Collins after Pitt

Even with this pitiful loss, we have more potential than in a long time. I’m happy to hold judgement until midway into next season. I’m still on the CGC train for now.

We will beat the snot out of Duke next week and then have a bye week to regroup. I’m staying positive.

Even with this pitiful loss, we have more potential than in a long time. I’m happy to hold judgement until midway into next season. I’m still on the CGC train for now.

We will beat the snot out of Duke next week and then have a bye week to regroup. I’m staying positive.
This. I don’t have nearly as bad a taste in my mouth as any bad loss we’ve had in the last two years. Minimal improvement in both lines and I think this game is close if not a win.

I don’t think we’re much better than Duke

[QUOTE="ElCidBUZZingFAN, post: 2845365, member:
It’s not a hard choice. 2 of the best backs at GT in 20+ years.

And, oh ya, Brent Key is the run game coordinator.
[/QUOTE]

Key has always struck me as someone on the wrong end of the IQ curve. He was atrocious at UCF.

Separately, our defensive backfield has been the 2nd most disappointing unit after the oline.

Honestly, blaming this loss on Pdude, Key, or the OL is pretty stupid, if you're ignoring the fact THAT WE GAVE UP 52 ööööING POINTS! And should've been 59.
Wait! Pitt just scored again !

I don’t think we’re much better than Duke
Wut? Lol man I hope you’re wrong but I actually also think that you are wrong. We can’t overlook anyone obviously but I think we are better than duke.

And I don't know who evaluates the OL talent but the transfers we have taken are terrible.
Every Coach knows that you start your Team with OLs, then DLs, so when an OL hits the Portal, that previous HC didn't try too hard to keep him.

Most teams rotate maybe 7 OLs early in the season due to warm weather, so when a guy hits the Portal he might not have been projected to be in the Top7 that next season (all hypothetical of course)

This. I don’t have nearly as bad a taste in my mouth as any bad loss we’ve had in the last two years. Minimal improvement in both lines and I think this game is close if not a win.
It’s called apathy. We all have it. This loss doesn’t hurt as much because we are use to it. The earliest I’ve ever left a GT game in my 51 years. I couldn’t continue to watch. When I started rooting for Marco to body slam Collins I knew it was time to leave. Apathy helped me enjoy the rest of the day.

And if you think the turnovers had anything to do with today you are crazy. Pickett was a varsity player and we were the 5th grade team. And I’ve never seen a greater difference between our OLine and our opponents OLine in my life. And UGA is waaaaay better than Pitt.

If you were to choose, would you invest in Duke or GT for next 5 years?
I have degrees from both schools, hate Dookie football but follow it just enough to say that next week is a must win for GT. Duke is really bad.

It’s called apathy. We all have it. This loss doesn’t hurt as much because we are use to it. The earliest I’ve ever left a GT game in my 51 years. I couldn’t continue to watch. When I started rooting for Marco to body slam Collins I knew it was time to leave. Apathy helped me enjoy the rest of the day.

And if you think the turnovers had anything to do with today you are crazy. Pickett was a varsity player and we were the 5th grade team. And I’ve never seen a greater difference between our OLine and our opponents OLine in my life. And UGA is waaaaay better than Pitt.
I actually understand your point of view and your points are valid. Obviously you weren’t at the va tech game in 2019. But I actually put today in to context because for the first time in Collins tenure I feel like I can put the loss into context and identify exactly why we lost.

1. Trenches
We lined up and dared them to run and tried to get pressure with 3. It worked against uNC and not today. Additionally our O line had their worst performance of the year.

2. Red zone play calling, penalties and mistakes.

Team may not be true Freshman but they are still young and Immature. That’s the ball game. Improve the lines just a bit and we win.

I have degrees from both schools, hate Dookie football but follow it just enough to say that next week is a must win for GT. Duke is really bad.

But based on the question and the current/potential future state, which program has more upside?

Back