Coffee is for Closers Paul!

If Tech fires CPJ next year, everyone will say that the next coach only won with CPJ's players, when, in fact, CPJ would have also won with those players, exactly like Chan would have won with his 2007 and 2008 classes.

CPJ is showing changes and adjustments, as have been documented many times before. The two latest coaching hires have obviously emphasized recruiting prowess. Nine wins this year, and a few 4* defensive players next year, and Tech will be just fine.

If CPJ ever gets fired no one will be saying that. He's emptying the cupboard every year. We'll need to be patient and let the next coach get some talent.

then go fix our recruiting instead of spitting your garbage all over the forums. let us know when you join so we can tell you how you're doing.

Why take a pay cut? Assuming I'm not making Roof's cash. I've outlined simple examples of what to sell and in a way how to sell it. Free advice over here. Tell the GTAA to pay attention.

Why take a pay cut? Assuming I'm not making Roof's cash. I've outlined simple examples of what to sell and in a way how to sell it. Free advice over here. Tell the GTAA to pay attention.

contracting work on the side? c'mon man, we've got to get you over there. i know you can fix our problems.

:rolleyes:

contracting work on the side? c'mon man, we've got to get you over there. i know you can fix our problems.

All I know is the öööö isn't this hard. We got a bunch of great football minds and very little salesmanship. It shows up every time PJ opens his mouth. He sounds either irritated, angry, or condescending. That öööö doesn't sell to 17-18 year old kids.

If Paul wants to win big he's got to change his ways and he's got to mix his coaching staff with guys who can sell GT. Like I said before, he took a step in the right direction with Roof and Pelton, but it may be too late. Time will tell.

Some of you are ööööing pathetic. Oh woe is me... We suck.

Wasn't that pretty much your top post as well?

We need to be selling that 1/6 of tech grads end up millionaires. We need to be selling that to Mom.

We also, unfortunately, probably need to figure out how to buy Mom a new car or whatever else Ole Miss / Auburn / Etc is doing. Hopefully Roof will have an idea how Auburn was breaking the rules and bring in a way to implement it here.

If Tech fires CPJ next year, everyone will say that the next coach only won with CPJ's players, when, in fact, CPJ would have also won with those players, exactly like Chan would have won with his 2007 and 2008 classes.

Chan had his chance. He didn't win big with Tashard Choice and Calvin Johnson. He wasn't going to win with Joshua Nesbitt running a pro-style offense.

Money talks and bullshit walks - if you want to improve recruiting, I suggest you break out that roll and start buying some Caddys ...

This. Unless we start shelling out the big bucks we will never have a top 10 recruiting class.

Plus BOR is a negative only poster.. So take what he said with a grain of salt. As far as i'm concerned GT is a WIN NOW team, so i'm not to worried about a group of kids that will be riding the pine in '13. At least we got a kicker that put it through the uprights and still may get one of the best prospects from Tennessee.

Hopefully Roof will have an idea how Auburn was breaking the rules and bring in a way to implement it here.

:rotfl:

Bending the rules would be the preferred term.

We also, unfortunately, probably need to figure out how to buy Mom a new car or whatever else Ole Miss / Auburn / Etc is doing. Hopefully Roof will have an idea how Auburn was breaking the rules and bring in a way to implement it here.

Sounds good to me. If we're going to be in the NCAA doghouse anyway, at least we'll have some wins to show for it.

Tech is a flash in the pan program for the last 50 years. Our flash was '09. We're back to where we hang, until the next flash. Quit your bitching and adjust your expectations accordingly.

All I know is the öööö isn't this hard. We got a bunch of great football minds and very little salesmanship. It shows up every time PJ opens his mouth. He sounds either irritated, angry, or condescending. That öööö doesn't sell to 17-18 year old kids.

If Paul wants to win big he's got to change his ways and he's got to mix his coaching staff with guys who can sell GT. Like I said before, he took a step in the right direction with Roof and Pelton, but it may be too late. Time will tell.

Yeah, yeah, let's get Lane Kiffin or Dabo to be our coach, yeah, that's the ticket.

