Coach Gailey in Newnan...

I think that this thread stinks. There is enough irrational, bitter, ranting here to turn anyone off. This kind of talk does no one any good.
confused.gif

Adios geetee, va con Dios.

Yep, that is what is called the quitter's mentality. "The blind leading the blind, and both shall fall into the ditch".

I offer the exact opposite opinion of leadership. We were not getting the leadership from the offensive coordinator. He did not know how to assist a quarterback, nor has he ever played offense.

We had no leadership on offense, nor to train the quarterback. Suggs inneficiencies is a direct correlation to the coaching abilities of BOB.

It was not Gailey coaching the quarterbacks. We already have proof through his other jobs, that he knows how to run offenses and groom quarterbacks.

Last year was BOB's only attempt to groom a quarterback and he failed miserbly.

We got rid of that problem, now we have two good men who are good with the offense and quarterbacks.

"A child shall lead them". We have players who quit on the coach last year. Instead of admonishing the players for quitting, some adults(?) want to follow the example of the kids (children), bash the coach, and quit on the team.

Do these people think we want to follow such poor immature examples?

We shall see the results at the end of the year.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Yep, that is what is called the quitter's mentality. "The blind leading the blind, and both shall fall into the ditch".

I offer the exact opposite opinion of leadership. We were not getting the leadership from the offensive coordinator. He did not know how to assist a quarterback, nor has he ever played offense.

We had no leadership on offense, nor to train the quarterback. Suggs inneficiencies is a direct correlation to the coaching abilities of BOB.

It was not Gailey coaching the quarterbacks. We already have proof through his other jobs, that he knows how to run offenses and groom quarterbacks.

Last year was BOB's only attempt to groom a quarterback and he failed miserbly.

We got rid of that problem, now we have two good men who are good with the offense and quarterbacks.

"A child shall lead them". We have players who quit on the coach last year. Instead of admonishing the players for quitting, some adults(?) want to follow the example of the kids (children), bash the coach, and quit on the team.

Do these people think we want to follow such poor immature examples?

We shall see the results at the end of the year.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Coach Gailey is the Head Coach and 20 years older then Billy O'Brien - if he was as smart and knowledgeable on offense as you say, why in the world would he not OVERRULE HIM AT EVERY TURN if what "he" saw wasn't going to work???? If indeed Billy O'Brien were that incompetent - you as the head man see this, why wouldn't you change it and allow your team be in a better position to win? Isn't it all about THE TEAM?

You keep talking about his resume - paper doesn't move players to greatness and doing it right - people, teachers,coaches do. You think Gailey copied his resume and gave a copy to each of the players and said, "read this and you will succeed"! Heck NO!!

I get resumes All the time with great credentials and work history - it does not mean it's always the right person with the best ability. Sometimes you find out that it wasn't quite what was written or the person may have had credentials but this particular environment didn't suit them. They weren't able to lead this particular group - they were over their head.

Resumes are a piece of paper that get your through the door and ultimately with other factors - a job. It's after you have the job how successful are you? And do you indeed mirror your resume? After one year at the flats with what this job entails from every aspect - I'd say no.

you're right. We should not hold Gailey accountable for anything that happened last year on the feild or even remotely associated with the academic fiasco.

He is only the head coach and we should forget about the players quiting on the feild last year and in the classroom, too. It is their fault. It is the assistant's fault. Gailey is the best ever. We are truly blessed to have him.

MsTA, once again you make impeccable sense & blast the gailey excuse machine right out of the water... gailey just doesn't seem to have the perception to see things before or even while they are happening... He's always left to wait until after the fact to realize he's blundered yet again... BOB, the academics, his game situations, choice of QBs... doesn't matter...

If I had his record of unachievement this past 6-7 months I'd be spending my time slinking around in little podunk towns a couple hours from ATL too...

Where's the loyalty resume for Chan? He has none yet.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't misuderstand, the purpose of that post was not claiming great loyalty on Chan's part. One can have nothing and still have more than another... er.. yeah.

