Coach Pelton interviewing with OU

I sure hope he stays also but if we don't come close to matching, or bettering their offer, he's probably good as gone. I hope he developed some relationships here that keep him here but if he didn't, then he's got no ties here. He's no Ted Roof with his ties to GT and if you look at his resume, he's probably going to keep cashing in. Our only hope would be if he sees, as someone else pointed out, that Stoopes might not be around after next season.

I sure hope he stays also but if we don't come close to matching, or bettering their offer, he's probably good as gone. I hope he developed some relationships here that keep him here but if he didn't, then he's got no ties here. He's no Ted Roof with his ties to GT and if you look at his resume, he's probably going to keep cashing in. Our only hope would be if he sees, as someone else pointed out, that Stoopes might not be around after next season.

Anyone catch what happened to the previous one? Did he leave, get fired, die, ect?

If he was fired as part of a sweep of the defense to improve it, not always the best situation to walk in to, may mean there is a real risk of the whole staff getting booted in a year or two.

Anyone catch what happened to the previous one? Did he leave, get fired, die, ect?

If he was fired as part of a sweep of the defense to improve it, not always the best situation to walk in to, may mean there is a real risk of the whole staff getting booted in a year or two.

Wasn't that the same situation when he came here? :turbonoes:

Wasn't that the same situation when he came here? :turbonoes:

Close, though there we only fired the DC, not any of the position coaches. Though also some theorized that the danger was more in just the entire offensive side being fired and Roof would take over, complete speculation though. If Stoops goes though everyone probably goes.

I could near double my salary I think but I would lose my job security. I'm not interested in the risk right now.

Coaches don't have job security, but DL at GT is orders of magnitude more secure than Oklahoma right now.

Johnson's contract is very much inline with his peers. In fact, all the big wins this year were against coaches who make more than he does.

If Tech had an OC, making what Roof makes, then CPJ, according to your logic, should only be making around $2M. That would put him way below market value.

But the HC salary has always been below market value... Gailey only made $1 million a year. Johnson steps in and makes more than double that. Granted he has won more than Gailey. But it also has to help at least a little that Johnson is both the HC and the OC.

Of the 17 DL we had in 2013, only 7 returned for 2014. So 7 non-true-frosh DL. Only 1 returning DL starter. 4 scholarship DTs. A true frosh WDE starting.

Ok, granted. He didn't have a lot of horses. But it's not like he worked a miracle or anything. DL was still the weak link. I don't see a reason to get upset over this.

Ok, granted. He didn't have a lot of horses. But it's not like he worked a miracle or anything. DL was still the weak link. I don't see a reason to get upset over this.

He's generally considered a good recruiter....with good ties to the SouthEast region.

He's brought in:

Matthew Jordan
Tyler Merriweather
Jalen Johnson
Gary Brown
Brentavious Glanton
Kyle Henderson
Trent Sellers

Correct, so far I think he had had his biggest impact recruiting and I think he's one of those guys that could turn into a recruiting monster after another year or two building on momentum for Tech.

Quick, someone check the Twitter accounts of all of our d line recruits and see how this makes them feel!

Peloton is the man I think we take a step back if he's not here next year I hope he stays

öööö Pelton for even interviewing. He ruined everything.

Ok I'm done overreacting.

Fire him when he comes back.

Please don't go coach Pelton!

Back