not effective.

The CEO or Board of Directors tells him to make the necessary changes, but they expect better results from now on.

This is exactly what has happened with Gailey. He has made the changes and now is expected to have better results. So the CEO and Board of Directors normal plans are being observed To-a-Tee.

We have the same results. There are a few of the employees (players) who are upset about the AVP O'Brien) being canned and the employees will have to toe the line with the new administration.

wink.gif

BeeBad, I didn't say he doesn't deserve criticism. It's fair to blame him for the showing (or lack of) against Ugag and Fresno St. I'm still not sure how he's the fall guy for the academic problems, to me that sounds more like Braine. Also I don't think it's quite right to compare him to the CEO. Again that's moer Braine to me, Gailey is more like the new COO who was set up by the top guy to take the fall.

MsTechAnalysis, your last post is nothing more than opinion, and I respect this kind of post. It is still an opinion, and we have to wait and see if it turns out to be true or false.

There are as many or more opinions stating BOB was the possible problem with the offense, so we have to wait and see which opinion is correct.

Gailey stated up front, he would give BOB the authority to run the offense.

Personally, I was disappointed Gailey did not make a change before the season ended and replace BOB with Nix. However, it was his decision to keep BOB as OC for the entire year, and it cost Gailey in the long run.

At least, he did get rid of BOB after the recruiting season was finished. He did rectify the problem, but he may have waited too late.

So, you have two opposing opinions. A new year without BOB should shed further light on the matter.

If the team does well under new offensive leadership, it will vindicate the opinions of those who thought BOB was the problem.

If the team bombs out, it will vindicate those who thinks Gailey is the problem.

I see one main thread running among most all who want to get rid of Gailey before this season starts. Most all anti-Gailey posters are the same ones who have admitted they did not want Gailey as the coach before his first game at Tech.

There is another common thread among the Gailey bashers, and that is an anti-Braine sympathy.

Pesonally, I am not linked to Clough, Braine, nor Gailey. It would not be any skin off my nose if any or all of them were canned. My interest lies with the football team and its ability to win games, plus my sense of fairness.

Since it is obvious the dissenters have a common goal to send both Braine and Gailey packing, I offer a qustion.

If Gailey is the problem, why would you want to send Braine packing? If Braine is the problem, why would you want to send Gailey packing? I don't remember reading a single post wanting Braine to be fired while O'Leary was here.

It appears most of the dissenters are those who wanted Mac, BOB, or Roof as the new coach and would have been against any new coach at the time Gailey was hired.

The only saving grace out of this dilemma is the fact none of the above will get the job, and the group knows they will have to settle for another coach from another source.

If it happened, I guess the firing of the replacement coach would give them some consolation for hiring one other than the three mentioned.

rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by BeeBad:
ncjacket, tommie & The Jacket... the players quit on gailey on the field against eweGAG & Fresno.. then they quit on him in the classroom... why are you so bitter 'cause many fans have followed the players' lead & quit on gailey themselves?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">When they quit on Gailey, they abandoned Georgia Tech. As you have stated above, you're doing the same thing.

I'm bitter because so many of these "fans" are cowards who can't take it when turmoil comes our way and believe major sucess is going to come with no effort or hardship.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
MsTechAnalysis, your last post is nothing more than opinion, and I respect this kind of post. It is still an opinion, and we have to wait and see if it turns out to be true or false.

There are as many or more opinions stating BOB was the possible problem with the offense, so we have to wait and see which opinion is correct.

Gailey stated up front, he would give BOB the authority to run the offense.

Personally, I was disappointed Gailey did not make a change before the season ended and replace BOB with Nix. However, it was his decision to keep BOB as OC for the entire year, and it cost Gailey in the long run.

At least, he did get rid of BOB after the recruiting season was finished. He did rectify the problem, but he may have waited too late.

So, you have two opposing opinions. A new year without BOB should shed further light on the matter.

If the team does well under new offensive leadership, it will vindicate the opinions of those who thought BOB was the problem.

If the team bombs out, it will vindicate those who thinks Gailey is the problem.

I see one main thread running among most all who want to get rid of Gailey before this season starts. Most all anti-Gailey posters are the same ones who have admitted they did not want Gailey as the coach before his first game at Tech.

There is another common thread among the Gailey bashers, and that is an anti-Braine sympathy.

Pesonally, I am not linked to Clough, Braine, nor Gailey. It would not be any skin off my nose if any or all of them were canned. My interest lies with the football team and its ability to win games, plus my sense of fairness.

Since it is obvious the dissenters have a common goal to send both Braine and Gailey packing, I offer a qustion.

If Gailey is the problem, why would you want to send Braine packing? If Braine is the problem, why would you want to send Gailey packing? I don't remember reading a single post wanting Braine to be fired while O'Leary was here.

It appears most of the dissenters are those who wanted Mac, BOB, or Roof as the new coach and would have been against any new coach at the time Gailey was hired.

The only saving grace out of this dilemma is the fact none of the above will get the job, and the group knows they will have to settle for another coach from another source.

