Collins is the top Candidate

Nice link, thanks. Good to know Collins loves recruiting and he's innovative about it. Makes me feel a little better.

I can't decide if I like the fact he's really pushing for our job. Part of me thinks the most important characteristic of any hire is that he's enthusiastic to be here. Another part of me thinks it's a bad sign that he thinks he has to campaign for it, as if his resume weren't enough.

I don't get it. He is the one media source who consistently covers GT athletics well. But yeah, lets öööö on the guy because he runs a pay service. If you 80k'd you would subscribe and understand.

While I do like the idea of hiring Collins, let's not forget when we got CPJ, there were many out there who wanted Muschamp.
and Neuheisel, and Hatcher, and Strong (my choice to replace CCG)

I honestly knew nothing about Coach Johnson other than he coached GSU and Navy when he was hired here. 2008 was a confusing season for me trying to figure out our offense. I was used to run left, run right, incomplete pass, punt

I guess it's well known that you are highly backing Key, but if that's not an option, what's your take on Elliott? Do you think there's a lot that's gone on that we (public) don't know about yet? How or why have we not at least contacted him, or do you imagine talks have been going on with agents and just haven't officially interviewed him yet?

Everyone says Tony Elliott has been Clemson’s OC. But last time I checked, him and Jeff Scott have been Co-OC since 2015. How do we know how much Tony Elliott is responsible for? Forgive me if I am naive, but I haven’t seen anything definitive that says he’s even the play caller. I think he’s relatively risky choice just on that alone.

There’s always stuff behind the scenes the public doesn’t know about.

I don't get it. He is the one media source who consistently covers GT athletics well. But yeah, lets öööö on the guy because he runs a pay service. If you 80k'd you would subscribe and understand.
This board is full of people who complain about the best Tech seasons in 50 years because x y and z. It's just human nature – or, let's make this theological, 'original sin' – to be an ass.

Recruited Colin Peek away from playing at Tech to transfer to Alabama and during the process said a whole lot of negative things about Tech to other coaches, recruits and IIRC even to one media source.

It worked out well for Peek so not too worried about it. I doubt he wanted to move to Tackle like Sellers and Barrick did, or catch 2 balls as backside WR while DT got all the looks from Nesbitt.

I doubt he was selling anything different than other bama coaches do, or Clemson coaches like Elliot do every day in recruiting.

This board is full of people who complain about the best Tech seasons in 50 years because x y and z. It's just human nature – or, let's make this theological, 'original sin' – to be an ass.
I didn't want CCG fired. I didn't want CPJ to leave. My first and second wives divorced me. Why does this happen to me?

Recruited Colin Peek away from playing at Tech to transfer to Alabama and during the process said a whole lot of negative things about Tech to other coaches, recruits and IIRC even to one media source.

I mean we didn't use TEs so did it really matter?

Everyone says Tony Elliott has been Clemson’s OC. But last time I checked, him and Jeff Scott have been Co-OC since 2015. How do we know how much Tony Elliott is responsible for? Forgive me if I am naive, but I haven’t seen anything definitive that says he’s even the play caller. I think he’s relatively risky choice just on that alone.

There’s always stuff behind the scenes the public doesn’t know about.
"The two have a game-week routine. They meet together and come up with plan, then share it with the rest of the staff. They meet soon after and share information from the rest of the offensive staff, then are in lock step the rest of the week.

On game day, Elliott is in the press box calling plays with input from all staffers. Scott is on the sidelines as a point of contact for players. So far, the Tigers are 27-2 with that system in place."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.wa...n-co-offensive-coordinators-tony-elliott-jef/

Lol. Who cares. If he’s leading recruiting at Alabama that’s part of his job.

Is he the guy that pulled Chris Jackson away and got Colin Peek to transfer?

I was just reporting what he allegedly did. I have no idea if it’s true.
That should disqualify him.

Unless Art Briles gets a call, I say Elliot.
Art Briles should get an interview

"The two have a game-week routine. They meet together and come up with plan, then share it with the rest of the staff. They meet soon after and share information from the rest of the offensive staff, then are in lock step the rest of the week.

On game day, Elliott is in the press box calling plays with input from all staffers. Scott is on the sidelines as a point of contact for players. So far, the Tigers are 27-2 with that system in place."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.wa...n-co-offensive-coordinators-tony-elliott-jef/

Interestingly enough, they are also 27-2 while employing the, “let’s play 4 1st round picks on our DL” system.

Interestingly enough, they are also 27-2 while employing the, “let’s play 4 1st round picks on our DL” system.
We probably beat everyone but Clemson and UGAg easily, even with our ööööty QB, if we had Clemson's second string DL. We would also move the Clemson and UGAg games much closer in competition

Yes we need one more thing to debate right now

We had that good TE before Peek, Cooper? Dammit, I'm old. He was good. Did I get the name right?

We had a run of good tight ends under Gailey. Matthews, Foshi, Heller. All had decent pro careers. Peek was good too, more of a receiving threat than the others.

Art Briles should get an interview

I hope they at least considered him and just didn’t dismiss him outright. At least research what the Dallas Morning News found, discuss it with Bud using facts, and see what Bud thinks. If Bud tells TS “absolutely now way”, then don’t interview him. If Bud says “I want to hear what happened from him”, then get Art and Bud on Skype to discuss.

Maybe that happened, maybe it didn’t. We’ll never know.

Back