We're recruiting guys to play for CPJ, so they're going have to deal with his personality. That being said, a lot of kids and their parents respect straight shooters even if you don't. A lot of kids and their parents respect a guy who doesn't promise a scholarship and a GT education just so he can pull it later when he gets a higher-rated recruit. In other words, a lot of kids and their parents respect honesty and integrity even if you don't.

The bottom line is that it doesn't do any good if we blow smoke up the rears of 17yr old kids if they don't want to play for the guy who calls the plays.

IMO, you really come off like a nerd who thinks the real world is all 1's and 0's. If someone doesn't think the sky is falling with this class, you accuse them of being satisfied with mediocrity. You rant about a class based on Rivals rankings--which I admit aren't meaningless--without seeming to appreciate that they don't tell the whole story. For example, Rivals has Antonio Messick as a 2* WR, but his film shows that he's physical as heck, and he reportedly likes to block. While he might be a 2* for a pro-set--but I expect he wasn't even given much of a look--he's got what we look for. Rivals gave Butker a 2* when he's one of the best kickers in the country and has been place-kicking off the ground all year.

Blind isn't just the place where you hunt, it also seems to describe your approach to our recruiting class.

thread is dumb. ban everyone.

6401.gif

If Tech fires CPJ next year, we're done as a football school, and BDS collects cob webs. We will fall to the level of Duke with our current recruiting restrictions, rival situation, media situation, and academic situation. Probably worse. Things are twice as hard for CPJ as they were for O'Leary in terms of external pressures on the program, from every angle. We're dead.

I certainly won't be renewing any tickets the year they fire CPJ. He's the only thing holding us above water.

That said, BOR is 100% right that CPJ needs to turn over his staff and replace them with recruiters. This year may have been a step in the right direction.

If Tech fires CPJ next year, we're done as a football school, and BDS collects cob webs. We will fall to the level of Duke with our current recruiting restrictions, rival situation, media situation, and academic situation. Probably worse. Things are twice as hard for CPJ as they were for O'Leary in terms of external pressures on the program, from every angle. We're dead.

I certainly won't be renewing any tickets the year they fire CPJ. He's the only thing holding us above water.

That said, BOR is 100% right that CPJ needs to turn over his staff and replace them with recruiters. This year may have been a step in the right direction.

Most ridiculous thing in the history if stingtalk and ööööööö if that isn't saying a lot.

That's what they said when Gailey was fired.

Agreed. CPJ seems to be fixing problems step-by-step, although not as quickly as many would hope. Sometimes, results lag actions. I believe that if you do the right things long enough, good things will happen. Hopefully, Roof/Pelton will be one of those right things.

Yeah, yeah, let's get Lane Kiffin or Dabo to be our coach, yeah, that's the ticket.

We're recruiting guys to play for CPJ, so they're going have to deal with his personality. That being said, a lot of kids and their parents respect straight shooters even if you don't. A lot of kids and their parents respect a guy who doesn't promise a scholarship and a GT education just so he can pull it later when he gets a higher-rated recruit. In other words, a lot of kids and their parents respect honesty and integrity even if you don't.

The bottom line is that it doesn't do any good if we blow smoke up the rears of 17yr old kids if they don't want to play for the guy who calls the plays.

IMO, you really come off like a nerd who thinks the real world is all 1's and 0's. If someone doesn't think the sky is falling with this class, you accuse them of being satisfied with mediocrity. You rant about a class based on Rivals rankings--which I admit aren't meaningless--without seeming to appreciate that they don't tell the whole story. For example, Rivals has Antonio Messick as a 2* WR, but his film shows that he's physical as heck, and he reportedly likes to block. While he might be a 2* for a pro-set--but I expect he wasn't even given much of a look--he's got what we look for. Rivals gave Butker a 2* when he's one of the best kickers in the country and has been place-kicking off the ground all year.

Blind isn't just the place where you hunt, it also seems to describe your approach to our recruiting class.

I stopped reading after your first stupid sentence. Can't argue, so you make one up. Typical.

Back