If it happened, I guess the firing of the replacement coach would give them some consolation for hiring one other than the three mentioned.

rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso: If Chan had won all the games I said HE was outcoached by - I would NOT be posting this - It has absolutely nothing to do with my thinking there was someone better out there. I go to the games no matter the coach - I expect GT to win even if the line says we're underdogs, why go if I don't! Waste of money and depression on the way home. I'm not the best person after a Tech loss, even if the other team was better!

My expectations were lowered and I react to what I SAW!! It's like the hiring process I explained above - once you come on board do you "mirror your resume" and are you successful - everything, and I Mean everything was against the grain with this coach. Not one thing stood out in his performance - at $900k a year, someone is getting a free ride and all the while OUR TEAM SUFFERS.

Originally posted by The Jacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BeeBad:
ncjacket, tommie & The Jacket... the players quit on gailey on the field against eweGAG & Fresno.. then they quit on him in the classroom... why are you so bitter 'cause many fans have followed the players' lead & quit on gailey themselves?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">When they quit on Gailey, they abandoned Georgia Tech. As you have stated above, you're doing the same thing.

I'm bitter because so many of these "fans" are cowards who can't take it when turmoil comes our way and believe major sucess is going to come with no effort or hardship.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Where does the "coward" analogy come in. A coward doesn't speak their piece - they cower in a corner and do and say nothing, while others suffer!! They're afraid, indignant and non-accountable...let's see who does that describe??????????

cow·ard     P   Pronunciation Key  (kourd)
n. One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dictionaries work much better than making up definitions.

Yeah, it hurt when the mutts thrashed us but under no circumstances would I have abandoned my team. If he was a coward then he would have done what most people on this board wanted him to do and left. That would have made him a coward.

Gailey's only been here a year and shows more loyalty than some who have been following for up to half a century.

You give any of us 900K a year for a morbid performance & we will all be VERY loyal also.. If gailey's performance continues like it has since the eweGAG game, let's face it.. he's stealing money...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> cow·ard     P   Pronunciation Key  (kourd)
n. One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dictionaries work much better than making up definitions.

Yeah, it hurt when the mutts thrashed us but under no circumstances would I have abandoned my team. If he was a coward then he would have done what most people on this board wanted him to do and left. That would have made him a coward.

Gailey's only been here a year and shows more loyalty than some who have been following for up to half a century.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Where's the loyalty resume for Chan? He has none yet. You build your loyalty bridges over time. Yes, years do matter and his years will only matter here if he wins and is successful. His loyalty will be based on productivity.

As fans, our years matter for being there for the TEAM, win or lose - coaches come and go, we are the stalwart group, we're always here! I don't care if you are for Chan or against Chan, I would never perceive a fan of GT as not being loyal, it's the school and team that invariably initiates loyalties. If the Coach happens to be good and lead us to great heights, then he gets added to the loyalty equation! He hasn't garned that yet.

I didn't gravitate to supporting this school's football team (or other athletics) because who the coach(s) were. The school came first, then the teams. I found out who the coaches were after that.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
]Loyalty means - going to the games when you could sit anywhere because there were only 18,000 people in the stands and - no, I didn't like the coach then either. And you continue to go, when Auburn, Tenn, FL, UGA, brings more fans then you have in the stands as the Home Team.

Loyalty means - going to every game while you go 1-10 and are the laughing stock! Talk about players wanting to transfer!! Forget the fans, we came.

Loyalty means - buy season tix - no matter what, and you don't have a job to pay for them. You borrow the money!

Loyalty means - speak up when you see something not right for the honor of your SCHOOL AND TEAM.

Loyalty means - going to those away games when Tech was off the radar locally and nationally and getting our butts kicked, but going anyway and always hoping for the best! Hoping that the ride home would be something positive to remember.

Loyalty means - let those know when you are not happy with what's going on - ALL FOR THE SCHOOL AND TEAM.

Loyalty means - support the coach when he does the job right, is competitive and wins. He's a paid employee not a God. You need to earn your paycheck!

Loyalty can be in the eyes of the beholder and how ever they perceive it. That's my loyalty and how I perceive it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I would respond, but I don't really know what you're trying to achieve. Telling me your definition of loyalty gets us nowhere.
confused.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You questioned Loyalty if we didn't support the coach - I just gave you my definition!

NCJ: Thanks for your response and appreciate your Loser retraction - I honestly did not believe you could feel that way about passioinate GT fans.

As a fan who is not smitten with this coach because of all the reasons I believe him to be over his head and not the right place for him, I will always respect those who believe he is the right person. I will differ but not condone anyone.

Enjoy your posts and insight.

MsTA, sorry again for slight. And for the record, I'm not sure Gailey is the right guy, he's just the guy right now. As long as we have him I'm hoping he gets his act and the team's together. If we suck this year I'll be on him as much as anyone if I think it was his failure. Right now I just think he's suffering as much from stuff out of his control as he is from any shortcomings he may have.

this thread is four years old...funny thing is, the posts can be fast forwarded and applied to current day... and the beat goes on...

Back