Coaches that are as good as fired in 2011

You are right on Giggity being out in Oxford, though. If they were smart, they'd end the Cutcliffe experiment at Duke and atone for their mistake in firing him by bringing him back.

I don't see Duke firing Cutcliffe. He looks like he's winning just enough for that kind of program.

If you're looking for an experiment that should be over it's at Boston College.

I don't see Duke firing Cutcliffe. He looks like he's winning just enough for that kind of program.

If you're looking for an experiment that should be over it's at Boston College.
Oh, no, Duke would be insane to fire Cutcliffe. I mean Ole Miss should bring an end to Duke's experimentation with success and Cutcliffe and bring him back to Oxford. Duke will be patient with Cutcliffe as long as he keeps making progress toward getting into a bowl game (so long as he doesn't plateau at 5-7 for several years).

I see (swami hat) the algroh experiment coming to a close (Thanks, Al!) Nutt being shown (is that a werd?) the door at Ole Miss and Groh being hired there as HC.

Don't think we'll see groh as a head coach again. I think he is very content being a defensive coordinator. Especially with an all offense head coach like cpj.

Why is everybody saying Dooley at Tennessee should at be fired? This is only his 2nd season at Tennessee and he has one of the, if not the, youngest teams in the country. It's going to take him about 2 more years to build the Tennessee program back up, especially considering the mess he ran in to with inheriting Kiffin's problems.

Why is everybody saying Dooley at Tennessee should at be fired? This is only his 2nd season at Tennessee and he has one of the, if not the, youngest teams in the country. It's going to take him about 2 more years to build the Tennessee program back up, especially considering the mess he ran in to with inheriting Kiffin's problems.

He has a good QB also

Oh, no, Duke would be insane to fire Cutcliffe. I mean Ole Miss should bring an end to Duke's experimentation with success and Cutcliffe and bring him back to Oxford. Duke will be patient with Cutcliffe as long as he keeps making progress toward getting into a bowl game (so long as he doesn't plateau at 5-7 for several years).

? duke Plateauing at 5-7? öööö thats a MNC for Duke based on the last 10 years

Mike Stoops
Rick Neuheisel
Houston Nutt
Luke Fickell

There will be more but right now these are the no brainers.

The last people that should be trashing NC State are UNC fans. State has owned UNC recently. I think the last 4 or 5 in the series.

Yes, because this kind of rationale keeps Tech fans from trashing UGa. :rolleyes:

Mike Stoops
Rick Neuheisel
Houston Nutt
Luke Fickell

There will be more but right now these are the no brainers.

really dont get how you say rick is in that group of "no brainers" and you leave out stoops

Nah, Kansas beat their FCS opponent and their non-AQ opponent. The Goofers lost to their FCS opponent (albeit a top-five FCS squad that plays godawful boring B1G-style football some days...beat Southern IL yesterday 9-3, missing a freakin' PAT...thrilled both my teams are undefeated, but disgusted at both offensive performances yesterday) and one of their non-AQ opponents.

He's still a first year coach with a team that lost to an FCS team last year. No AD at a school still paying the previous coach or two is going to fire him. Of course, they could claim medical reasons for getting rid of him.

I work with an ND State fan who has been letting the downtrodden Minnesota fans know who won. I actually have my MBA from the U, so I support them to a point. If you want a deal, UM football tickets for students are a joke. A few years ago, a season long package was less than $40.

If you want a deal, UM football tickets for students are a joke. A few years ago, a season long package was less than $40.

Ummm... they are only $36 for GT students if they want reserved season tickets. IIRC, 2,500 are given away each game for free.

Ummm... they are only $36 for GT students if they want reserved season tickets. IIRC, 2,500 are given away each game for free.
I think got bumped to $49 this year.

I think they were $46 this year, but nevertheless it's still cheap.
Combined with the athletics fee, it's actually not that cheap, it's close to $200. Oz bought tickets from the GTAA for all the games and he spent something in 200s for all of games combined.

And that's for an odd-year.

Back