You build your loyalty bridges over time. Yes, years do matter and his years will only matter here if he wins and is successful. His loyalty will be based on productivity.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree whole-heartedly. I have not been in this thing for nearly as long as some of you have, and my loyalty may not match up to yours but my loyalty is maxed out for the amount of time I've been a Tech fan and I don't know how I could be more loyal right now. I'm young, have no clue on how to donate to the ATF, and don't understand many things concerning the interior and administration of this program. I'm still learning and want to be as involved as possible. I am of the opinion that many on this board have dropped from their high-loyalty ranks because of the recent situations.

You build your loyalty bridges over time. Yes, years do matter and his years will only matter here if he wins and is successful. His loyalty will be based on productivity.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I disagree. I think many have lost loyalty due to the rough season and more difficult off-season.

I didn't gravitate to supporting this school's football team (or other athletics) because who the coach(s) were.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'll second that. Many, if not everyone here would probably say the same thing. What I want to know is why then are they going to lose faith and quit on the team when they don't like the coach?

Jacket:
I have not seen ANYONE here quitting on the team, quite the opposite, however you perceive things everyone will continue to support THE TEAM!

Out of all the posting I have done here, I don't think there is one person here who will not be in the stands come August or who will not follow this team via TV/radio ... Tech has more loyal fans in that respect then most.

I'm not the one making this information up. If you've got a beef with someone concocting(sp?) the idea of Tech fans qutting, it's with BeeBad because he's admitting and saying others are quitting the team.

(This has actually had little/no tension to it, for me at least. Unlike many people, not just on this board, you actually read what other people have to say and take it in. For that I salute you.)

Originally posted by The Jacket:
I'm not the one making this information up. If you've got a beef with someone concocting(sp?) the idea of Tech fans qutting, it's with BeeBad because he's admitting and saying others are quitting the team.

(This has actually had little/no tension to it, for me at least. Unlike many people, not just on this board, you actually read what other people have to say and take it in. For that I salute you.)
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The Jacket, you say you salute MsTech for actually reading other people's posts... Why don't you try reading others' posts yourself..? I didn't say many fans have quit on the team.. I said they quit on gailey... Big difference my long-beaked friend..... Allow me to salute you .. with single digit pointed skyward! lol

My original quote: "why are you so bitter... 'cause many fans have followed the players' lead & quit on gailey themselves?"

No thanks, I got it the first time around.

I said that when they quit on the coach, they quit on the team.

That's my position and I still stand firm on it.

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by The Jacket:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The Jacket, you say you salute MsTech for actually reading other people's posts... Why don't you try reading others' posts yourself..? I didn't say many fans have quit on the team.. I said they quit on gailey... Big difference my long-beaked friend..... Allow me to salute you .. with single digit pointed skyward! lol

My original quote: "why are you so bitter... 'cause many fans have followed the players' lead & quit on gailey themselves?"
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: I didn't think YOU had ever done that, or anyone here. Coaching, now that's another story.
frown.gif

I know I'm late getting back into this thread, but just want to clarify something. I'm not bitter about anything. I personally don't care if Chan is our coach or not or if Braine is our AD. I want Tech to win and to win the right way. I just don't like it when people exaggerate or make things up to make their point, and if I think that is happening I'll point it out.

You may say that Chan could have won more even with Suggs at QB, I say we're lucky we won what we did with him in there with the way he performed. That's a disagreement. (If Suggs starts next year, I'll admit to being disappointed that no one beat him out. But I will pull for him to show me last year wasn't the real him.)

But if you say Chan should have known what his players were doing or not in class, I say he was told to butt out. That's not a disagreement IMO, that's an employee following his employer's instructions. It doesn't mean it was the way I'd have run things and says something about Braine's understanding of what needed to happen IMO.

Now if Braine and Chan are both gone in July (from another post) I don't really care. But if they are still here then I think the negative posts about our team are detrimental to our players and our prospects. That's an opinion. And it doesn't bother me in the least if you disagree. Just don't jump on me when I take you to task for your opinions either.

