COFH Noon Kickoff

Here is the way this will go down......

Auburn will beat both Georgia and Alabama.....

We will beat Georgia

Georgia will then beat Alabama in the championship game.....

All SEC teams will have at least two losses and be out because

Clemson and Notre Dame will remain undefeated.
Michigan St, Washington St., and Oklahoma will each only have 1 loss.

Back to drinking now.............

We will beat Georgia

Auburn might beat UGA, but they ain't beating Bama this year so your theory is invalid.

I don’t see us beating Georgia this year, but who knows. Some of the pieces are coming together - run game, kicking game. Special teams, turnovers, and passing game need to fall into place to get a win. Still a few weeks left.

If we dont fumble, we'll move the ball against them, we'll get some tds. If we can move the ball against them, they won't be able to stop us in the 2nd half either. The problem is containing their run game. If we somehow manage to get ahead, it'll force them to pass and we might get a couple of interceptions.

We have to execute perfectly, be the healthiest we've been, not lose anyone during the game and not fumble once. If we can somehow get all those things to happen, maybe we'll be waiting for the team bus in front of Bobby Dodd at 4.30pm.

Home games at 3:30/7:00 and road games at noon.

giphy.gif

The only problem is I watched athens COFH with Buzzczar at his house with his two mutt friends last two times and it worked. But he said he doesnt wanna watch it this year so I'm kinda pissed that he wants to break tradition.

The only problem is I watched athens COFH with Buzzczar at his house with his two mutt friends last two times and it worked. But he said he doesnt wanna watch it this year so I'm kinda pissed that he wants to break tradition.
fix that.

If we dont fumble, we'll move the ball against them, we'll get some tds. If we can move the ball against them, they won't be able to stop us in the 2nd half either. The problem is containing their run game. If we somehow manage to get ahead, it'll force them to pass and we might get a couple of interceptions.

We have to execute perfectly, be the healthiest we've been, not lose anyone during the game and not fumble once. If we can somehow get all those things to happen, maybe we'll be waiting for the team bus in front of Bobby Dodd at 4.30pm.

Pretty narrow doorway. I agree with your point on perfection. My take is this:

Offensively, our run game will have a tough time and we will need to make up the difference in the passing game. Georgia is only allowing ~130 rush yards per game. It's not much better than ours. We will get some more, but not much. I wouldn't be surprised to see it stay <200. We will need a couple clutch conversions and a couple long bombs. The problem is that pass defense is where Georgia is excelling this year (an unusual reversal of the Kirby Smart norm). Georgia has a championship caliber defense this year.

Defensively, I think we match up OK against Georgia's run offense. They'll get some yards on us, but I've been happy with the performance of the defensive line in the run game. Fromm will have a lot of pass yards, though. A lot of our success will come down to the risk/reward of our pass game going our way that day. If we struggle to stop the run it will be a long day.

Just let it ride. Good öööö happens to those who don't overthink things.
The hard part is distinguishing between thinking and overthinking.

Or posting and overposting. I'm not sure I'm striking the right balance. What do you think?

Their plan as always will be to run the ball down our throats until we stop it and keep the ball away from us. Just like last year, Michel and Chubb pounded us until we started loading the box to take away the run, then Fromm was hitting the play action passes to wide open receivers. The only way I see us winning is matching them score for score early and hopefully we get the ball after half. If we can double dip and get up a score, I have hope that our defense can force a stop or turnover and we can put them away.

I dunno, but Georgia looked really sharp last year compared to this year. They are winning all their games this year on horsecrap, as the coaches would say. They make their luck out of the fact that their guys catch things they shouldn't, don't fall down when they should, and otherwise just way outplay their game plan. LSU showed how elementary they are when that tendency didn't count for much. I've been really surprised several times in the last few years to see how effective we've been at shutting down their run game. I, like you, don't expect much on that front this year, but every time GT takes the field I have basically no idea what I'm going to see.

We will beat Georgia

Clemson will have one loss and many a broken knee caps after Charlotte.

I don’t see us beating Georgia this year, but who knows. Some of the pieces are coming together - run game, kicking game. Special teams, turnovers, and passing game need to fall into place to get a win. Still a few weeks left.
I was really expecting a blowout win in 2009. I hope to God we finally get that blowout win this season, and next, and so on......

Or they lose to Auburn and us and beat bama in the sec championship and no SEC team makes it. 18 birds with 3 stones.

Nah, I don't want them to win a single game ever. How about this:
They lose to Auburn and us, and bama. Go to some other bowl and lose that: finish 9-5.
We win, finish the regular season 8-4, win against Clemson, win the cotton bowl or whatever and finish 10-4. öööö uga

Stranger things have happened. Can’t see the mutts being too excited to play us at noon and they will be focused on a monster Bama team the next week. Will be hard for us to tackle their running backs but Kirby isn’t the smartest or greatest game day coach.

Back