Here's another opinion. I never quit on coach in my playing career and I've never quit on a team or player in my coaching. Anyone who does is a loser IMO whether they be a player, coach or fan. You win with 'em and you lose with 'em. Quitting on a coach is the same as quitting on a player in my eyes. The real problem with internet boards is that what is okay in a private conversation becomes public. To me that's really the problem. If we were standing around a bar talking like we do here I would have no problem. But when it's in the open for everyone to see it changes things. So for the record, I'm for Braine, Chan, Suggs, and everyone else on any of our teams. I was for O'Leary too. But if they leave, I'm for whoever takes their place.

Originally posted by The Jacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> Where's the loyalty resume for Chan? He has none yet.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't misuderstand, the purpose of that post was not claiming great loyalty on Chan's part. One can have nothing and still have more than another... er.. yeah.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree whole-heartedly. I have not been in this thing for nearly as long as some of you have, and my loyalty may not match up to yours but my loyalty is maxed out for the amount of time I've been a Tech fan and I don't know how I could be more loyal right now. I'm young, have no clue on how to donate to the ATF, and don't understand many things concerning the interior and administration of this program. I'm still learning and want to be as involved as possible. I am of the opinion that many on this board have dropped from their high-loyalty ranks because of the recent situations.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I disagree. I think many have lost loyalty due to the rough season and more difficult off-season.

I didn't gravitate to supporting this school's football team (or other athletics) because who the coach(s) were.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'll second that. Many, if not everyone here would probably say the same thing. What I want to know is why then are they going to lose faith and quit on the team when they don't like the coach?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Loyalty means - going to the games when you could sit anywhere because there were only 18,000 people in the stands and - no, I didn't like the coach then either. And you continue to go, when Auburn, Tenn, FL, UGA, brings more fans then you have in the stands as the Home Team.

Loyalty means - going to every game while you go 1-10 and are the laughing stock! Talk about players wanting to transfer!! Forget the fans, we came.

Loyalty means - buy season tix - no matter what, and you don't have a job to pay for them. You borrow the money!

Loyalty means - speak up when you see something not right for the honor of your SCHOOL AND TEAM.

Loyalty means - going to those away games when Tech was off the radar locally and nationally and getting our butts kicked, but going anyway and always hoping for the best! Hoping that the ride home would be something positive to remember.

Loyalty means - let those know when you are not happy with what's going on - ALL FOR THE SCHOOL AND TEAM.

Loyalty means - support the coach when he does the job right, is competitive and wins. He's a paid employee not a God. You need to earn your paycheck!

Loyalty can be in the eyes of the beholder and how ever they perceive it. That's my loyalty and how I perceive it.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
I know I'm late getting back into this thread, but just want to clarify something. I'm not bitter about anything. I personally don't care if Chan is our coach or not or if Braine is our AD. I want Tech to win and to win the right way. I just don't like it when people exaggerate or make things up to make their point, and if I think that is happening I'll point it out.

You may say that Chan could have won more even with Suggs at QB, I say we're lucky we won what we did with him in there with the way he performed. That's a disagreement. (If Suggs starts next year, I'll admit to being disappointed that no one beat him out. But I will pull for him to show me last year wasn't the real him.)

But if you say Chan should have known what his players were doing or not in class, I say he was told to butt out. That's not a disagreement IMO, that's an employee following his employer's instructions. It doesn't mean it was the way I'd have run things and says something about Braine's understanding of what needed to happen IMO.

Now if Braine and Chan are both gone in July (from another post) I don't really care. But if they are still here then I think the negative posts about our team are detrimental to our players and our prospects. That's an opinion. And it doesn't bother me in the least if you disagree. Just don't jump on me when I take you to task for your opinions either.

Here's another opinion. I never quit on coach in my playing career and I've never quit on a team or player in my coaching. Anyone who does is a loser IMO whether they be a player, coach or fan. You win with 'em and you lose with 'em. Quitting on a coach is the same as quitting on a player in my eyes. The real problem with internet boards is that what is okay in a private conversation becomes public. To me that's really the problem. If we were standing around a bar talking like we do here I would have no problem. But when it's in the open for everyone to see it changes things. So for the record, I'm for Braine, Chan, Suggs, and everyone else on any of our teams. I was for O'Leary too. But if they leave, I'm for whoever takes their place.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NcJ: I respect your opinion. Internet boards are for discussion of all kinds - differing opinions are ususally in the mix and quite often the norm. I wish I had had the opportunity to come on here when GT was doing well - I can only imagine how much fun it was.

I don't think this board was meant for us to all agree. I would love that to be the case but under the current situation, it's not likely to happen. I wasn't on this board during our 10-2 season a few years back, but I can guess it was nothing but good - GT was good!

Obviously, I'm sorry you consider us losers if we decide to state our feelings and they are not in defense of this coach for what we perceive him to be as our coach. I've never been a loser in my lifetime and you probably aren't either.
We (our family) support the coach when he does things well enough that supports that big paycheck he's getting.

I guess until then - put me in the LOSER'S BRACKET.

MsTA, I enjoy your posts and your opinions. You are one of the few who are decidedly anti-Chan who express their feelings in a reasonable way. As I re-read my earlier post it was probably stronger than I meant. I certainly don't think you are a loser, I just can't understand giving up on someone who is associated with Tech. Being disappointed I can agree with, thinking they might not be the best person for the job I can buy, but to actually give up, especially after one year is hard for me to come to grips with. I mean, it took me a couple of years to come to the realization that it was probably in everyone's best interests if Bobby C stepped down.

Sorry if I offended, perhaps it was a bit strong. But I think you probably understand where I'm coming from.

NC.. Maybe you will agree with this.. fraternities/sororities have hazing for new members, sports teams have hazing for "rookies" or "freshman"... when a new employee comes into a tightly knit organization or department they are not automatically accepted... They have to EARN respect & loyalty of their co-workers...

Same with a new coach.. he has to earn the respect of the fans.. You may not agree with that, but obviously by example it is the way many people think... BC was here many years, worked very hard.. earned everyone's respect, and even tho his last 4 years were lean he earned the right to stay on way past his productive years... gailey hasn't earned it.. when a new employee in a company or a new member of a fraternity/sorority isn't pulling their weight I'd say criticism & skepticism are quite common, wouldn't you? So what's the problem?

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
]Loyalty means - going to the games when you could sit anywhere because there were only 18,000 people in the stands and - no, I didn't like the coach then either. And you continue to go, when Auburn, Tenn, FL, UGA, brings more fans then you have in the stands as the Home Team.

Loyalty means - going to every game while you go 1-10 and are the laughing stock! Talk about players wanting to transfer!! Forget the fans, we came.

Loyalty means - buy season tix - no matter what, and you don't have a job to pay for them. You borrow the money!

Loyalty means - speak up when you see something not right for the honor of your SCHOOL AND TEAM.

Loyalty means - going to those away games when Tech was off the radar locally and nationally and getting our butts kicked, but going anyway and always hoping for the best! Hoping that the ride home would be something positive to remember.

Loyalty means - let those know when you are not happy with what's going on - ALL FOR THE SCHOOL AND TEAM.

Loyalty means - support the coach when he does the job right, is competitive and wins. He's a paid employee not a God. You need to earn your paycheck!

Loyalty can be in the eyes of the beholder and how ever they perceive it. That's my loyalty and how I perceive it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I would respond, but I don't really know what you're trying to achieve. Telling me your definition of loyalty gets us nowhere.
confused.gif

Bill Curry:
Great coach, but he left us, we didn't leave him. I still admire him and I still wish he had never left GT. BUT HE DID. And it was his decision.
Bobby Ross:
Great coach, but he left us, we didn't leave him. More power to him if he did better.
GOL:
Great coach, but he left us, we didn't leave him. Will not stand in the way of anyone bettering themselves.
Fridge:
Great coach, but he left us, we didn't leave him. In fact, he left us right when we needed him for a bowl. He left us to go in direct competition with us. Goodbye Fridge.
Point being:
We have had some wonderful coaches at GT but they quit on us. They are gone now and most from their own decisions. How can we just keep on ranting about how good they were when the fact shows, THEY LEFT US. NOW, we need to rally behind the leader we have whether you happen to like him or not. Give him some credit and support for at least three years. Personally, I would like to see him get 4 or 5 years to work with just to counterbalance the hard time that he has worked through so far. At that time if he hasn't produced, then let's see about making adjustments in the coaching dept.
All the bitching, whinning, and crying that we do will never produce anything but more bitching, whining, and crying.
Had a HS Football coach that was big on motivation. He posted motivational signs all over the the field house. One that has stuck with me for many years is "Winners never quit and quitters never win". Another one that we had read "It doesn't matter the size of the dog in the fight, just the size of the fight in the dog." We just graduated on that fell into that category by the name of Rhino.
Fellows, we had some players quit on GT. Whether they quit via grades, or for whatever the reason, they laid down and quit. We just had one player to quit out of the clear blue sky last week. Does anyone know for sure why he quit? If you claim to know, can you prove it? We have had some coaches quit on GT. B.O'B. for one is the latest that I'm aware of. If and when they quit, good ridance. Just less quitters to be concerned about. We may have come out on top here since they quit now instead of quitting in the fall.
Hey, you're either for GT or against GT. You decide for yourself.
If you are truly for GT, you will start supporting instead of tearing down.
If you are truly a GT fan, you will get tougher when the heat gets turned up as it did against UGA and that silly bowl game and start finding some way to support more.
If you claimed to be a GT fan in a room full of bulldogs, would there be enough evidence to prove your being a Tech fan?

BeeBad...here's where we differ. I've never been part of a team where hazing had the ugly side some of our postes have exhibited since Gailey was named. Sure the rookies have extra duties, get picked on, etc., but they also always new the old-timers had their back. When I've changed jobs or when new people come on at my company, the folks already on the payroll go out of their way to help them get up to speed. If problems occur they get whatever assistance and support they need to get things going right. In direct contrast to what you posted, we do accept them because we expect them to succeed. And just so you know, we're in the USN$WR top 100 companies to work for, have enjoyed double digit growth for the 5 years I've been here, and lead our industry. So no, I don't agree with your basic premise.

But to take it further, maybe you can explain your version of hazing to me. Is it to test the newcomer and make him fail? So if he survives he's earned his place and if he doesn't he shouldn't have been here to start with? I know that's the way we treat kids in class, although I've never understood why.

So this has been Gailey's hazing period and he's failed? That would explain the high number of posters who were anti-Chan before he ever coached a game. Like I've said before, I don't care who our coach is I want to win. I'm a Chan supporter now because he's our coach. If he's gone, I'll support whoever takes his place. But I hope I never have a public reaction to any Tech coach like some do on these boards. It's embarrassing to the poster and to Tech IMO. That doesn't mean I'm talking about everybody who criticizes, I'm talking about the ones who insist on making stuff up and blaming the man for everything that's happened for the last two years. He's made some questionable decisions, and he's suffered from some incredible bad luck. I swear some of the people posting here want to see us go 0-12 next year just so he'll be fired. That's what kills me.

No one can honestly say Gailey has failed? An initial record of 7-6 and a bowl game is not a failure. If he failed, O'Leary failed in 2001.

One very rediculous point that has been made is the fact a person has to earn respect. Gailey has one year at Tech and a few want to get rid of him because these same few never wanted him from the git-go.

If you did not want him from the beginning, how did he have the chance to earn respect? How does a coach have a chance to earn respect in one year? If a coach has to earn respect, give him the years to earn it.

There have been some pretty rediculous statements made on the board by the lynching party that cannot be backed up by facts nor sane reasoning. It is evident the bias was there from the beginning.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Back